• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:46 PM

Thanks ADV Rider for writing this beautiful poem out for us all!

#22 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 03 December 2015 - 04:05 AM

Hey Sister Candice, I know it's been a long time since I've talked to you, forgive me, I've been on another path where the Lord has led me. I seem to be growing and changing so fast my head is spinning, but that's another topic. I really wanted to say that you have touched and added depth to my life in the past and I'm am grateful to you. I don't have anything to add except that perhaps your yearning is "a thorn in your side" like Paul had. This is what I think about myself sometimes when one of personality traits seems to hold me back. I hope you understand what I just said. God can change things in us but at the same time He knew us in our mothers womb and we are who we are until we are made whole in heaven with Him. love you, Bets

#23 JohnJ

JohnJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, model railroading, my 1969 Ford F250, model airplanes
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • MiddleCross Church

Posted 07 December 2015 - 05:31 PM

There was once a lady named Susanna. She was praying earnestly for God's direction as to what to do with her life. The Lord told her very clearly "Raise those two boys." She had two sons and she knew that then that the Lord's purpose for her life was to raise her two boys in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, which she did faithfully.

Her sons names were John and Charles.

Wesley.

God raises up some to preach to thousands. He raises up others to fill the communion cups at church. If both faithfully do their jobs, they will receive the same reward, as God does not reward based on position, but faithfulness of service.

God will use you in the way that he chooses. Just be wiling to do what he asks.

And tell Ol' Slewfoot to go to h*ll where he belongs.

"To be a successful inventor, you need three things: imagination, determination, and neighbors that mind their own business." Red Green