Photo

Please tell me.........if you are a Christian.......a true Christain.......IF JESUS CHRIST is KING.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 21 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

Is the Man/ God Jesus Christ, at present, a King?? If so, then we Christian's not only live  in  democracy.....but also, a Theocracy.  Most of the time, in my day to day affairs, the two Forms of Government are not at odds with one another.

But as I think about Jesus every day, should I envision Him as the Reigning King??? Now, I know, from being a member of the Foursquare denomination  ( and from the fourfold teaching of A.B. Simpson)  that Jesus is Healer, Baptizer in the Holy Ghost, Sanctifier, and Coming King (or, as the Foursquare folks would say: "Soon Coming King".   But please, no little sayings today. Dumb it down for me.

Is Jesus Christ the King???  (Of course, I point my question thusly: 'Is Jesus King over all that call themselves by His name?)   Thank you for any responses.

If Jesus is not the Reigning King at present, at what point will He become King. (That would seem to be the logical follow-up question)

#2 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:29 PM

Jesus is King to me always was and always will be and I am his daughter,because He says it is so ,and simple unqualified me believes :)

• noah22x likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#3 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 22 May 2014 - 12:21 AM

I believe that Jesus is King is referring to when He returns and sits on the throne of David. (He is a king and a priest in the line of Melchizedek)
I take the Bible quite literally so I believe that Jesus will return to snatch His church in the air and then at some point the tribulation will begin. After the tribulation Jesus will throw Satan into the bottomless pit. Christ will then reign with the remaining survivors for 1000 years. Then Satan will be released for a short period one last time before being thrown into the lake of fire. So Jesus will literally reign as King.

I know a lot of people don't take the millennium literally, this is something you have to decide between yourself and the Holy Spirit.
I hope this helps leads you in the right direction. :)

#4 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:25 AM

I hope so too.  I take it, C.C. that YOU believe that Jesus has not been crowned King yet.  I don't HAVE a position.  I am learning. The reason that I asked the question is because: I don't know.  So mine is a simple one.  Is Jesus King NOW.......at this point in time. Or will he be crowned King at some later point,  I am adjusting what I think of Jesus, and I am needing help to get it accurate.

#5 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:06 AM

I believe in the future Jesus will reign physically glorified as King over the earth. He will reign in Jerusalem. Every knee will bow and every tongue confess. For us believers He is already that, but it will happen before the whole world and Satan.

Here is an article that helped me.

http://www.compellin...millennium.html

Luke 1:32–33 (ESV)
32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”[/url]

Another aspect of His name of King is Zechariah's prophesy of when Jesus allowed Himself to be named King right before His death. And remember the sign that was put on His grave. King of the Jews? And as Gabriel predicted in Daniel 9 Jesus was named King on a precise fore told day.

Zechariah 9:9 9 Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass.

#6 Ysa

Ysa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

I believe Jesus is both God and man, always. In the first sense, he is King Eternal. King of kings and Lord of lords. I think, in a similar way, he is the Saviour Eternal. That can be why both as a man and as God, he was able to forgive sins (the case of the paralytic with the friends who lowered him through the roof) before he died on the cross and offered the atoning sacrifice for sin. And because he is not only God, but a man, I suspect there will be a real coronation in heaven.

#7 Meema

Meema

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• family home church

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:56 AM

Kevin, dear, you do ask some interesting questions. I am curious why it matters. Does a title determine allegiance? I sense there is yet another question looming underneath this one. LIke, for example, if He is King of kings why does it seem He is not in charge? Satan seems to be in control right now, eh?

So, here’s my take on it:

In [1 Timothy 6], Paul concludes his letter to Timothy, admonishing him to fight the good fight and keep his profession of faith “until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ,” whom he then refers to as “the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, who alone has immortality, who dwells in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion.” 

The title, Lord of lords, King of kings, is used to indicate someone who has the power to exercise absolute dominion over all His realm. In the case of the Lord Jesus, the realm is all of creation, a title He more than earned. Paul emphasizes the solitary nature of Christ’s rule, calling Him the “only” Sovereign, who is “alone” and “unapproachable.” 

Jesus, as Lord of lords and King of kings, is unique and above all other rulers. When He died on the cross He said, “It is finished.” Whether or not the reprobated world recognizes His Sovereignty is irrelevant. Both those who acknowledge Him and those who do not are still under His rule. Nothing happens without His permission. 

Not even Satan can make a move without Christ Jesus allowing it.

