• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 08 May 2021 - 06:32 AM

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27

There were six of us gathered around the sick woman. We were a group of those committed to praying for the sick. But added to our group that day was the woman's mother. When we saw how the illness had ravaged our friend, none of us could speak. I didn't think her mother would be able to stand the sight of her daughter, since it had been some time since she had seen her. I looked at the x-rays that showed different sized masses all over the body. Eating had now become a problem and the pain was overwhelming. We entered into a time of prayer and I could tell that her mom was unable to keep back tears. Afterwards, as I helped this mom to the car, she clasped my hand and said, "This will all turn out well. I know that Jesus will heal my daughter".

And that is exactly what happened. A year later, this sick woman taught beside me at two events. She is back at her job, oversees a restaurant, and has resumed her role as pastor's wife in their church. As I reflected on this amazing answer to prayer, I realized the power of the prayers of a mother. My own prayer that day was, "Heavenly Father, have mercy on this sick woman's mother who is trusting you to work a miracle in the body of her daughter”.

This Mother's Day let us renew our commitment to pray for our children. Let us search scripture and pray God's Word back to Him on behalf of these He has given us. Let's schedule times of prayer for our children. Hannah's words from 1 Samuel should be ours as well, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him”.

Attached File  IMG_5286.jpg   148.1KB   0 downloads