• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:47 AM

More people, more financial support, some good programs, a larger building, a different pastor, better parking, more workers, etc. These are the kinds of things that are often thought of as a local church's greatest needs. They are not! The greatest need is Jesus! Thank God for any church that really has Him in actuality! However, the real question is: Does He have us? Do we love Him, honor Him, serve Him, spend quality time with Him, worship Him, thank Him, enjoy Him, obey Him, long to know Him better? The secret of Paul's ministry is that he was completely centered in Jesus. Jesus is Who the church is all about; she is His body and His bride. He died for her and sanctifies her: "....Christ also loved the church, and gave Himself for it; that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word, that He might present it to Himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." (From Ephesians 5:25-27). If we are thoroughly honest, is He in the foreground or the background of our local churches? What would happen, if we truly centered on Him? "....If a man love Me, he will keep My Words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make our abode with him." (From John 14:23). "Only One Life," written by Avis B. Christiansen, speaks to this need: "Only one life to offer -- Jesus, my Lord and King; only one tongue to praise Thee and of Thy mercy sing; only one heart's devotion -- Savior, O may it be consecrated alone to Thy matchless glory, yielded fully to Thee." Selah! Perhaps it's time to rediscover the greatest need of the church: Him! Thinker (Ron)
  • reader and Charles Miles like this

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:43 AM

Amen Ron! Foundational to Alliance theology is Jesus Only! I would recommend you check out the C&MA DNA series and particularly the Jesus Only section that enhances what you have written. Jesus is indeed the greatest need of His church!