• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Interests:Studying the Word as the Spirit directs.
    Sharing what I learn about the Truth of the Word of God.
    Aquaponics / rooting plant starts / Living on God's provisions
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and the God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Coop Prairie

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:44 AM

I have felt to bring an individual to the attention of this forum, "Ndidi".

Her father had been an ambassador to England, from Nigeria, until his death. She had been a police officer in England.

Ndidi was not only interested in a "Deeper Life" she was living her faith and prayers, to stop "human sacrifice" in Africa.  

She reached out for prayer support from the Alliance Church Community with her post in the Prayer Space.

She only received one comment to her request for prayer beside myself, a newbie! We communicated for about a month about our beliefs and her life.

We dialogue was fairly regularly. It amazed me that we were on the same page in our walk with the Lord.

I had just put her in communication with a Mandy from England, that was seeking help to minister, and had posted in the C&MA forums.

I was surprised after a while that I received no communication from Ndidi, nor was she posting. I knew she was active, on a governmental level, attempting to expose and stop the work of Satan in Nigeria regarding human sacrifice.

What has happened I do not know, but I feel she is in need of prayer.

She gave me permission, as can be read in the dialogue below, to share anything that she was sharing with me. The following are all the unedited copies of our private and some public communication from my email records.

Posted in "The Prayer Forum" by Ndidi

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

To stop Human Sacrifice in Nigeria (and Africa as a whole)

Started by Ndidi, Apr 27 2017 08:06 AM

Posted 27 April 2017 - 08:06 AM

Human Sacrifice is a daily thing in Nigeria and is practised everywhere, by those who call themselves Christians or Moslems, and by animists. It's horrific and cruel. Nigerians are involved in Human Sacrifice because it promises them riches, or protection - from harm or from being caught when trafficking drugs or contraband. 

The culture of Human Sacrifice has been going on for centuries and is the true religion of Nigerians. It is a daily blood covenant and pact with Darkness. So no surprise that Nigeria is a "fantastically corrupt" place, and that decade after decade, there is a "Leadership problem", when leaders at all levels, including traditional leaders and religious leaders (yes, "pastors" too) are involved in Human Sacrifice.

Please help by joining me to constantly pray against Human Sacrifice in Nigeria, and that God would please have mercy on us to help so that this evil STOPS. Thank you

PS - Please make known in your churches this practice of Human Sacrifice in Nigeria (Do Google it, it's also called "ritual killing"), and we need true Missionaries here too. Thank you. Ndidi 

Our communication...

Tkulp,

Ndidi has replied to a personal conversation entitled "Ritual Killing".

Ndidi said:
======================================================================
Hi Tim,

I am a British citizen with Nigerian parentage, and a retired Met (London) Police Officer. I decided to take early retirement from British Police in 2015 as I was uncomfortable having paid help to look after my recently widowed mother who had relocated to the village in Nigeria with my Dad in the late '90s, after 45 years or so in Europe.

I am very much aware of Nigerian criminality. We arrest Nigerians on a daily basis in any of the 32 London boroughs.

I am used to Homicides, but the prevalence of Human Sacrifice in Nigeria (and Black Africa) is more than any sane person can comprehend. We have a lot of abortions here too.... There is a difference between them. They are all Homicides, but Human Sacrifice is done as a deliberate offering to the spirits. It's a covenant that allows (evil) spirits to take charge of individuals and nations. I don't think any woman in the USA or the West who aborts her baby does it consciously as a gift to spirits?

The backwardness in the mind of people here is astonishing! Nothing good works - not the schools, not the hospitals, no trains, NO ELECTRICITY! (I am using my own generator right now and most times, and I am in Abuja the capital, in a gated estate where the wealthy live), no toilets - open defecation just like dogs do in the West. I could go on and on. You wouldn't recognise what goes by the name of "Christianity" here. It's just the traditional worship of spirits, magic (ie miracles in christian speak), and sorcery. In the letter to the church in Pergamum, Lord Jesus greets them with the words, "... where satan has his throne". I believe from what goes on in Nigeria that this is where satan has his throne, because the people DAILY do human sacrifices.

Do people in the US PLUCK OUT THE EYES of toddlers? It happens here. That's part of the Human Sacrifice. The eyes are needed for some fetish thing.

I got to dash. I have to switch off my generator in 30 minutes because nobody can afford to run a generator 24/7 on honestly gotten money. Will continue later. As a Westerner who was not born in Africa (but Black person due to my racial heritage), I can only say that Nigerians have managed to create a Hell on earth! Only God can help us. And, I have been here nearly 2 years but haven't met a real Christian who I can have confidence that God will listen to the person's prayers. Hence my plea to you guys out there, to pray for us. I haven't found a church here either. There is absolutely none in my village although there's a "church" every 200 yards!!! I understand there may be one godly church in Lagos, but I am in Abuja.

Bye for now

(Sorry if there are typos in this, but I will have no electricity in 20 minutes time so can't check my text)

Ndidi

------------ QUOTE ----------
Ndidi,

I did not want to take attention from your prayer request, so I am sending this as a private email. If you choose to post it, you are welcome to.

I did Google ritual killing, as you suggested. The power of Satan to destroy is very powerful in the world. I was not aware of the problem in Nigeria, but have received scam emails from Nigerians, not realizing that a ritual killing may have been involved.

If you read any of my material on this site you will soon realize my burden for people that are deceived. Especially for those who believe that they are going to an eternal deliverance (salvation) when they have not experienced daily deliverance form the powers of darkness.

