• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:53 PM

Mary said to God, "No! I can't be pregnant. It's too soon!"

Sarah said to God, "No! I can't be pregnant. It's too late!"

At times all of us tell God we are not ready for what he has for us. But don't fear what God is birthing in your heart. Don't fear his plans for you. For the Holy Spirit will come upon you with power! (Acts 1:8).

Here is a testimony from my own life:

When I found out my mother-in-law was coming back to live in our apartment building after it didn't work out the first two times she moved here, I was definitely not ready to deal with that again. I couldn't understand why God was allowing it. But His plan was a good one. Mom became terminally ill while she was living near us, and my husband became her primary caregiver. Because he's unemployed, he could be there any time she needed something. And he didn't have to drive anywhere to care for her needs. Her attitude this time was so much better, and we had a lot of quality time with her, making precious memories we will never forget. She also rebounded after being near death and had six weeks of abundant life and health before God quickly and peacefully took her home. I was the last person to see her before she died and to take care of her. I gave her meds and made sure she was comfortable; she was happy and smiling when I left. What I thought would be a major disruption of my life turned out to be one of God's best plans ever.

#2 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:03 PM

Thank you, Julie, for sharing. Good example of being patient and trusting :wub:

• Julie Daube likes this