• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 02 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

People who do not know Jesus often feel loneliness and insecurity. They may not have any true friends. They may have no one who loves, counsels or cares about them. They may have no place to turn for help. They often become depressed, discouraged and despondent. Some end up taking their own lives. Others give up and try to lose themselves in a life of sin. Even that leaves them void and empty. There are "....pleasures of sin for a season." (From Hebrews  11:25). However, "....sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death." (From James 1:15). A life of sin, a life without Jesus and salvation, finds its victims, eventually, lost forever in the fires of Hell. On the other hand, those who receive Jesus as Savior and Lord find purpose, meaning, hope, help, guidance, joy, peace, love, etc. and end up blessed forever, with Him in Heaven. There will be hard times and hard things. Even then, these people never walk alone! God walks them through trials and helps them every step of the way. God's Word explains how all this works. Jesus, in John 8:12, tells us, "....I am the light of the world: he that followeth Me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." Avis M. Burgeson puts it well in her hymn, "It Is Glory Just to Walk with Him," "It is glory just to walk with Him Whose blood has ransomed me; it is rapture for my soul each day. It is joy to feel Him near where'er my path may be. Bless the Lord, it's glory all the way! It is glory just to walk with Him. --- It is glory just to walk with Him. --- He will guide my steps aright, thro' the vale and o'er the height. It is glory just to walk with Him." Selah! Only the way of the Cross leads home! Thinker  (Ron)

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2015 - 07:11 AM

Hi Ron, great to have you back in the forums! You share a great truth here...and I heard a podcast just this morning that speaks to the space we live in as believers in Jesus. It's walking in the grace of God. And when someone has chosen to not walk in that grace it is our privilege to share with them that their life does not need to stay that way, but come to Jesus and allow His grace to change the atmosphere of your life...

#3 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 05 September 2015 - 11:28 AM

Marvin, it's good to be back. I appreciate your response. It brought to mind a gospel song that I learned years ago.
"Step by step, I'll follow Jesus.

Hour by hour, I'm in His care.

Day by day, He walks beside me.

Through the years, I know He's there.

He can still the mighty tempest.

He can calm the troubled sea.

He the waters trod.

He's the Son of God.

He's the One Who always walks with me!" (Source unknown).