The ritual killing, in the United States, if it could be known, may far exceed any other place in the world. My country has legalized it. It is called abortion.

I do desire to see deliverance, but I believe that it will only come to those that want to be free from the control of the senses, our flesh, more that they want anything else in this life.

If greed is in control of a life, it may cause a Nigerian to take the physical life, but it causes Americans to destroy people(not physically kill them) for gain, leaving them alive, but financially, emotionally, etc, dead or suffering.

Even here, the destroying of lives is happening in all elements of society, even within the churches!

Tim
-----------------------------

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!
You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:

http://ecommunity.cm...__firstUnread__

Notice: This e-mail is covered under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510-2521, and is legally privileged. The information enclosed is confidential and intended only for use by the individual or entity named above, and other authorized recipients. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete all copies of the original message. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware.

Tkulp,

Ndidi said:
Hi Tim,

It's not easy living in Nigeria after having spent my entire life in Europe but I feel I am supposed to be here. Had I been younger, there is no way I would live in this country... But I can go to London for holidays, and have a Whatsapp group with some of my best UK friends and we correspond daily. And anyway, there's a Scripture that says, "Woe to them that are at ease in Zion" And I am certainly not at ease here. Ha ha ha! John Bunyan is one of my favourite people and his life was anything but easy, and he inspires me. I once had to go to Bedford Prison to charge a suspect who was already on remand for other offences, while there I spent a half hour or so walking around the town centre, thinking about John Bunyan who was a tinker there.

I see what you mean about Darkness, whether in the USA or Nigeria. And you're right that satan is satan, no matter where, and that following him leads to the same thing. My mind just reels whenever I am confronted with Human sacrifice.... The horror of it. The fact that it makes no sense and is just so awfully cruel. I understand why an offender would kill someone during a robbery or a burglary, it's bad, but it makes sense: the victim has money, the suspect kills him for it. But Human Sacrifice is when the offender plucks out a child's eyes, or cuts off the arms of Albino children, or cuts out the heart, private parts etc of a victim, in all these applying no anaesthetic! The victim is alive, because the soothsayer/clairvoyant/medium/witch doctor says the magic/medicine is more potent if the victim is in agony..... God help us.

Thank you for your prayers. Please if you can, keep Nigeria regularly in your prayers. The corruption is so total. The "backwardness" is amazing, as if the past 2000 years of technology and knowledge has passed us by - common hygiene principles are unknown here.... I could go on and on. But it's my choice to be here.

I have linked up with a local NGO to head a programme called Nation-Builders, the aim of which is exactly as the title states: about nation building, by bringing in God's Moral Light into the lives of those who access the programme. But it is not overtly Christian, since we don't want to alienate Moslems. It's early days yet, but we now have a centre within Abuja where the programme can take place. I am also looking for an opening to help improve Law Enforcement agencies here, particularly the Police. But so far nothing - there's a lot of corruption and those higher up may not actually want to see any improvement in Law Enforcement because they are making MONEY, through the chaos that exists. But I'll keep on trying.

Thank you for your interest and concern about Nigeria. Let's fight the good fight, Let's run the race set before us.

Yours in Christ,

Ndidi

Thanks for the reply Ndidi,

It is very informative to hear your first hand experience in Nigeria. I commend you on your decision to personally care for your mother.

I am not sure of your separation between a person who knowingly is performing demonic rituals, here I have heard of pets being stolen and used for such, or the individual who has surrendered their spirit to the will of the senses. Each has a goal of attaining that which their selfish greed desires.

Your comment, "I don't think any woman in the USA or the West who aborts her baby does it consciously as a gift to spirits?" I would agree with, but does that make the murder any less of a sin before God? Having done that, or a country that permits that, ...do they affect in a greater or lessor degree the power that Satan has over that land?

I would believe not. The difference in my mind might be that the ugliness, cruelty, etc. of the act would be more visible in Nigeria; where the in the US the truth of the evil is hidden or made to appear as humane.

My heart goes out to you and your burden for the evils of Nigeria.

As for the churches here, I see many of them as being a reflection of the night clubs that I visited in my youth. Full of entertainments of the senses, the music, the lighting, etc.

No it is not the horror of demon worship, it is quite the opposite, but the purity, holiness and intimate relationship with a Holy God are just as lacking.

So, the question might be, is there a difference between the emptiness of heathenism or the emptiness of those in who knew about God but did not obey God or know Him intimately?

Mat 7:22 - 23 Many will say to Me on that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name and driven out demons in Your name and done many mighty works in Your name? And then I will say to them openly (publicly), I never knew you; depart from Me, you who act wickedly [disregarding My commands]. [Psa. 6:8]

Mat 25:11 - 13 Later the other virgins also came and said, Lord, Lord, open [the door] to us But He replied, I solemnly declare to you, I do not know you [I am not acquainted with you]. Watch therefore [give strict attention and be cautious and active], for you know neither the day nor the hour when the Son of Man will come.

As a civilized human we would say a definite yes. Americans would consider the Nigerians as uncivilized and foolish to believe in spirits as they do.

I would guess that most Americans do not believe in spirits, or in the fact that evil spirits control their lives. At least Nigerians know the reality of the powers of darkness, if only they could, or would see the Light and come to know the fact that the Light has overcome the darkness.

