CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:23 PM

I have been off this site for over a mouth now. I don’t think anyone has really notice, but I didn’t expect anyone to. It’s just me. A nameless guy behind black typed computer words. Nothing more.

Anyways, in my time away, my life has turned upside down. My mom is terminally ill and is living beyond expectations so far. If she makes it to March 9 her birthday ) it will be surprising to everyone. I assist my mom in her daily care. No other relatives as they don’t care to. No hospice as my is terminal, but still able to function rather well all things give. Plus mom would blow a gas cap if I brought in hospice. Mom has always had this horrible doom and gloom view of society and life. Constantly negative and angry. Her current situation just gives her fuel to increase it. I get it all day, every day from her. It’s hard to be around her. My wife is also dealing with possible breast cancer. They found a good size lump and her family history has breast cancer in it. Will know more as this coming week arrives. She is scared, our daughter is scared, I am scared. I love my wife. I went to my old church today as I felt I was drawn to it. It was nice being back there. Like going home again. I was welcomed back and I may return there for good. Time will tell. I am also in a huge financial disaster that was not foreseen, but could cause me to become homeless by the end of February if some sort of something major doesn’t happen to help me out. I have tired everything and it all has failed. So far, my time away from this site comes with such unfavorable issues as an update and ya know what? I feel very much alone and helpless. End of update.

#2 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 11 January 2015 - 03:48 PM

Sorry to hear about you mom and wife Christopher.  I already pray for you and your family, but I`ll spend a bit more time with the Lord talking about you in the days to come.  Since we all live in this fallen world, things are always changing and the reasons are not visible to us, but the one steady, unchanging, eternal thing we have is God`s love for us. There are so very few things we have any control over at all in this world, even though we struggle and make what we think are intelligent choices every day, in an effort to "get a handle" on situations around us. I am not going to tell you that I don`t ever worry and get upset at situations that arise in my life, but I will say that I am much better at not letting stuff "get to me" than I was in the past. God`s peace is a wonderful thing and it is available to us all every day.  I pray that His peace settle down around you and comfort you today and in the times to come.

Your brother in Christ,

Charlie

• lande2412 likes this

#3 lande2412

lande2412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

Christopher, You are not ALONE......No matter what goes on in our lives, no matter how bad things seem, we are never without our Lord.  Please know that you and your family are in my prayers and that there are people out here that care about you.  Try to just give yourself and all of your problems over to Jesus.  Once He has total control He will fill your soul with peace.  Only BELIEVE!

• Charles Miles likes this

#4 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 January 2015 - 06:16 PM

I am praying. Gods will. You may have to call a social worker. You can have hospice if she is terminal by 6 months. Even if she is seemingly well. That's not a problem. I work in Hospice. We have a patient who goes on daily walks and is now just starting to need pain control. You may have to tell your mom that you must have help to help her. Pray if The Lord leads you to let her know you need help

May The Lord give you peace. You are given a sound mind. Not a mind of confusion.

Candice
  • Charles Miles and lande2412 like this

#5 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

((( THANK YOU ALL !!! ))) It does help and matter alot so thank everyone who replied to this and cares. Huge thank you. :)