For Him,

Meema

• Julie Daube and chipped china like this

#8 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:38 AM

Kevin,

Christ most definitely IS King.  If he is not King, then we must look closely at his response to a question at his illegal trial.  He was asked if he was king of the jews...the response was  "my kingdom is not of this world".  Well, is he king?  If all power has been given to him by the Father and he holds the keys to hell on his belt, who else qualifies for the position? 

A year or so ago I posted on here that I was never taught about the "Kingdom of God" or the "Kingdom of Heaven" in all my years in the church, but that is probably the most talked about thing in the ministry of Jesus.  As I study and seek this "kingdom" I now understand why it is not a major teaching in our churches today....not many people seek to understand what this is about, what it is, and how learning about it changes lives. We have yet to see the kingdom in its fullness here on earth, but rest assured, it is here and will be here in force before too long. 

Is Christ King?  Without a doubt, without hesitation, with no reservations I tell you that He is!  If we believe "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord"....then is it not true that He already is?  Even satan and all his demons know Jesus  is king, they just hurry to do all they can to harm His beloved creation(man) as much as possible before the day the lease runs out on their act. 

On a personal note....for Jesus to be our savior, He must also be our Lord(king).  How odd it would be to say...yes I want your salvation but I don`t and won`t even try to follow your rules and examples on how you said we should live.  Or how about....yes, I want to follow you and do what you say, but no, I don`t want the salvation you offer.  Either of those options would be foolish, so who would choose such idiocy?  Well, some do and it is a puzzle to me.  How about we try this......Jesus, I want to repent of my wrongs, I want to thank you for all you have done for me, I am so grateful for your love, and I want you to come live with me and be the Lord of my life.  You are the Lord, the Creator, the Everlasting Lord, and I must have you as my personal Lord today, right now, this instant. Thank you for forgiving me and making me part of your family by cloaking me in your righteousness and making me worthy in your sight.    Now...I ask..Is that how one talks to someone who one day is going to be King?  I want to speak with Christ, the Christ who IS King and Lord, who will always be King and Lord.

Sorry to go on with the long post Kevin.  The short answer to the question is........yes He IS King

Christ is King and Lord, and He love me.  Praise Him, Praise Him,

Charlie

• Julie Daube, Kevin Blankenship, elizabethcog and 3 others like this

#9 noah22x

noah22x

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Sometimes an academic approach will create more confusion than it alleviates. Ask Him Kevin. Are You King?

• elizabethcog, Charles Miles and Meema like this

#10 CHRISTOPHER310

CHRISTOPHER310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 May 2014 - 07:40 PM

Jesus Christ Is King and The One and Only Savior. There is no one else.

• Julie Daube likes this

#11 robo328

robo328

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:Music, Reading
  • I am a Church Worker

• Church of God

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

"’Tis a kingdom of peace, it is reigning within,
It shall ever increase in my soul;
We possess it right here when He saves from all sin,
And ’twill last while the ages shall roll". -Barney Warren

Years ago, I heard Charles Stanley speak on "Eternal Life-Now" How, at the moment of salvation, Christ is in charge, and it's only our unwillingness to turn every area of our life over to him that hinders our race.

Isaiah ch12 refers to "that day"(v.1, v4). From my understanding, This IS 'THAT DAY'. Luke 17:20-21, Luke 16:16, and Romans 14:17 speak of Christ's reign over us.
"In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength" -Isaiah 30:15

#12 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:05 AM

I fully appreciate all anwers.  I didn't have a "next question would be......why all the suffering" waiting in the wings. In fact, that thought never occured to me.  Jesus DID tell Pilot: MY KINGDOM is NOT of THIS WORLD 9in which we exist now).  

The total reason that I asked the question was this.....and ONLY this:  Here, of late, I have had very strong  feelings that I am under a Kingship and that this should alter my perspective of Jesus.  That I should, day to day, see conduct myself and one who is a subject in a Kingdom.  In light of many of the answers, it has reinforced the idea that I am, indeed, a 'subject' in Chirst's Kingdom.

No hidden agenda's. No  "then why is it that......" questions.  Just a simple question.  And it all boils down to the fact that I feel that my persective....the way that I SEE Jesus, has been molded by various readings, sermons, etc etc.  And I never have been very clear on if Jesus is King NOW.......or if He is crowned King in some later time.  Simple question from a simple mind. That is all.  Not trying to flow chart this thing.  I just want to be accurate.