Most Americans live in a darkness, but do not know or believe it. It is far more difficult to show them the Light, as they live in a great deception of darkness, believing that the darkness they live in is 'light'! Since they believe that they are in the light, they do not seek for "Truth", or accept it when the are exposed to it.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

Tim

Notice: This e-mail is covered under the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 USC 2510-2521, and is legally privileged. The information enclosed is confidential and intended only for use by the individual or entity named above, and other authorized recipients. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete all copies of the original message. This email has been scanned for viruses and malware.

Tkulp,

Ndidi said:
Hi Tim,

My generator is on so I have electricity. Plus, the telecoms provider network is working so I thought I should quickly respond to your email now. I will read John 17 in the morning then write about that over the weekend.

I have read John Bunyan's "Grace Abounding To The Chief Of Sinners" which is autobiographical. At the time I thought he made up the title, then I later saw that St Paul had applied those words to himself. I have also read Bunyan's "Holy War". All his books have helped me and in the past 17 or so years I have listened to his sermons on the sermonaudio website. As a London Police Officer I missed church a lot since I worked most Sundays, and sermonaudio sermons sort of compensated. Here in Nigeria, I have found no church so sermonaudio is indispensable.

For your own knowledge, and to pass it on to as many Christians as you can, I will tell you about religion in Nigeria, and Black Africa, so that you guys can help us by your prayers plus, in the hope that it would inform and affect the way you (plural) interact with Africans either in the USA or do any possible missions work/activity in Africa. Africa truly is a Dark Continent and I used to think that was a term given by folks who didn't like Africans - but now I see it is the unfortunate truth.

Although I will describe Nigeria, this same situation obtains in all of Black Africa plus in the Caribbean islands eg Haiti. In a nutshell, the traditional belief is based on spirit worship and spirit fear. African ancestors were able to communicate with spirits and this was done via the witch doctor/soothsayer (clairvoyant/medium). These spirits gave the witch doctor powers over humans and over nature so that they could do magic, plus read people's minds, tell the future, etc. Sort of like the way magicians in Pharaoh's time could copy some of Moses' (God's) miracles, plus in Joseph's time had powers to interpret dreams. Spirits were seen to enter and come out of trees, rocks, water bodies. So today certain trees are sacred. In my village there is a tree around which they have put a little fence. It's a sacred tree and if anybody cuts it down, they WILL be killed. (This is in a village which prides itself and swears it is Christian!)

Now, the witch doctor is all-powerful: he knows secret things about you, can foretell your future, can curse/bless you, can do magic.

The belief is that spirits can cause you good or harm. A neighbour who hates you can through the spirits kill you with untimely and "strange" death, or cause you misfortune: childlessness, poverty, illness, being unmarried etc. Thus, there is a constant atmosphere of fear, suspicion of neighbours, and hatred going on. If I am scared of you, I will go to the witch doctor to get "spiritual medicine" that will fight whatever "spiritual attacks" you throw at me. When a young person dies, it's always seen as some "spiritual attack". Not a medical reason, and autopsies are rarely done so the spiritual attack reason for deaths is prevalent here, among the educated and illiterate.

Whatever (nonsense) the witch doctor says is totally believed, no questions asked. People are scared of him, that he may put a curse on them, so they obey him no matter what foolish or EVIL thing he asks you to do. So, if you want to pass your exam - instead of studying hard for it, you go to the witch doctor and he tells you he will make medicine for you using the eyes of the cleverest child in your class. You will go and pluck out the child's eyes. (This is a true tale where a teen plucked out his best friend's eyes because his best friend was the cleverest in the class. Toddlers eyes also get plucked out). If the witch doctor asks for a human body part to create his medicine for someone, without hesitation a human sacrifice is performed.

Essentially, people consult the witch doctor for things like wanting to emigrate abroad but you don't qualify, wanting to get rich (most common reason), wanting a child, wanting marriage, illness, protection from others/harm, protection from getting caught whilst committing a crime eg drug trafficking, kidnapping, armed robbery etc.
They also consult a witch doctor if they are jealous by the success or beauty of somebody else, or want to separate a man from his wife so that the man can love them instead.

Nigerians are so into the spiritual world, ie, the world of spirits. The witch doctor plus witches/wizards, work in that spiritual realm where astral travel, magic, poltergeist type of activities are very real.
Nigerians believe people can turn into animals and are very concerned about dreams. Visions are very important and guide people.

This is in short the traditional religion and life of the Nigerian. We had about 80 years of British colonial rule that ended in 1960. During that period the British were the preachers and the churches were ok because the British would not allow traditional beliefs into the churches. However, as soon as the British left, the witch doctor transformed himself into a preacher and "took over" Christianity. Added to that is the "prosperity gospel" which we so love, that came over from the USA. So this is what is called Christianity in Nigeria. It's a pagan-Christianity.

Thus the witch-doctor and traditional religion remains strong in Nigeria, but under the guise of Christianity:The all-knowing and all-powerful witch doctor becomes the all-knowing Pastor/ "man of God", whose word is truth and must be obeyed, including eating grass (there's a youtube video on this, Pastor Daniel), allowing the pastor to fondle female breasts etcThe witch doctor's strange incantations becomes Speaking in TonguesThe blood of sacrifice becomes the Blood of Jesus (Nigerians invoke Jesus' Blood over themselves, their homes etc to protect them from danger and harm like it's a magic potion, conjurer's words)Magic become Miracle (we have hundreds of billboards announcing miracle services regularly, and just mention the word "miracle", Nigerians will come like a flood. Magic is very very dear to Nigerians, and is a major part of the traditional religion)
So, Tim, we need to hear the True Gospel. It has not been heard here. Repentance is unknown and sneered at when you explain, because your listener thinks you're only pretending to talk holy.... In fact, lying is revered and seen as WISDOM - only a fool tells the truth!

