#1 sberhar@gmail.com

sberhar@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a Church Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:39 PM

Pray for me brothers and sisters to have greater humility. Sometimes in certain situations I'm not sure what it looks like. I'm asking God to work it in me and show me. Criticism is hard for me. I pray God will help me love people when they criticize me. God has been showing me how I can see these times as opportunities to rejoice that I can learn greater humility. What a revelation! I look forward to criticism when I look at it as God's training in humility. I was so happy to have this revelation but failed miserably today. If I talk to my brother or sister about how someone unjustly criticized me it is not humility. At that point I  am failing miserably and creating division in the hearts of those listening to me. So what does humility look like? Sometimes I'm not sure. But I really want humility. I think in this case it would mean praying for love and not ever complaining out loud to anyone else about it and humbly, quietly submitting to the bruising of my ego that needs to be made lower than it is. 

• Candice likes this

#2 Jesus_Lolly

Jesus_Lolly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

I can remember when I started praying for God to remove my ego. It took awhile and many tears, but

He did answer my prayer. It was so freeing to come to a place where I did not have to have a place or

be seen. Instead, I could enjoy God more fully. 

God works on us--refining us throughout our lives--molding us and transforming us. 

Praying for God to work in your life as He brings you even closer to Himself.

• Candice and Meema like this