• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

The following is from a blog I subscribe to on Facebook called "Be in Health"™ I found that it ministered to me and thought others would be blessed and edified by it.

If faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence not yet seen…then fear is the substance of things NOT hoped for, the evidence not yet seen. When you worry, you are projecting failure, hopelessness and despair into your tomorrow. Then you live the consequences of it today!

High blood pressure is a consequence of fear. It is often the result of worrying about failures that may happen tomorrow. The Bible says we’re to be anxious for nothing, but in everything—by prayer, supplication and thanksgiving—to make our requests known to God. Phil. 4:6.

Projecting failure into the future makes you feel scattered and smothered. You’re double-minded, believing God one minute, then listening to 1,000 reasons for failure the next. Eventually, there’s a physiological manifestation in your body. The hypothalamus gland, which connects your thinking to your endocrine system and central nervous system, creates an imbalance that affects your cardiovascular system. The cell membranes of your veins become semi-rigid and narrow. There’s not enough room for the blood, and it backs up. The result is high blood pressure.

Do you how to cure or prevent high blood pressure? By taking your thoughts captive. If God said He will take care of you tomorrow, then any worries that mount are invalid. Simply take care of what you need to take care of, and leave the rest to Him. Repent if you need to for spending time with Fear and letting it dictate your thoughts. God wants to forgive you and release you from the consequences of worry. In time, your body will line up to proper thinking.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Matt. 6:34a — with Trish Lopez-Lemon.
  • ADVRider and chipped china like this

#2 ADVRider

ADVRider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors; exploring; friends.
  • I am a Layperson

• Boulder Street

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

One consequence of fear that I have seen is the impulse to "preserve." We seek to save our life and all that it entails, when God has called us in Christ to let it go, give it up. A few times, the Holy Spirit revealed to me that my discomfort about some situation was fear based, and that I was trying to control the situation and order it about so I would feel secure. That folks, is life-saving mode, or trying to arrange and even manipulate things and people so that we feel "safe." In short, it was a lack of trust in the Lord to take care of me regardless of the situation. It was also a lack of faith and acknowledgment of the Lord's care, interest and ability to give me real security. I am not being pie in the sky here when I say this. The Holy Spirit will reveal our true need, but we must be open to surrendering even our fear by acknowledging that is what it is. It is then He is invited, by that act of surrender, to come alongside to give us the confidence and assurance we really need. We will never find this peace and rest by trying to control situations outside of ourselves, because we will fail at doing that. And that fear can quickly turn into other sin and get real ugly. Have you seen it somewhere? This "letting go" is, of course, an ongoing process. Sin has marred us and fears can lurk. The antidote, trusting God, is also a process where step by step, God provides the opportunities to either look to ourselves for strength, or to Him. Looking to Him involves letting go of our "life" in every aspect. But He, in turn, provides the true "life more abundantly" that we cannot attain in our flesh.

So the Holy Spirit showed me specifically that I was trying to "preserve my life."  I knew (in my head) that my life had to be in Him, so I had to choose which source of life and security I was going to follow, myself or Him. The admonition of Jesus where he said, "he who seeks to save his life shall lose it," may have as it's primary application, one's literal physical life, but I believe it also applies to all the things a person can cling to or put their hope in. It applies to everything about us now, because life is not just the body; it's also your soul and spirit. We have to trust God in faith for everything, and He wants all of our control to be surrendered, because self-rule or staying in control is rooted in fear and insecurity. But often, it is so subtle, we do not realize we are not free in some area of struggle. I believe there are many Christians who do not know the root of their fear and instead of going to the One who can bring real peace, they choose to hold on and maintain control because they feel it is the only way to survive. Unfortunately, this is a lie that can only be broken by the revelation of the Holy Spirit in one's life. I realize it is not easy to let go sometimes. In itself, it can be a very scary thing. It is not natural and therefore also counter-intuitive. But we serve the God who calls us to let go of the natural mind, to be transformed by the taking-on of the spiritual mind. God calls us to walk into the unknown, not the certain. But we know from His word there is a certainty in Him. I have struggled with this too, but the walk of faith, not the walk of sight (human control, certainty, etc.) is what we are called to as disciples. A person can begin to grow in trust where that feeling of uncertainty is not as daunting as it once was, because your confidence in God has grown, and you are able to let go of the control more readily. In sum, if you think about it, in an uncertain fallen world, human self-control and preservation is the chief response. But it never brings peace and is the opposite of what is needed. I had a friend who thought I was crazy when I said toungue-in-cheek, "you must be outta control!" But really, I meant it. Not out of control, but not in control. There can only be one Master and who can take care of my needs better, Me? Or Him? Who knows me better, Me? or Him? Let us let Him take care of us, even when He has to show us that in the midst of our difficulties. As they say, let go, and let God. I would add, God is not surprised, offended or disappointed by our insecurites and weakness, unless we insist on holding on to them. Instead, He is well aware of those things in us and longs to heal them, by imparting His life into us. God loves it when the absolutely weakest human being acknowledges their need for His help and falls on their face before God. Then He comes in their time of need. So there is no condemnation here for those who struggle with fear. Rather though, there is the reality one can be delivered of fear by the One who has conquered it. We must simply acknowledge it and ask for help. It may be baby steps, but it only takes a step.

• Charles Miles and chipped china like this

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:41 AM

John, that was beautifully said and I believe it.  I was edified by both you and Julie. Praise Jesus for giving us the Way, the Truth and the Life.