• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Studying the Word as the Spirit directs.
    Sharing what I learn about the Truth of the Word of God.
    Aquaponics / rooting plant starts / Living on God's provisions
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Coop Prairie

Posted 06 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

Tozer Devotional

Mon, April 06, 2020

Prayer For Humility

Now, O Lord of heaven and earth, I consecrate my remaining days to Thee; let them be many or few, as Thou wilt. I accept hard work and small rewards in this life. I ask for no easy place. I shall try to be blind to the little ways that could make life easier. If others seek the smoother path I will try to take the hard way without judging them too harshly.

I shall expect opposition and try to take it quietly when it comes. Or if, as sometimes it falleth out to Thy servants, I should have grateful gifts pressed upon me by Thy kindly people, stand by me then and save me from the blight that often follows.

Teach me to use whatever l receive in such manner that will not injure my soul nor diminish my spiritual power. Let me never forget that I am a man with all the natural faults and passions that plague the race of men. And if in Thy permissive providence honor should come to me from Thy Church, let me not forget that I am unworthy of the least of Thy mercies.

Verse

Present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, [which is] your reasonable service. Romans 12:1

Thought

Teach me to use whatever l receive in such manner that will not injure my soul nor diminish my spiritual power.

Prayer

Lord, I surrender all to you—my will, emotions, intellect, and body. Be the Lord of my life, and lead me in the way of righteousness.

I Thank you Father for this prayer that you put in Mr. Tozer's heart. Thank You for prompting me to read Mr. Tozer's devotionals today.

As this prayer is now, also in my heart, may it always be that this prayer of Mr. Tozer's be in my heart and the hearts of those that truly love You and Serve you with their whole hearts!!!

May we know and live Romans 12:1-3 by the oneness of our spirits with Jesus; which is available to us according to the petition of your Son, Father, in John chapter 17.  May it not be according to the doctrines of man, that we live, but according to the heart cry of your Son Jesus and the power of the Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead. May it be!