• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Interests:Missions, Africa, Cleveland and Ohio Sports
  • I am a Missionary

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Northview Alliance Church, Wooster, Ohio

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:11 AM

I made my way to Bible study last week as a rain storm threatened in the distance. All my women come to Bible study on foot or motorcycle, so I wasn't sure if it was worth me making the trip. I entered the darkened church, and sure enough the rain had kept most away. Just three women were there and as the rain began, I knew it would be impossible to be heard above the drops hitting the tin roof. So I took one woman aside to ask what prayer needs she might have. She explained that she had only been coming to church for a few months. She had tried many things to get the voices to go away in her head. "I understand what the animals say to each other. I hear many voices in my head and these voices tell me terrible things and want me to kill myself." I asked her if she had shared this with anyone in the church. She hadn't, but she said that since coming to church they were starting to go away. Rained out meant I had an opportunity to share with this woman the freedom that Christ brings from oppression and the power that a believer in Christ has. Praise the Lord that He directs our programs and that even being rained out can be part of His plan to bring a lost one to Himself.