Another question, with similar motivation, is: "Should I see Jesus as my Elder Brother"?  (as Andrew Murray and a myriad of other writer's from a purer time often refer to Him)  Or as HUSBAND.   But my question about these titles is "Now.......or Later". Anyway, as I stated in my first post. I want to accurately see Jesus for Who and What He is NOW.   I apppreciate ALL of the replies. Even those that attempt to conjecture my next questions. As if I am LEADING.  No, no......NO!  Ain't got time for that.  Just trying to learn from more seasoned Christains. 

You will NEVER hear me ask...."Why is there so much suffering in the world today if God is in charge"    Or even a better variation of THATY question: "If no weapon fomed against us will prosper, what about those Christains who were martyred for their faith.....past and present.

#13 Speilb

Speilb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Interests:One of my great driving passions is that I might know Christ! I love His Holiness and desire to try it on in my life. I love His Greatness and Power and therefore I also am learning to love my weakness, smallness, and need. I love His Glory and desire that he should gift me with the experience he gave to Isaiah in the 6th chapter. I believe that God Himself is the centerpiece of a True Biblical Faith and not man. I despise the things of man and I despise my own flesh. I see that Jesus made no attempt to save the sinner's flesh, but instead gave us the opportunity to crucify it. I see worldly people as Nehemiah saw Jerusalem with its walls (created for the Honor and Glory of God but in desperate need of being re-made) and so I love God's work of restoring. I am broken over the condition of the world and desire that God uses me as Nehemiah (whose name means "The Lord Comforts") to comfort me by using me to rebuild and reestablish those in ruins.
    I love seeing God in things like genetics, nature, and in the created order of things. I love my family and have a wonderful wife and two kids.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Burning Heart Christian Fellowship

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:45 PM

Yes, Jesus is King.  Many good responses.  I particularly like Charles Miles response. 

One key thing that makes a king a king is possession of a kingdom. 

What is a kingdom?  A kingdom is the area over which the king reins. 

Jesus is King over His Church (The Invisible Church - The Bride of Christ).  He is King with The Father of Heaven. 

Jesus' Kingdom is spread out in many earthly kingdoms.  Someday soon the kingdom of this world will become the Kingdom of Our Lord.  For now we are ambassadors of His Kingdom though we live in what Galatians calls "this present evil age" (which we have been rescued out of).  He also has kingly right to this world but Satan has his little rebellion thing going on right now and it has not been time to squash it yet (when it is time it Satan will be easily defeated).  Anyway this makes for a bit of a strange situation.  Satan exerts much control but ultimately acts in accordance with God's plan.  He has nations that he offered Jesus but at the same time creation still recognizes My King (for example the wind and the waves obey Him) and all creation longs for the day when this present regime ends.  C.S. Lewis describes it quite well in "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe".  Aslan is rightfully king but the land is under the shallow claim of a wicked ruler.  Jesus is My King, He is King of all but Satan's rebellion has been allowed to continue for a short time after which Jesus will take full Lordship over this earth.  Any claim that Satan had through Adam has already been shattered on the cross. 

In the meantime we work tirelessly to see as many souls transferred out of Satan's kingdom and into to the Kingdom of Jesus Our Lord and Savior.

• chipped china likes this

#14 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:18 AM

Whew.....THANKS SpeilB!!!!!!  I can run with that!  I apprecaite it.  See? I have been, all of a sudden-like, feeling this deep-down need to recognize Jesus as my King and that I, in turn, should give proper acknowledgement to Him and my TRUE King.   That is NOT to say that I am not to pray for people in Authority........even if I cannot stomach their liberalistic ways. But I am already digressing (it's easy to do).  But how I see Jesus EVERY DAY should alter my response (as good as a human can respond, while still clothed in this temporary dwelling).

And I must also agree with you on Charles Miles' posts.  I read everything that that man post.  His answers (Charles, your answers) are very logical, and easy to understand, and without any spiritual pride what-so-ever.  And I appreciate that. I would even go as far as to say that Charles is a God-send. Anyway, our forum is taking a "direct hit" from the hater of our souls this week. (I am posting this on 5/28/14).  But shouldn't this be expected?  If we are making headway towards a Deeper Life with Jesus......if we are REALLY heading in the right direction.......is it not logical that satan, or one his henchman, try to divide and conquer.  I am NOT referring to this thread in particular. But to another that I just read.  Including all of it's responses.  I about had a anxiety attack just reading it (that other thread).  But remember.......and I address this to the core members who have been with us for a while: "Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices." 2 Corinthians 2:11

#15 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 May 2014 - 10:33 AM

I believe any thoughts that bring us closer to Christ and knowing who He is good and true. Because I went threw a divorce in 2010 I came to realize I was really the bride of Christ. So something good did come out of it because I use to put my husband where Christ should have been.