CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:06 AM

I need a change. Dear God, I need a change in my life. My life is not working out on the level of loving relationships I need and want. I am sick and tired of the battles and wars between those in upon my life. Those who should be closest to me and love me. I am tired of the hurt and insults, battles and wars with them. It’s not working out. Never did and never will. This is not the life I ever wanted. Not the emptiness I ever wanted to feel or loneliness I ever wanted to live. I need a change. some kind of change in my life that will fill my life with hope and love and family and meaning and purpose and direction... Without hurt, anger, hate, shame, loneness, desperation, and disappointment. Dear God, I need a change in my life. I search, but can never find the avenue to bring about my change. I search and only come to be lost further in my life than I was ever found. I have failed my life and fallen from strength. Now where do I go and what do I do cause I need a change I can not seem to find anymore. ~ Christopher

#2 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

prayers for you to find your purpose, so that you can honor God to the best of your ability

• CHRISTOPHER310 likes this

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

Praying that God will undertake for you!

#4 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

Stop living for yourself and this life, live for Him and the next life.

#5 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

Thanks for the support and prayers. It does matter to me. Sadly, things are getting worst in my life and my anger is keeping up with it. Thanks again.

#6 ADVRider

ADVRider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors; exploring; friends.
  • I am a Layperson

• Boulder Street

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:46 PM

Christopher,

Do you have any Christian brother that you know and trust to share with in person? Someone who you know is mature and can counsel you? You need to ask the Father to help you find that pesron who is local, a friend, a mentor and who can stand with you. This forum can be helpful, but it is not enough. You need a flesh and blood brother to stand with you. I pray find such a person of spiritual maturity, wisdom and love to help you. But also, confess all of your feelings and thoughts to the Lord and ask Him to help you navigate the trials you are experiencing. He always has an answer for our difficulties, but sometimes it is different than what we might think. Be open to God dealing with you, not your family. He wants to help you have His perspsective for your life before He changes circumstances. Anyway, don't give up hope and look for that friend.

• chipped china and CHRISTOPHER310 like this

#7 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:10 PM

Anger is fear for not getting something you want or trying to keeping something you already have. This world doesn't owe you anything. The good things you have are a blessing from God. Rebuke Satan out loud for harassing you. He will flee. Have Faith that the Lord will take care of you needs. Decide to give it all to Jesus. You are close you just need to do it.

#8 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

@China, I never said the world owed me anything nor have I ever believed it did. My anger is not because I did get what I wanted ( like some child throwing a fit ) nor is it from trying to keep something I already have. Anger is an emotion and emotions are brought alive by many different contributing factors, not just text book listed ones. My anger is not coming from such greedy things. I am sorry if my reply to you comes across hostile, but I found your reply to my anger post insulting and judgmental towards me. Did you even think to ask me why I was angry before you came up with your judgment? I wish you the best.

@John, Thanks. You make a good point worth following up on. However, when I find a real and true person, I'll let you know. Even Christians can't be as real and true as they present themselfs as. Trust is a fragile thing I do not have much to give or left unbroken. So to know someone real and true to trus, even a fellow Christian will be a hard find. Thanks again.

#9 ADVRider

ADVRider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors; exploring; friends.
  • I am a Layperson

• Boulder Street

Posted 01 June 2014 - 04:03 PM

@China, I never said the world owed me anything nor have I ever believed it did. My anger is not because I did get what I wanted ( like some child throwing a fit ) nor is it from trying to keep something I already have. Anger is an emotion and emotions are brought alive by many different contributing factors, not just text book listed ones. My anger is not coming from such greedy things. I am sorry if my reply to you comes across hostile, but I found your reply to my anger post insulting and judgmental towards me. Did you even think to ask me why I was angry before you came up with your judgment? I wish you the best.

@John, Thanks. You make a good point worth following up on. However, when I find a real and true person, I'll let you know. Even Christians can't be as real and true as they present themselfs as. Trust is a fragile thing I do not have much to give or left unbroken. So to know someone real and true to trus, even a fellow Christian will be a hard find. Thanks again.

Christopher,

You are right. It is a hard find. You need an actual friend, not some Christian who sees you as a spiritual project. Someone that you csn just talk with and as my friend says, "grab a burger" with.