• 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 17 May 2018 - 03:35 PM

Haven`t been here for a while but enjoyed "catching up" on the posts for the last few weeks. 3 weeks ago while driving home from a meeting, my wife and I had a head on MVA that happened when a lady who was texting swerved into our lane. We were doing about 50mph and she was doing about 70 mph. Things like that happen so quickly that there is not even time to pray, speak, or even dodge! Judy has 2 broken wrists, a broken knee, and 3 broken ribs while I had only 2 black eyes, shoulder tendon rupture and bruises. Unfortunately the driver of the other vehicle was killed.  Benn a rough few weeks.

I mention the accident, not to be too detailed, but to say that things happen that we don`t understand, but our trust in the Lord has to remain firm. If He had not been in that truck cab with us I believe we would both be dead. Through all the trauma surgery and shock, the Lord has held the two of us in his hand and we have leaned on Him every day. Blessed be the name of the Lord.  He is worthy to be praised.

As we go through these weeks of casts, surgery, pain, and health concerns, our church has been there for us. One of the officers at the accident is in our church, as was of the EMTs, the ER physician, and the orthopedic surgeon. A loving Church is so much of a blessing and we often take it for granted, but a group of Christians that love one another is a powerful, powerful source of comfort. 

Someone asked if I prayed before the car hit us. Well there was no time right then. But it made me think a bit about how ready we are to meet the Lord at any given instant. That relationship needs to be secure, settled, and without any doubt every instant of every day. Any breach in our relationship with Him needs to be repaired now. There may not be a chance later. That person you do not love as you should, any hate at all in your heart, the little lady you have been meaning to go by and check on because she is alone, and all those things we all plan to deal with later, need to be dealt with. 

Sorry for the long post. I`m just glad to be alive with my sweet wife at my side, even though we are separated by some plaster casts at the moment. We are blessed.

Charlie

#2 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:05 PM

Charles,
First, Congratulations on your marriage! So happy you have someone to share life with.

I had to put this down once I read about the accident. It was too much. Then, I came back and finished and shared with my husband, Dan. We discussed it.
What can one say. The Lord is good. Yet, we are mortal and it is a fragile thread we hang on in this life.
So sad about the other driver’s fate. Life is too fast.

I have to tell you that Just last night my husband said he wants to visit the Alabama coast next winter. We had a hard winter. So, we may want to get away again next year. I thought of you Charlie because you’re the next state over and maybe we could meet up and visit!!!

I’m so grateful, as you expressed you are as well, that you and Judy are still with us. I sure miss you. What a story.

I pray: Lord heal Judy’s body snd Charles as well and give doctors are caregivers wisdom. Give Charles wisdom, strength and endurance. Let your presence comfort them. We praise You for your work in this tragic situation. Amen for the body of Christ helping and encouraging Charles and Judy.

Hang in there brother! I’ll keep praying. You keep posting ok?
Love,
Candice
  • Phil likes this

#3 Tony Davison

Tony Davison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:Retired Electrician by trade full time christian by Gods choice.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 18 May 2018 - 04:07 AM

When something like this accident happens do you stop and think I wonder what God wants me to do next? I would think God wants you to impact others with your testimony and witness. I am glad God preserved you because I enjoy your posts.

• Phil likes this

#4 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2018 - 08:59 AM

Wow, Charlie. I am simply stunned and grateful and sorrowful all at the same time. An amazing story of mortality and eternity, a gracious reminder from the hand of Jesus of His eternal care! Praying for quick healing.

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 18 May 2018 - 09:20 AM

Charlie, thank you so much for taking the time to share this and how the Lord was with you through it all, even to the point of providing members of your church family on the scene of the accident and in the ER to care for you and Judy. May you be blessed with speedy recoveries.

• Phil likes this

#6 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:34 AM

We are truly blessed and I am so greatful for what the Lord is doing in our lives. I have not spoken to our church as a whole yet, but I will.  The message will be one of thanksgiving for all their love and help physically, mentally, nutritionally, and mostly for their love. There seems to be a message of urgency in my soul....urgency about walking as close to the Lord as one can, getting "straight" in our relationship with God, and having peace about our salvation. 

• Phil and Tkulp like this

#7 Phil

Phil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Holy Bible, Hiking, Photography
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northgate Community Church

Posted 22 May 2018 - 10:58 AM

Charles, I'm sorry for the pain you and your wife are going through. But thank the Lord you survived, it truly is a miracle considering it was a head on collision at those speeds. I'll pray for you and your wife, and for the soul of the woman who died. Yes, you are blessed indeed. <><

#8 Jesus_Lolly

Jesus_Lolly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:56 PM

So glad you are okay Charlie.