Bye for now.

Ndidi

Ndidi,

Your understanding and willingness to obey are commendable! It is very interesting to communicate with someone spiritually that lives in a different culture. I see the American culture from a distance and function within a small church setting.

John Bunyan is a man that did not let Satan discourage as he faced the civilized torments of the Kingdom of this world. I have wanted to go beyond Pilgrim's Progress, in his writings, but have not yet taken the time.

Darkness is a bit of a broad concept with deep spiritual parallels. Without physical light we can not see to stay on the road; the deepest darkness being found in a cave.

Darkness also refers to a lack of knowledge or understanding. Without that we would all be like your Nigerians.

The Bible speaks of a state where people might live in a sort of dusk or partial darkness; where they consider themselves to be living in the light, but the light that they have is darkness. Those people are very difficult to help see the Truth.

I think of your desire to build a nation, so to speak; in cooperation with the Muslims. I would encourage you to find a life "in" Christ Jesus. Truly lead by the Holy Spirit. I believe that it was an element of that which gave America its firm foundation. A nation built with the principles of the teachings of Jesus Christ. I can not begin to think about how it would be to do that today, without the true "Light" of Jesus within the center of my being, directing my every thought and all that I am!

I was trying to think how John Bunyan would have used the concept in Pilgrim's Progress, but I am not sure that he did.

The idea is found in the book of John. First of all, from my studies, John had a concept of believing that was not just mental, it was an active faith, faithful, maybe. In the 17th chapter is the real heartfelt prayer of a Son with His Father. The Father having sent the son on a mission and the Son, having completed the mission, wrapping up business where he was, getting ready to return home.

I would like to hear what you get out of a current reading of John 17, with that in mind. Let me know when you get a chance.

Tim

Tkulp,

Ndidi said:
Hi Tim,

Yes, I too thought Michael in Kenya was fishing for money. My parents left Nigeria for Europe in 1960 (my Dad worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and subsequently became an Ambassador), then returned in their old age in the mid - late 1990s. My Dad had money and became the constant target of Nigerians who mercilessly and unrelentingly cheated him and stole from him, such that when he died, he had just about £2000 in his bank account. We had to sell his house in order to pay for his funeral. I never understood how such could happen because my Dad and another man, an Englishman, are the two super clever, super intelligent people I had ever come across! But now, living among Nigerians, I am beginning to see what would have happened to my Dad.....

Instead of being innovative, and creating an environment conducive for business and commerce, the mindset here is to be always on the look out for someone who has "money", then begin to divest him of that money. Foreigners are automatic targets. So too are people like me who although African by Race, were born, raised and had careers outside Africa, and are seen in many ways as "foreigners" because our attitudes, behaviour and way of doing things are not typically African. Because of what happened to my Dad, and how I have assessed Nigerians, I don't give out money. Firstly I don't have it to give since I have already planned what to do with my money. Secondly, as a former London Police Officer, I would never just give money to people willy-nilly without having thoroughly interviewed the person (just as I would interview a suspect), finding out why they are poor, what they have been doing with their money, who else have they approached for money, why their extended family hasn't helped them, why are they coming to me? They soon leave me alone! But I don't believe in IRRESPONSIBLE giving because that has done damage to the African mind.

I understand why Americans (and Westerners) would be so concerned in the face of African poverty, and begin to start giving the people money, but if I use Nigeria, it hasn't worked. We have the same problems in 2017 as we did in 1960, despite having received charity funds throughout those rolling decades. I believe that Western Christians should begin to make Africans, including the abject poor ones, take responsibility for their lives and situations. Such as:
1) Why have children that you can't afford to bring up? So who do you expect will pay for them?
2) Why do Africans keep on electing thieves and the corrupt to rule them? Or, if the politician rigged himself into position, why aren't the Africans doing SOMETHING to stop it? (The Nigerian poor know that it is corruption that is depriving them of the basic infrastructure plus social services they need to make their lives better, but they are waiting for a "miracle" from God/Allah to make things better for them)

Such questions would be more helpful because it would throw the responsibility to THINK, onto the African. And, God said, "...come, let us reason together....", so thinking is a Christian and godly activity.

Otherwise, just handing out money to Africans, even for "good causes", just means that you will have to do it forever, because once a source of money keeps on coming, there will be no need to become a self-reliant thinker. Africans have now come to expect that Westerners must give them money for this and that. My understanding of the early church from the book of Acts is that those people (and many were poor or even slaves), in the main, created their own churches themselves. Perhaps the church in Jerusalem collected money a couple of times for a specific purpose to give the newer churches in the Roman lands, but I get the impression that the Christians of any area are to rely on themselves and not be "begging" for outside financial assistance. I know something about the history of the church in Britain, and they didn't rely on money from missionaries or missions! As God moved their hearts, He made them to become more reflective and innovative. The same should be allowed to happen to Africans....

I have read that article on Missions in Ivory Coast but I have to go out now, and will give you my opinion on it later.

Take care!

Ndidi

PS - Please feel free to pass around and disseminate anything I have written to others. Nigerians (and Africans) need help! Not really financial help, but in interactions that will get them to THINK!! Because it's lack of thinking, ie intellectual laziness that has put Africans in the predicament and hardship they are in.

