• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:03 AM

What happens after the party is over (or should I say the meal, the activities)? Is this where the giving of thanks stops? If we limit our giving of thanks to God to once a year, is that enough? Suppose you only thanked your wife, husband, parent(s) or children once a year, would they feel that they were appreciated? Someone does a lot to help us and we wait until one day in the year and then thank them for what they did and do, would that suffice? What if God only blessed us once a year, would that be all that we hoped He would do? The sad truth is that if we didn't have Thanksgiving Day, too many people would never thank God! Having said that, how many are thankful for blessings but not for the "Blesser?" Thanks-giving is not just a responsibility, it is a way of life for those who are His born again children. Ephesians 5:20 describes the normal response of His grateful children: "Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ." This is normal for a Spirit filled Christian. Giving thanks comes from hearts that are full of psalms, hymns, spiritual songs and that sing and make melody within and that overflow to ignite gratitude in others (see Verses 17-19). Few hymns afford such a comprehensive array of reasons to be full of thanks, as does August Ludvig Storm's "Thanks to God!" He wrote: "Thanks, O God, for boundless mercy from Thy gracious throne above; thanks for every need provided from the fullness of Thy love. Thanks for daily toil and labor and for rest when shadows fall; thanks for love of friend and neighbor and Thy goodness unto all. Thanks for thorns as well as roses, thanks for weakness and for health; thanks for clouds as well as sunshine, thanks for poverty and wealth. Thanks for pain as well as pleasure -- all Thou sendest day by day; and Thy Word our deepest treasure, shedding light upon our way. Thanks, O God, for home and fireside, where we share our daily bread; thanks for hours of sweet communion, when by Thee our souls are fed. Thanks for grace in time of sorrow and for joy and peace in Thee; thanks for hope today, tomorrow, and for all eternity!" Selah! One day a year is worthwhile for concentrated thanks giving; let every day be full of gratitude and expressed to our loving Heavenly Father. Thinker (Ron)
  • reader, bob wire and robo328 like this

#2 robo328

robo328

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading
  • I am a Church Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Church of God

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:34 AM

Philippians 4:4 "Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say Rejoice"

Romans 14:5 "One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike" 

I always think of the lyric from the late Andre Crouch "If I never had a problem/ I wouldn't know that God could solve it/ I wouldn't know what Faith in God could do" ("Through it All") 

May we all keep an awareness, of His Love, His Grace, and His Blessings upon our lives, every day, beyond Thanksgiving Day.  

• Thinker and Meema like this
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength" -Isaiah 30:15