• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:46 AM

Almost from the beginning, after the first attack, churches began to organize prayer gatherings. Solemn assemblies, Sunday afternoons devoted to prayer and praise, a country-wide day of fasting and prayer crossing all denominational lines, and reaching down even into Sunday Schools and youth meetings. Many have added an additional prayer meeting to their weekly schedule. Time is made for specific prayer for peace in this country at every gathering, every church service, every church-related event. At a recent Sunday School gathering of hundreds of children to celebrate Christmas, all were asked to bow their heads and pray for the peace of Burkina Faso. As believers, we can quickly forget the power of prayer, forget the words of our God, "If my people will humble themselves and pray, I will hear from heaven." Several years ago, when threatened with political instability, the church rose up in prayer. Even government officials acknowledged that it was these prayers that made the difference. We are confident that the Lord will again bring about a miracle for Burkina Faso through the prayers of His people. If you are living in a country facing unrest, uncertainty, or division, make your voice heard through prayer. Organize a prayer meeting or add on specific prayer time for your country during your regular meetings. Find believers at your work place and make time to pray together for your country. James 5:16: "The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." May we be those who earnestly pray!

Attached File  youth praying.jpg   482.16KB   0 downloads