• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:41 AM

Thanks to all who prayed for my trip to Florida to see my ailing father (Henry). My stepmom didn’t tell him we were coming, so it was a wonderful surprise for him when my husband and I walked into his room. He had improved remarkably by the time we arrived. He was out of ICU and in a normal hospital room the day we got there; he also ate his first real meal since April 29 and was raving about the food in the hospital. By mid-week he was back in the nursing home and up in a wheelchair instead of confined to bed. He was coherent and amazingly lucid at times, even talking about writing a book documenting his experience growing up in Nazi Germany. He also spoke with deep gratitude about his relationship with Jesus. Also, Alex and I had the opportunity to pray with him and anoint him with oil while he was in the hospital.

Please continue to pray for Dad to have patience and a good attitude at the nursing home. Since we left, he's been giving my stepmom a hard time (not eating, not cooperating with physical therapists, complaining, etc.). It may be that he got depressed because we had to leave, but at least we had some quality time with him while we were there (we were there for a week and saw him every day). He keeps saying he hates it in the nursing home, but he hasn't been willing to do what he needs to do to get out (he needs to be able to walk in order to be released, because my stepmom can't lift him). The good news is that his physical therapists say he is stronger than he thinks he is, and that he should be able to walk if he does his therapy. This will be key to his recovery, so please pray that God will motivate him to cooperate!

Pray also for strength and grace for my stepmom, Betty. She has been amazing throughout this ordeal but is getting weary. She visits him in the home twice a day and brings him food because he won’t eat the food at the home (he has become an extremely picky eater).

Thanks so much for praying! God is good, all the time!
  • Glenn Rogero, chipped china and DonnaA like this

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 27 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

Thanks for the update, I was relieved to hear he is improving. Praise God and I will continue praying that he fights the good fight!
  • Julie Daube likes this