Thanks Ndidi for the information on the church in Nigeria.

Also I read your response to Michael in Kenya. I got the impression, since he never replied to me, that he was seeking a hand-out. I was very impressed with your encouragement to him.

After reading your evaluation of the church in Nigeria, I was curious about what the C&MA work is like there.

I would like to have you thoughts on the following article.

https://www.cmallian...sions-to-heart/ (https://www.cmallian...sions-to-heart/)

It breaks my heart to hear that the prosperity message is spreading around the world. It reminds me of something that Jesus said to the Pharisees, Matthew 23:15 "Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You cross land and sea to make one convert, and when you get one, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves!

I spent some time tonight browsing Nigerian News and Abuja Church web sites.

Beside the things that you mentioned it appears to me that the Moslem faction is making the news with an effort to take over the country.

Tkulp,

Ndidi said:
Hi Tim,

With regards to the Missions in Ivory Coast story, (oh dear, the electricity has just been taken away...) I can't make an assessment as there isn't enough information. A Nigerian pastor (Dr Obend) is mentioned in the article but without his first name to assist, I haven't been able to find him with a Google search.

I have been praying for God to send His true Gospel to Nigeria so I welcome missionaries and missions, but without giving out free money to the locals, and if supporting a local minister, it should be done with much care and perhaps as an interest-free loan. Otherwise the lure of "free money", no matter how tiny the amount, could be what is attracting the local minister to the ministry.

What is lacking in Nigeria is REPENTANCE. Nobody seems interested in it at all. When someone is caught red-handed in some misdemeanour, the general attitude is, "Ehh... And so..... AM I THE ONLY ONE?". I think preaching Repentance and the reality of an eternal hell, could be the answer. Plus, since consulting mediums/witch doctors is common practice, together with the belief in spirits, preaching that there are fallen angels (devils) that go about deceiving people and helping a witch doctor to perform magic would help.

Last week I waited at a guest house for a friend who was seeing a client nearby. There was a woman there drinking beer and now coming under the influence of alcohol so her tongue was loosening. She got to talking saying that Nigerians were spiritually stronger than people in the West. I asked her what she meant but she wouldn't say. So I asked her if she was talking about witchcraft and she got agitated so I began to think that the poor thing is involved in all that Darkness. This is the problem we have in Africa. Those who dabble in the occult think that it strengthens them! They don't know that it makes them the most puny and weakest thing on earth....

So this is the approach that would wok for Nigerians/Africans: preach Repentance, preach that spirits exist but are fallen angels that weaken and destroy you, and will keep you away from Christ thus take you to hell.

Take care,

Ndidi

Thanks Ndidi for the information on the church in Nigeria.

Also I read your response to Michael in Kenya. I got the impression, since he never replied to me, that he was seeking a hand-out. I was very impressed with your encouragement to him.

After reading your evaluation of the church in Nigeria, I was curious about what the C&MA work is like there.

I would like to have you thoughts on the following article.

https://www.cmallian...sions-to-heart/ (https://www.cmallian...sions-to-heart/)

It breaks my heart to hear that the prosperity message is spreading around the world. It reminds me of something that Jesus said to the Pharisees, Matthew 23:15 "Woe to you, experts in the law and you Pharisees, hypocrites! You cross land and sea to make one convert, and when you get one, you make him twice as much a child of hell as yourselves!

I spent some time tonight browsing Nigerian News and Abuja Church web sites.

Beside the things that you mentioned it appears to me that the Moslem faction is making the news with an effort to take over the country.

Tkulp,

Ndidi said:
Hi Tim,

Me again. This time about John 17.

I like it a lot. I see it as an intimate encouraging message from our Messiah - not written for everyone (not for the world), but only for those elect, those whom the Father has given to Jesus. I see it not as an evangelical text to proclaim to the world, but as a text reserved for the true believers, and they alone. To encourage them. To show them that they will be OK - they are safe.

As for my Nation-Builders programme, I have deliberately made it secular so that everyone can be accepted. It is inclusive. In the UK, Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists, Moslems, the various types of Christians all live in peace and respect. But here, there is so much religious hatred and there are only 2 religions! Not the many as in the UK. So I hope in Nigeria we can have that outward peace too. Nation-Builders will have God's Moral Light (10 Commandments) as its underlying philosophy though.

I then hope that at some point God will open the door for me to have a platform to teach women and young people about the Christ of Scripture. But that will be religious, and only for those interested in hearing.

Take care,

Ndidi

Hi Tim,

My generator is on so I have electricity. Plus, the telecoms provider network is working so I thought I should quickly respond to your email now. I will read John 17 in the morning then write about that over the weekend.

I have read John Bunyan's "Grace Abounding To The Chief Of Sinners" which is autobiographical. At the time I thought he made up the title, then I later saw that St Paul had applied those words to himself. I have also read Bunyan's "Holy War". All his books have helped me and in the past 17 or so years I have listened to his sermons on the sermonaudio website. As a London Police Officer I missed church a lot since I worked most Sundays, and sermonaudio sermons sort of compensated. Here in Nigeria, I have found no church so sermonaudio is indispensable.

For your own knowledge, and to pass it on to as many Christians as you can, I will tell you about religion in Nigeria, and Black Africa, so that you guys can help us by your prayers plus, in the hope that it would inform and affect the way you (plural) interact with Africans either in the USA or do any possible missions work/activity in Africa. Africa truly is a Dark Continent and I used to think that was a term given by folks who didn't like Africans - but now I see it is the unfortunate truth.

