• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Davison

Tony Davison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Retired Electrician by trade full time christian by Gods choice.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:43 AM

Recently I stopped going to church because of reasons concerning the covid Virus, some thought that God would look after us regardless. So they thought there was no need to wear a mask at church even though you see them in the stores with a mask on. There was other reasons I stopped going but it has created a heaviness of heart. Then I read AW Tozers' devotional for August 11 2020. Which is as fallows:

There is weather in which nothing will grow. The farmer knows the damage done by prolonged periods of cold, wet weather in the spring after the seed has been planted. Sometimes the seed will rot in the ground, requiring a new planting with all the loss and extra work this entails. Weather may be too hot, too cold, too dry, too wet to favor good crops, and the Christian's moods, in like manner, may be unfavorable to spiritual growth and fruitfulness. Christian service carried on during prolonged heaviness of heart may be as good as wasted.

So I am asking you to  pray for me to maybe find a new "Elijah" to help me to get back on the path that God wants me to go.

• Andrew/Esther Schaeffer likes this

#2 Debbi Meyer

Debbi Meyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Rocky Mountain Calvary

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:32 PM

We need to be in community with other believers.  It seems that when you stopped going to church, you "veered off the path"?   "Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching."  (Hebrews 10:25) 

"Dear Father, please encourage Tony's heart today.  Please banish any fear, release him of any hurts, show him the way.  Help him to continue to run with perseverance the race marked out for him, with his eyes fixed on Jesus, the author and perfecter of his faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross.  I ask this in Jesus' name." (Heb 12)

• reader and Charles Miles like this

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:42 PM

Hello Tony,

I'm sorry to hear about this matter.  It seems that the church is divided over Covid. I ran into someone this morning who said their church is so divided over mask-wearing. There are really angry folk there.  It is sad.

I hope you can be without offense and, it this is the cause mostly,, go back possibly?  Can you just wear a mask and not concern about others not wearing?  I'm not sure of the entire situation of course.  I truly hope the best for you.

I pray Heavenly Father, that You would give Tony insight into his heaviness through prayer and request to You.  I ask You to guide Tony and feed his soul with Your word and truth to find answers.  In Jesus's name.

Abide,

Candice

• Debbi Meyer and reader like this

#4 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 04 September 2020 - 11:48 AM

We have begun Church services, but not SS. Most wear masks but some do not, choir does not meet, and singing is done quietly. We do have some great instrumentals that are glorious. All this to say that things are still different but worship continues. I long for the return of what we call "regular church", but looks like it is a few weeks away yet. I am reminded of Daniel and his time in captivity....I`m sure there were no "regular" Jewish services, but Daniel prayed every day as was his custom. I think he was a very important part of getting the Jews returned back home. If this is true, and I know it is, then there is a need for prayer warriors to spend time in their closets and pray for our country, our Church, our people, and our leadership.

It is not always easy to "go it alone" when worshiping and we all crave support from the Family for sure, but the ox is in the ditch and the flock is somewhat scattered for a while now.  Wonder what God has in mind and what is He looking for? Refiner`s fire? Times are difficult but not even close to impossible. When we come out the other side of this, and we will, in whom can we say we placed our trust? Tony, this is not to say that your concerns are not troubling for you and I understand the "heavy heart" part so very well, but as I read Psalm 28:7-14 I understand that we are not the first ones to run into this kind of difficulty. Job 36:15-16 also give me a little more understanding.

Do not let your spirit be troubled Tony. We all know who causes all this and who attacks the Church body every chance he gets, but we also know who has already won the victory. We know who is worthy of praise, worship, and all glory. 

May God bless you Tony, may He hold you in His hand, may He lift your spirits, and may He do this for us all,

Your brother in Christ Jesus,

Charlie