• 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 14 December 2019 - 01:10 PM

I see the forum has been quiet for a while. Things have been interesting around our house here lately and I remain blessed. Last week I had some chest pain(never a good thing) so I went in to see my internist/cardiologist and came out with another heart cath and 3 shiney new stents! Kind of early Christmas gifts. But not exactly what I had in mind....here`s what has been on my mind.

I read a book by a friend of mine this week, his name is "Smitty" Harris and he was a POW in N Vietnam for 8 1/2 years. Book name is "Tap Code".  Good reading and lots of information about what all those guys went through, but he left me with one of his takeaways from the experience.  He no longer gets angry, spends time having hurt feelings, or argues with others. He says he considers his "time in jail" as a "waste" of those years and he does not want to waste anymore time on things that mean nothing. He does not dwell on his prison time because it is OVER and living in the past is useless!

He is a committed Christian who will tell you about his relationship with the Lord anytime asked, and sometimes when not asked! 

"Smitty" is a hero of mine and he has a wisdom about him that is impressive. He is one person I know that actually does live without worry and time wasting anger and regret. 

May God grant us all this clearness of thought so we don`t waste time on useless things.

Charlie

• Lisa DeMarco likes this