• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:50 AM

One of life's most interesting facts is that a person long dead still influences people now living. What kind of influence will you and I have on others? Will people say, "I don't want to be like him or her!" If not, will they say, "That's the kind of person I want to be." Which way it goes is very much up to us. We can be a Godly influence or we might only be a moral, self sacrificing example. If the former, our influence may bring eternal blessing, if the latter, it might help some for this life only. The worst case scenario is that we might be a bad example. That might help some to not do or be what we did or was. On the other hand, some might follow our example and be badly damaged as a result. This is why Paul gave us this inspired charge in Philippians 1:27, "Only let your conversation (manner of life) be as it becometh the gospel of Christ...." If our lives are a credit to the Gospel of Christ, some will be helped and perhaps some will be helped for eternity. I could cite a number of people who have had a profound influence upon me for eternal blessing. Let us all seek God's enabling to impact others for their eternal good! Avis B. Christiansen's  hymn, "Only One Life," gives us in the last stanza, a passionate prayer that we would do well to pray, "Only one life to offer take it, dear Lord, I pray; Nothing from Thee withholding, Thy will I now obey; Thou Who hast freely given Thine all in all for me, claim this life for Thine own to be used, my Savior, every moment for thee." Selah! We are given an immortality of influence on others. Which way will ours point?   Thinker   (Ron)

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

We are given an immortality of influence on others. Which way will ours point?   Thinker   (Ron)

Great words, Ron. Something to soberly consider. Thinking about being and doing...in John 14:12 Jesus himself promised we would do greater works than He. But only as we rely on Him to accomplish them through us. Talk about eternal influence! May we think on these things deeply, leaning into Jesus for the answer! 

'Verily, verily, I say to you, he who is believing in me, the works that I do -- that one also shall do, and greater than these he shall do, because I go on to my Father;' Young's Literal Translation

#3 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 15 September 2015 - 05:02 AM

Marvin, Your reply called to mind the words of Major Ian Thomas; "We cannot live the Christian life! Only Jesus can live the Christian life. We are to let Him live it in and through us."   Thinker   (Ron)

• Charles Miles likes this

#4 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:13 AM

AMEN!

• Thinker likes this

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."