Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 08 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

I pulled up to the ATM at my bank it's not in what you might call the best of neighborhoods but it's my neighborhood. I see in the distance a poor fella on a beat-up bike he's painfully thin his skin is real dark it's later I think I might have been afraid or maybe should have been as he approached my car and knew that I was obviously getting out money. He's going to ask me for some money I thought and a small part of me felt offended that he thought he could come up to my car like that and ask me for money instantly the Holy Spirit convicted me and said who Do You Think You Are you have a home and cars even a camper and you're getting out some cash and this man is so broken he told me he was so hungry he was starving and as thin as he was he probably wasn't lying... I said a little prayer to myself that I would be an encouragement to him he looked like he needed one and God changed my heart and I really wanted to be one for him. I said to him I'm deaf in my right ear and I can't really hear what you're saying the bank people can see you on their cameras and they may call the police you should not approach cars at the drive-thru go to the end of the bank property and wait for me there and I will talk to you. As I pulled away and saw that he was there waiting my heart just melted I don't even know him and I felt like I loved him and I really cared about him, his name he told me is Joe I told him my name we both know Jesus as Savior he is the first one that told me about his Savior,our Savior! I was able to help him out a little bit and I even had a little card with a Bible verse on it about how the Lord takes care of you and looks after you. I had a couple of Dairy Queen coupons for free ice creams and I gave him a little cash I told him I don't usually give anyone cash because I don't want you to buy drugs he told me he is a godly man and he really is hungry he lives in a tent. I asked him if it was a decent tent and he said it was, his hand was all deformed I don't even know how he can hold on to both the handlebars?? And so to some it may seem that I encouraged him and maybe the good Lord helped me to do that but I was greatly encouraged by listening to him talk about Jesus knowing that he was going away from society to a little tent that he had hid somewhere. I just pray that it is still there that it's waterproof and that he got something good to eat. That he feels valued and loved by his Savior and also by another human being whose path he crossed today thank you Joe, thank you Jesus
  • Phil and Jesus_Lolly like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#2 Jesus_Lolly

Jesus_Lolly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:01 AM

I'm so glad you were able to help him. Thank you for sharing!

#3 Robnpat

Robnpat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:02 PM

God puts angels in all points of the world..and in all conditions of Life...You just been touched by a Angel..

#4 Phil

Phil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Holy Bible, Hiking, Photography
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northgate Community Church

Posted 31 May 2018 - 03:54 PM

Hebrews 13:2 - 

Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

• Jesus_Lolly likes this