• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NM1

NM1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

Please pray for a complete restoration of my relationship with my girlfriend. Thank you and God bless.

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:16 AM

Hey brother,

It is my prayer that God will give you discernment about this relationship and make it clear whether this person is the right one for you. After being married for 23 years, I thank God every day for those broken relationships in my past; if they hadn't ended, I may have made the mistake of marrying the wrong person. From my personal experience, I am convinced that God will end a relationship if it's the wrong one, especially when we can't see that for ourselves.

Sometimes it's hard for us, from our limited, human perspective, to discern whether someone we are dating is God's perfect choice for us. For instance, there was a time when I was dating someone I wanted to marry; the feeling was mutual, and we were seriously discussing marriage. Although I kept seeing red flags about this person, I kept ignoring them. Eventually, my boyfriend broke up with me and I was heartbroken. But during the healing process, I was able to lean on Jesus like never before, and my relationship with Him deepened. I came to realize the man I was dating had become an idol because he was more important to me than my relationship with God. I repented and asked Him to give me discernment about the men I dated in the future. Specifically, I asked the Lord to help me to see potential suitors through His eyes. Within two months, I was dating my future husband. :)

There is something much more important than any relationship with a girlfriend: your relationship with Jesus. I pray that you will experience Him as your sufficiency and seek Him above all else. As you heal from this broken relationship, I pray that Jesus will give you a fresh revelation of His love. May you rest in the knowledge that He loves you more than any girlfriend ever could and He will never leave you or forsake you.

Blessings!

Julie