Although I will describe Nigeria, this same situation obtains in all of Black Africa plus in the Caribbean islands eg Haiti. In a nutshell, the traditional belief is based on spirit worship and spirit fear. African ancestors were able to communicate with spirits and this was done via the witch doctor/soothsayer (clairvoyant/medium). These spirits gave the witch doctor powers over humans and over nature so that they could do magic, plus read people's minds, tell the future, etc. Sort of like the way magicians in Pharaoh's time could copy some of Moses' (God's) miracles, plus in Joseph's time had powers to interpret dreams. Spirits were seen to enter and come out of trees, rocks, water bodies. So today certain trees are sacred. In my village there is a tree around which they have put a little fence. It's a sacred tree and if anybody cuts it down, they WILL be killed. (This is in a village which prides itself and swears it is Christian!)

Now, the witch doctor is all-powerful: he knows secret things about you, can foretell your future, can curse/bless you, can do magic.

The belief is that spirits can cause you good or harm. A neighbour who hates you can through the spirits kill you with untimely and "strange" death, or cause you misfortune: childlessness, poverty, illness, being unmarried etc. Thus, there is a constant atmosphere of fear, suspicion of neighbours, and hatred going on. If I am scared of you, I will go to the witch doctor to get "spiritual medicine" that will fight whatever "spiritual attacks" you throw at me. When a young person dies, it's always seen as some "spiritual attack". Not a medical reason, and autopsies are rarely done so the spiritual attack reason for deaths is prevalent here, among the educated and illiterate.

Whatever (nonsense) the witch doctor says is totally believed, no questions asked. People are scared of him, that he may put a curse on them, so they obey him no matter what foolish or EVIL thing he asks you to do. So, if you want to pass your exam - instead of studying hard for it, you go to the witch doctor and he tells you he will make medicine for you using the eyes of the cleverest child in your class. You will go and pluck out the child's eyes. (This is a true tale where a teen plucked out his best friend's eyes because his best friend was the cleverest in the class. Toddlers eyes also get plucked out). If the witch doctor asks for a human body part to create his medicine for someone, without hesitation a human sacrifice is performed.

Essentially, people consult the witch doctor for things like wanting to emigrate abroad but you don't qualify, wanting to get rich (most common reason), wanting a child, wanting marriage, illness, protection from others/harm, protection from getting caught whilst committing a crime eg drug trafficking, kidnapping, armed robbery etc.
They also consult a witch doctor if they are jealous by the success or beauty of somebody else, or want to separate a man from his wife so that the man can love them instead.

Nigerians are so into the spiritual world, ie, the world of spirits. The witch doctor plus witches/wizards, work in that spiritual realm where astral travel, magic, poltergeist type of activities are very real.
Nigerians believe people can turn into animals and are very concerned about dreams. Visions are very important and guide people.

This is in short the traditional religion and life of the Nigerian. We had about 80 years of British colonial rule that ended in 1960. During that period the British were the preachers and the churches were ok because the British would not allow traditional beliefs into the churches. However, as soon as the British left, the witch doctor transformed himself into a preacher and "took over" Christianity. Added to that is the "prosperity gospel" which we so love, that came over from the USA. So this is what is called Christianity in Nigeria. It's a pagan-Christianity.

Thus the witch-doctor and traditional religion remains strong in Nigeria, but under the guise of Christianity:The all-knowing and all-powerful witch doctor becomes the all-knowing Pastor/ "man of God", whose word is truth and must be obeyed, including eating grass (there's a youtube video on this, Pastor Daniel), allowing the pastor to fondle female breasts etcThe witch doctor's strange incantations becomes Speaking in TonguesThe blood of sacrifice becomes the Blood of Jesus (Nigerians invoke Jesus' Blood over themselves, their homes etc to protect them from danger and harm like it's a magic potion, conjurer's words)Magic become Miracle (we have hundreds of billboards announcing miracle services regularly, and just mention the word "miracle", Nigerians will come like a flood. Magic is very very dear to Nigerians, and is a major part of the traditional religion)
So, Tim, we need to hear the True Gospel. It has not been heard here. Repentance is unknown and sneered at when you explain, because your listener thinks you're only pretending to talk holy.... In fact, lying is revered and seen as WISDOM - only a fool tells the truth!

Bye for now.

Ndidi

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Tkulp" data-time="1493910492">Ndidi,

Your understanding and willingness to obey are commendable! It is very interesting to communicate with someone spiritually that lives in a different culture. I see the American culture from a distance and function within a small church setting.

John Bunyan is a man that did not let Satan discourage as he faced the civilized torments of the Kingdom of this world. I have wanted to go beyond Pilgrim's Progress, in his writings, but have not yet taken the time.

Darkness is a bit of a broad concept with deep spiritual parallels. Without physical light we can not see to stay on the road; the deepest darkness being found in a cave.

Darkness also refers to a lack of knowledge or understanding. Without that we would all be like your Nigerians.

The Bible speaks of a state where people might live in a sort of dusk or partial darkness; where they consider themselves to be living in the light, but the light that they have is darkness. Those people are very difficult to help see the Truth.

