• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

I love this. I'm sorry; some formatting is off a bit. Anyway...lLet's enjoy our Savior's sacrifice for us....Love you all...

CHRIST’S FULFILMENT OF THE PASSOVER

Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moor or a Sabbath day – things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ Col 2:16-17

SHADOW
Passover, the beginning of months (new calendar ) Exodus 12:2
God introduced the new calendar for Israel. This feast was the foundation of their experience in God.

FULFILMENT
So for the believer in Christ receiving Christ as the Lamb of God is the beginning of one’s experience in God. It is the first, and foundational experience. New birth is the beginning of the new covenant relationship. John 3:5

SHADOW
The four days of the hidden lamb. Exodus 12:3-6
God commanded Israel to take a lamb on the tenth day and set it aside until the 14th day of the first month. The lamb was taken and kept aside for death for 4 days.

FULFILMENT
In the week of the crucifixion, Jesus entered Jerusalem on the tenth day and was slain on the 14th day. (4 days) Luke 19:37

SHADOW
Firstborn Lamb. Exodus 12:5
The firstborn were to be set aside and given to God.

FULFILMENT
Jesus Christ, The Lamb of God, was God’s firstborn son. Jesus Christ was the firstborn of Mary and the firstborn of God’s creation. Matt 1:21-25,Rev 3:14, Rom 8:29

SHADOW
The lamb was to be without spot or blemish. Exodus 12:5
The Israelites were to inspect the lamb that was to die for them, and see that it came up to God’s standard; perfect, without spot or blemish.

FULFILMENT
All who inspected Jesus Christ, God’s Lamb, found Him to be perfect without faults, without spot or blemish. This peaks of the perfection of Christ and the sinlessness of the Lamb of God. Acts 8:32-33,
Matt 26:62-63

SHADOW
The lamb was to be killed between the 9th and 11th hours. Exodus 12:6

FULFILMENT
Jesus was killed between the 9th and 11th hours. Matt 27:45-50

SHADOW
The blood must be applied to the door. Exodus 12:7
The blood was the evidence that death had taken place. Then the blood had to be sprinkled on the lintel and the two side posts of the door.
1. The blood must be shed. This was evidence of death.
2. The blood must be sprinkled. This was the evidence of application.
3. The blood must be applied in a triune manner; the lintel, and the two side posts.
4. The blood was to be the token on the door of every house in order for deliverance to be effective. The absence of blood brought judgment by the death angel.

FULFILMENT
The blood of Christ brings salvation. Jesus is both the Lamb and the blood sprinkled door. In His death His is the Lamb, but in His resurrection He is the door. John 10:9

SHADOW
The body of the lamb must be eaten. Exodus 12:8-10
The Lord was particular about the body of the lamb, as well as the blood.
1. Eaten with unleavened bread
2. Eaten with bitter herbs
3. Flesh of the lamb roasted with fire

FULFILMENT
Lamb was to be eaten with unleavened bread – no sin was in Jesus. Eaten with bitter herbs – Calvary was a bitter experience. Flesh roasted with fire – Christ’s enduring God’s wrath against our sin. 2 Cor. 5:21

SHADOW
Not a bone broken. Exodus 12:46
In the eating of the Passover lamb, God commanded that no bones were to be broken.

FULFILMENT
The soldiers broke the legs of the two thieves in order to hasten their deaths. But when they were about to break the legs of Jesus they found that He was already dead. John 19:33-36

The true Passover Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, fulfilling in himself all the glorious detail of the Old Testament shadow.
Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us 1 Cor. 5:6-8

THE PASSOVER SUPPER THE LORD’S SUPPER
The Old Covenant Feast The New Covenant Feast
The Passover Lamb The lamb of God
The flesh and unleavened bread The bread which is His flesh
The bitter herbs The sufferings of Calvary
The blood of the lamb The blood of Christ
The sheaf of first fruits The resurrected Christ
Memorial Service Do it in remembrance of Me
Deliverance and redemption Deliverance and redemption from
satan and the world,
the kingdom of darkness
From Pharoah, Egypt, the house
Of bondage

Why Study This Feast?
The Passover is a spring board for teaching future generations (our kids) the story of redemption.

Exodus 12:24-27 And you shall observe this event as an ordinance for you and your children forever. When you enter the land which the Lord will give you, as He has promised, you shall observe this rite. And when your children say to you, What does this rite mean to you? You shall say, “it is a Passover sacrifice to the Lord who passed over the houses of the sons of Israel in Egypt when He smote the Egyptians, but spared our homes.”

13:8 You shall tell your sons on that day, saying “It is because of what the Lord did for me when I came out of Egypt.”

13:14 And it shall be when your son asks you in time to come saying, “What is this? Then you shall say to Him, With a powerful hand the Lord brought us out of Egypt, from the house of Slavery.”

It speaks of Christ
John 24:25-27 And He said to them, “O foolish men slow of heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken! Was it not necessary for the Christ to suffer these things and to enter into His glory?” Then beginning with Moses and with all the prophets, He explained to them the things concerning Himself in all the scripture.

It is the true Passover Lamb, the Lord Jesus Christ Himself, fulfilling in Himself all the details of the old testament shadow.

We must have an understanding of the shadow, so that we can recognize the substance (good thing) and so that we are never confused into thinking that the shadow can save us.

Col 2:17 Things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Heb. 10:1 For the Law, since it has only a shadow of the good things to come and not the very form of things, can never, by the same sacrifices which they offer continually year by year, make perfect those who draw near.
  • Kevin Blankenship and chipped china like this

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

Great words Candice, thanks for sharing!

#3 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

Yes, this is good and useful information.   It puts things in perspective. Well done!!!!  And God bless!!!