• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 13 November 2018 - 01:36 AM

As she left that evening, Rachel said, "Pray that I would not feel such shame." Rachel has been sick for almost two years. She and her family have lost everything due to her sickness and they have sold off their good clothes and motorbike and anything that could fetch money. Shame is a huge matter in this culture where peoples' lives are so closely intertwined. We had just spent an intensive time in prayer with Rachel and these were her parting words; "Pray that I would not feel such shame." My immediate thought was a new dress. Our Alliance Women's Sunday was coming up and we would all be wearing new dresses made from the same material. The next day I secured the cloth and sent Rachel to the tailor. Already there was happy anticipation. When I saw Rachel in her new dress and saw that look of giddy joy and heard her laughter, I thought of the shame that all of us feel at one time or another because of our disobedience to our Lord Jesus. Yet, one day, we too will receive beautiful bright robes and crowns, and on that day, truly there will be no more shame. Jesus says in Revelation 3:18, "Buy white garments from me so that you will not be shamed." Attached File  IMG_0301.jpg   423.63KB   0 downloads