Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Auburn Alliance Church

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

I read the following article regarding the actions of Canadian professional societies in opposition to graduates of a certain Christian college due to its covenant requirements.  I am curious as to where the Canadian CM&A stands on this issue and curious to what pressures if any they face.  Also, would it not be advantageous to come along side the university and be a part of the lawsuit?

Granted, they may already have and the author of the article was unaware.  However, those who are a part of our Canadian family, where should the church stand?  By the way, I think one response may well have to be setting up our own "societies".

Sorry, just notice the huge TYPO for the title of this topic.  It should be "exclusion" not "exclusing".  My humble apologies.

• chipped china likes this

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Interesting no one has replied to this. I wonder if it's too late or if it's prophesy marching on.

Rev 3:20
Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

I pray.
  • Shaun DuFault likes this

#3 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 28 July 2014 - 05:00 PM

If I am understanding this right, this in about the Canadian college system ( Christian and non-Christian ones. ) But I also see an underlining issue here of Christian becoming more limited in North America. Before I post a reply in depth on this, please let me know if I have understood this post correctly. Thanks.

• Shaun DuFault likes this

#4 Shaun DuFault

Shaun DuFault

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Auburn Alliance Church

Posted 04 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

If I am understanding this right, this in about the Canadian college system ( Christian and non-Christian ones. ) But I also see an underlining issue here of Christian becoming more limited in North America. Before I post a reply in depth on this, please let me know if I have understood this post correctly. Thanks.

Actually, it is more about the business societies in Candian like their lawyer socities, medical socities, etc., that will no longer accept the credentials of an individual if they graduated from a Chrisitan school that is in opposition to the likes of gay marriage.