• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

My mother-in-law (Charlotte) was rushed to the ER with breathing problems last Saturday. Diagnosis was pneumonia, a heart attack and congestive heart failure (she also has emphysema and has been on oxygen for that for a few years now). The heart meds are putting stress on the kidneys so now they are in distress. She insisted on leaving the hospital yesterday even though she's in no condition to be on her own (she can't even walk to the bathroom by herself). Her daughter and granddaughter stayed with her last night but have to go home tomorrow because her daughter has work Monday (they live out of state but came here to help). Charlotte lives in an apartment in our building, but there is no way my husband and I can be with her 24/7 (he isn't working but even when he's home, he wouldn't be able to walk her to the bathroom any time of day or during the night). The plan right now is for Charlotte to go to New Mexico with her daughter and granddaughter when they leave. Her granddaughter, who is unemployed, will be her primary caregiver but they will get hospice care as well. Please lift this situation up to the Father and pray for His perfect wisdom. Alex and I would rather she stay here and get hospice care but her daughter and granddaughter really want her to be with them. If she leaves before next June, she will have to break her lease and she's done that before when she used to live here. So pray against any repercussions with the landlord. Also, pray for Charlotte's fluids to be in perfect balance (not too much for the heart but enough for the kidneys). And pray for peace for all of us. Thanks so much!  

#2 RuthAnn Nicholls

RuthAnn Nicholls

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Upper St Clair Alliance Church

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'm praying for all of these needs. No need's too great for Yahweh.

• Julie Daube likes this

I want to live my life so that every morning
when I wake up Satan says, "Oh, no! She's awake!

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

I pray His Hand in His perfect Peace will guide you all.

• Julie Daube likes this

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

Thanks for praying! The plan to take her back to New Mexico and have her granddaughter care for her fell apart due to a major rift between her and her mother. So mom is currently in her apartment here and my husband and I are checking on her periodically throughout the day (getting her something to eat, giving her her meds, walking her to bathroom, etc.) We can't get any kind of help until she gets a referral from a primary care doctor, and the earliest we can get her in to one is next Monday. We may have to see if she is eligible for Medicaid as well. Please keep praying! My husband has been awesome through all of this but I don't want him to push himself too much. I am limited in what I can do to help because I work full-time.

#5 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:27 AM

praying for everything to fall into place for her peace of mind, safety, and well-being ... and for yours/your husband

• Julie Daube likes this

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#6 Nabinkb

Nabinkb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

God will listen our prayer....

• Julie Daube likes this

#7 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:43 AM

O Abba Father, you KNOW and you Care.  May Your Total Care be touching each person and each detail according to your will, your mercy, your grace and your peace all for your glory and honor and praise.  Please Father and thank you, in Jesus name, amen.