• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:26 AM

My step-mom (Betty) chose to have him rehabilitated and not sign him into the home permanently. She said she is not giving up on him, but this is breaking her heart. She's also very lonely without him around. He can't come home yet because it takes two people to get him in and out of bed, so she couldn't do it. Friends of hers who have been in a caregiver situation told her she's at risk for a nervous breakdown, so please pray for her. She took today off from visiting him, and I think that's good (each time he's been in the home, she's visited him every day unless she was sick). He is putting a guilt trip on her and saying she put him in the home, but she knows this is because his mind isn't right. Apparently, having a urinary tract infection can mess with your mind (this is why he was first hospitalized recently). The bottom line: he needs to want to get out of the home. There are things he should be doing to get better but he's not doing them: he won't interact with other people, he won't go outside, he won't watch TV, he won't go to arts and crafts, and he won't do the word search game. Doing these things would help him to get better, so please pray that God will make him want to do them. Betty and Dad have a friend who had congestive heart failure. He takes very good care of himself and said there's no reason my dad should be unable to walk and be confined to a wheelchair if he took care of himself and exercised. Betty said they could join an exercise club for free with their insurance, but Dad wouldn't do it. We need to pray that God will give him the will to get out of the nursing home and that Dad will choose to get well. Thanks for praying! Hearing that Betty won't give up on him has given me new hope. She is an amazing woman - please pray for protection, strength, grace and mercy for her.