I think of your desire to build a nation, so to speak; in cooperation with the Muslims. I would encourage you to find a life "in" Christ Jesus. Truly lead by the Holy Spirit. I believe that it was an element of that which gave America its firm foundation. A nation built with the principles of the teachings of Jesus Christ. I can not begin to think about how it would be to do that today, without the true "Light" of Jesus within the center of my being, directing my every thought and all that I am!

I was trying to think how John Bunyan would have used the concept in Pilgrim's Progress, but I am not sure that he did.

The idea is found in the book of John. First of all, from my studies, John had a concept of believing that was not just mental, it was an active faith, faithful, maybe. In the 17th chapter is the real heartfelt prayer of a Son with His Father. The Father having sent the son on a mission and the Son, having completed the mission, wrapping up business where he was, getting ready to return home.

I would like to hear what you get out of a current reading of John 17, with that in mind. Let me know when you get a chance.

Tim

</blockquote>

Tkulp,

Ndidi has just commented on "Children and Disrespect", here: http://ecommunity.cm...and-disrespect/.

Perhaps the males don't know that they should remove their headwear in church? I say this because I used to teach Sunday School in London for several years, and not once did I tell the children/young people that the males should remove their caps/hats. To tell you the truth, I have never thought about it.

We could consider including it in Sunday school plus when discipling new converts.

You can review the new comment here:
http://ecommunity.cm...ntries/1161-555

Tkulp,

Ndidi said:
Hi Tim,

Yes, I appreciated Tozer's teaching on people in the dark not appreciating truth. And even causing problems for those who say the Truth. I have not been openly persecuted for my beliefs because 1) In the UK in general laws and regulations are based on the 10 Commandments so working with integrity etc is the norm. Had I been in Nigeria, I would have had many problems though because sincerity and honesty are not in general, valued. 2) As a police officer, plus in my other jobs, we tended not to talk about religion at work. Those coworkers closer to me knew I was a Christian because they may have asked me something like, "What did you do over the weekend?", and my response would have revealed my beliefs. Rules and policies also directed how staff related to one another, so I don't recall any issues directed at my religious beliefs. Some people didn't like me much, but I did not like them much either!

When I look back at my life, most, if not all my problems have been self-inflicted in part or in entirety. So my own issues are more about my un-Christlikeness being the cause of my problems with people. Which was I think today's Tozer Devotional topic.

Oh yes. I am happy with the private message to Mandy.

Bye for now,

Ndidi

Ndidi,

I want to thank you for all the encouragement!!! The Tozer devotional is really good today May 11.

I have sent a private message to a Newby from England and is a reader of Bunyan.

Here is the message that I sent, I think that you might encourage one another in the Lord, with common interests.

Tim

----------------------------- Private Message sent to Mandy -----------------------------
Hi Mandy,

I am TKulp... Tim Kulp. I appreciate your Spirit to be a witness. I am just getting to know another individual who was a part of the London Police, user name, Ndidi.

She also is into John Bunyan's writings.

I just want to encourage you to surrender yourself to the Holy Spirit and walk in obedience to Him every moment of every day. He will put people you your path that are in need and give you just what they need.

I am not part of the C&MA currently, but my Dad was ordained by that organization.

They, I believe will want you to go through some type of training. I do not know their current requirements.

Without any meaningful Bible education, the Holy Spirit has taught, and continues to teach me from His Word; not the doctrines of man but the Truth of His Heart.

I consider myself directed to the C&MA site to minister to many that really do not allow the Holy Spirit to be Lord of their lives and are still bound by the flesh. Sadly they believe that this is the way God planned it.

Tim

I believe that the following is Ndidi's last posting and our last communication.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:53 AM

1) I agree that we must test every spirit, and it's a pity that more of us don't because we have our Lord's clear saying about the "many" who don't make it. My regular prayer for myself is not to be so foolishly stubborn as to find myself among the many. Further, I see myself as having 11 Commandments - the 11th being, "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you...." (Matthew 24 somewhere)

2) I agree that true Christians ought to resemble Lord Jesus so that they can rightly refer to God as, "Our Father". Scary though that Lord Jesus said to the pharisees that they are like their father the devil. So it's either a person resembles God, or the devil. No other choices, no other realities.

...and my replies.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

Ndidi,

Thanks so much for your post here! Since you posted this I felt to go ahead and share my thoughts on John 17, Jesus' prayer to the Father as He was preparing to return to His home in Heaven with His Father.

I will try to compact this for readability rather than prove every point that I make.

John is known as the Love book to some, but I do not think that they realize the true depth of the love of Jesus for His Father, as well as us.

In all of John's letters, including his gospel, he is, I believe, establishing who Jesus is as the Son of God, to explain all that Jesus did and was, as the Son of God.

I have not gotten all of this into my heart or spirit yet, but here goes, with what I understand so far, from John...

John establishes Jesus as the Word, a perfect son a stamped image of His Father. Psalms 119:11 David, a man after God's heart said, "Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You." Just in the last month a Sunday School Teacher in Tenn. used that verse in sharing about John 1. What a concept and Truth beyond what David was actually saying; the Word actually living within us, not just learned or memorized.

Let's jump ahead with the concept found in John 15 and the thought on the vine. The Holy Spirit is not mentioned by name, but could the Holy Spirit be the sap that flows from the vine into the branches?

John 15:1  "I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. He takes away every branch that does not bear fruit in me. He prunes every branch that bears fruit so that it will bear more fruit. You are clean already because of the word that I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it remains in the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. "I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me — and I in him — bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing.

Then jump to Jesus' Prayer in chapter 17:17-23...

