• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:57 AM

Betty (my stepmom) called this morning at 7. Dad's in the hospital again (was also there last Friday, the day after my mother-in-law died); will be there only one day (supposedly). He Got very sick on Sunday with diarrhea, has big gallstone but his health isn’t good enough for any operations so they have to stabilize him first. The medicine for a urinary tract infection he had last week didn’t agree with his kidneys and his arms and hands swelled up. Also has congestive heart failure and pneumonia. His mind isn’t good, either. He keeps telling the doctors he’s not in any pain but when he’s home he keeps complaining about being in pain. He’s also been agitated (this is not a good sign at all) and is losing interest in things he used to enjoy (doesn’t watch television anymore, etc.). Betty is completely exhausted and doesn’t know how much longer she can handle this. I urged her to look into hospice care and to ask their hospital for a referral.

I am praying that God will end my dad's suffering by taking him home quickly or healing him here permanently with no more health issues - that if it is God's plan for him to have more time on this earth, it will be a quality of life and not more suffering.

#2 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:04 PM

praying for your dad, friend.

#3 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

Praying with you for God to heal your Dad........
  • Julie Daube likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#4 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 20 November 2014 - 09:09 AM