• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:57 PM

Highlights from Sunday's awesome sermon on Exodus 5:1-21 (Title: "When God's Plan Doesn't Seem to be Working"):

"[In their response to Pharaoh's punishments], the Israelites were circumstance-oriented rather than faith-oriented. They were confessing defeat and bondage. They were defeating themselves with their own words!"

"Stop agreeing with the devil and start agreeing with God!"

I think on some level, just about all believers have done this at various times. My husband and I both used to confess defeat on a regular basis. It's only been recently that we've started agreeing with what God's Word says about us - and it has made a huge difference.

Instead of saying, "I'll never break that habit," "I can never change," "This will never work," "I'll never get better," or "I'll always be a worry-wart," etc., we can say:

"I am a child of the Most High God."

"I can do all things through Christ."

"I am a new creation in Christ."

"I am an overcomer in Christ."

"I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus."

"I have the mind of Christ."

"I am transformed by the renewing of my mind."

"By His stripes I am healed."

"God is working all things for my good."

"I am far from oppression, and fear does not come near me."

"I am holy and without blame before Him."

"I have received the gift of righteousness and reign as a king in life by Jesus Christ."

"I have put off the old man and have put on the new man, which is renewed in the knowledge after the image of Him Who created me."

Can I get an "Amen"? ;-)

(Sorry for the lack of Scripture references - I thought of many of them off the top of my head and didn't have the references handy.)
  • elizabethcog, chipped china and radar like this

#2 Kate Curry

Kate Curry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:The Lord God Almighty. People. Also gardening, reading and beating Level 15 of Day D Time Mayhem.
  • I am a Layperson

• Second Presbyterian

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

AMEN!

• Julie Daube and radar like this

#3 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

Thank you Julie for sharing. funny thing, I did not see your post until after I wrote ten (11) things I heard this week!

• Julie Daube likes this

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."