"....Set them apart in the truth; your word is truth. Just as you sent me into the world, so I sent them into the world. And I set myself apart on their behalf, so that they too may be truly set apart.

"I am not praying only on their behalf, but also on behalf of those who believe in me through their testimony,  that they will all be one, just as you, Father, are in me and I am in you. I pray that they will be in us, so that the world will believe that you sent me.

The glory you gave to me I have given to them, that they may be one just as we are one —  I in them and you in me — that they may be completely one, so that the world will know that you sent me, and you have loved them just as you have loved me....."

The same author that wrote about the oneness of the Father and the Son in John 1:1-4 is now sharing Jesus' heart that as He, Jesus, is one with the Father, so His disciples and those that have an active belief, from their testamony, should be one with Himself, Jesus!

From this, my goal is that I experience God's True work of Grace, (the divine influence; the sap of the Holy Spirit, changing my heart which is reflected in how I live) inside of me, leading and guiding me, that some day I could say as Jesus said of the Father, if you have seen me, you have seen the Father. That is the real power and miracle of Christ and His death; that I can be born again, not of flesh and blood, but of the Spirit of God. We can become new, transformed into His image. The flesh, me, dead! ONLY Jesus alive in this body.

In the Epistles, 2 John touches on what he calls the deceiver,  the anti-Christ.

2John 1:6-9  (Now this is love: that we walk according to his commandments.) This is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning; thus you should walk in it.  For many deceivers have gone out into the world, people who do not confess Jesus as Christ coming in the flesh. This person is the deceiver and the antichrist!

Watch out, so that you do not lose the things we have worked for, but receive a full reward. Everyone who goes on ahead and does not remain in the teaching of Christ does not have God. The one who remains in this teaching has both the Father and the Son.

Conclusion, what John says to me,... Jesus, who was before creation and, the Word during creation, choose to yield to the will of God, His Father, and become human. ("Jesus as Christ [the Anointed One] coming in the flesh") ...even to suffer and die. ...to be a supreme sacrifice so that any that will, can become brand new creatures, with Jesus' Spirit living inside our bodies.

Doctrine may say that Jesus is God, the Father, in the flesh, rather than Jesus, the Son, in the flesh. John says to me, that this is antichrist. Jesus is the 'Word' that was an instrument of God in creation, agreeing to come in the flesh, to become the only begotten Son of God.

This same Jesus wants to dwell within anyone that will repent, die to the self-life, surrendering all, to walk in obedience to His Holy Spirit. ...and remain faithful to that Spirit. The five foolish virgins, sadly, did not remain faithful to the Holy Spirit and did not have enough oil to take them through an extended time of darkness.

Yes Ndidi, we are really to be in the image of Christ, more so than most people understand or even want to be.

Jesus said,  ...."But I say to you, love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be like your Father in heaven, since he causes the sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.  For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Even the tax collectors do the same, don't they?"...  Matthew 5:44-46

Paul says that we should,  ..."Therefore, be imitators of God as dearly loved children and live in love, just as Christ also loved us and gave himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God." Ephesians 5:1-2

In my time with the Word this morning I was meditating on John, especially Chapters 5 and 6.

Chapter 6 contains a very unusual portion on Jesus being the bread of life and Jesus sharing the fact that food for Him was to do the will of the Father,

All of this tells me the importance of the intimate relationship and daily communication, submission, etc, with the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Christ. The criticalness of living in oneness with Jesus, Christ in me, the hope of glory.

All of this type of study generally brings back to my mind, the teachings of "man" which teach that people can not live a pure, holy, life, without sinning, after we have yielded control of our lives to Christ.

So when I read what Jesus said to the man that was healed in chapter 5 I see two things that give issue to modern doctrine.

First, the Bible would infer, on this occasion, that there were a number of people that Jesus did 'not' heal. Only the one man that had been seeking healing for 38 years.

Second, the Bible says that Jesus told the man to "sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."

Jesus must have believed that it was possible to live without sin, even before He was crucified. As in the devotional above, this does not appear to be a suggestion or encouragement to 'try'. It is a statement, "sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee."   

To my knowledge, Jesus is still the same today!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Thank you A.B. Simpson for the words of your devotional and the verse that confirms the desire of Jesus Christ for those that love Him and seek Him with all their heart and mind, everything that they are, who surrender all on God's Altar!

A.B. Simpson     Devotional - May 29 

https://www.cmallian...mpson?mmdd=0529

Monday, May 29, 2017

Just as it was Christ Himself who justified us, and Christ Himself who was made unto us sanctification, so it is only by personal union with Him that we can receive this physical life and redemption. indeed, it is not a touch of power upon our bodies which restores and then leaves them to the mere resources of natural strength and life for the future. Rather, it is the vital and actual union of our mortal bodies with the risen body of our Lord Jesus Christ, so that His own very life comes into our frames and He is Himself made unto us strength, health and full physical redemption.

He is alive forevermore and condescends to live in these houses of clay. They who thus receive Him may know Him as none ever can who exclude Him from the bodies which He made for Himself. This is one of the deep and precious mysteries of the gospel. The body is . . . for the Lord; and the Lord for the body. Know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, . . . and ye are not your own; for ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, which [is] God's (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

Scripture

The body is . . . for the Lord; and the Lord for the body —1 Corinthians 6:13

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

Thank you for sharing your concern and deep burden for Ndidi. I did not have time to read everything you posted about her, but I am praying for her. Blessings to you!