• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a Official Worker

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Maple Ridge Church

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:41 AM

Hello everyone~

I'd like to know how do you effectively communicate missions in your congregation? I suspect that if everyone involved in missions desired personal face-time with the congregation on a Sunday morning to share what God is doing in their heart and where they feel led to go, the messages given on Sunday would be quite short.

How do you effectively communicate missions without disrupting the flow of Sunday services and/or bruising the hearts of those called? 

Blessings~

#2 Fran Corby

Fran Corby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • I am a National Office Worker

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:13 AM

Hi -

I see that nobody has responded to your posting of a few weeks ago. 

It's possible that if your district has a Missions Mobilizer that person could be of help to you.  A Mobilizer might have ideas from lots of churches in your district rather than getting the input from one individual church.  If you don't know who that person is, why don't you call your district office and get contact information.

Thanks for caring and trying to keep the needs of the world before your people.

#3 Layman363

Layman363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Greenhouse Community Church

Posted 06 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

I am not quite sure if you are referring to domestic missions or foreign missions but I am in the Alliance because of foreign missions. Having been in the Alliance for a very long time, I have seen many approaches to the GCF and foreign missions. There appears to be less interest in foreign misions than in the past with more empasis on the local church. I have enjoyed the week long missions conferences that Alliance churches have done in the past but since then I have seen a couple approaches that seem to be effective. One was to arrange to have a missionary interviewed briefly, like just a friendly phone call from and to them during the morning service. Considering the technology and time of day for each end, it can be arranged. Just emphasize that the missionary is on the field and is speaking from there. Recently, at a local church a missionary was introduced in the morning service with an announcement that he would be there for a special luncheon in the social hall. It was well attended and the food was good.   

Alliace Life is very focused on foreign missions, is well written and inexpensive.

#4 Layman363

Layman363

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Greenhouse Community Church

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:11 PM

I am not quite sure if you are referring to domestic missions or foreign missions but I am in the Alliance because of foreign missions. Having been in the Alliance for a very long time, I have seen many approaches to the GCF and foreign missions. There appears to be less interest in foreign misions than in the past with more empasis on the local church. I have enjoyed the week long missions conferences that Alliance churches have done in the past but since then I have seen a couple approaches that seem to be effective. One was to arrange to have a missionary interviewed briefly, like just a friendly phone call from and to them during the morning service. Considering the technology and time of day for each end, it can be arranged. Just emphasize that the missionary is on the field and is speaking from there. Recently, at a local church a missionary was introduced in the morning service with an announcement that he would be there for a special luncheon in the social hall. It was well attended and the food was good.   

Alliace Life is very focused on foreign missions, is well written and inexpensive.