Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:56 AM

Once again I am praying for my friend Herman.  He had a trake and is again having chemo.  He has a feeding tube as well.

Also pray for my Dad.  His health is start to fail.

Peace & Love in Christ,

Gordy

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

Jesus, thank you that you are our Healer. Thank you that you took these illnesses in your body when you died on the cross. In your name, we declare life, health, and healing over both of these men. We release your healing power into their bodies. The Spirit of Him who raised Christ from the dead dwells in them, and He who raised Christ from the dead also gives life to their mortal bodies through His Spirit, who dwells in them. Amen!

#3 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

Praying for the Lord's healing touch.

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#4 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

first, Herman is having problems with his blood levels.  He is doing well anyway.

Second dad is starting to get better.

third My friend Jon.  He is having problems with his feeding tube.

Fourth, our elder board chairman is having chemo.

Thank you all for praying

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for the update, Gordy. Glad your dad is doing better. I pray for him and Herman regularly. I will pray for Jon and your elder board chairman as well.

#6 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 November 2014 - 12:56 PM

Dad is doing good.  My sisters told me I am the one to be his caregiver.  Pray for me in that regards.

Herman, John, and Joe (lead elder) as regards to their health.

Peace & Love in Christ,

Gordy

#7 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:29 PM

Gordy, may you be strengthened in the power of God's might as you care for your dad. As you may have seen in some of my posts, I have recently been in a caregiver situation and now my stepmom is with my dad, so I know what a challenge that can be. I encourage you to get all the support and help you possibly can (community resources, your church, etc.). I think it might be a good idea to also check into respite care for yourself if you feel you need this at some point down the road. When my husband was in the hospital due to the stress of caring for his mom, the attending nurse recommended respite care. You could go online to check out available resources in your community.

#8 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

Herman has graduated to glory.  He is kicking up gold dust, while we are down here suffering.  He passed January 31, 2015.