• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 08 March 2014 - 02:05 PM

I feel the need to look for a job now, although I really wanted to wait until these last two graduate in two years. I don't know if it's outside pressure/influence or the Lord's pushing me not to wait ... either way I will have to have something lined up when these two graduate as my survivor benefits will stop (I'm not old enough to continue receiving "widow" benefits without these two dependents).  I have been a stay at home mom for most of our 18 years of marriage with extra responsibilities in the area of foster-parenting and volunteer work.  I think my two teens have adjusted well to the loss of their father (last May) and will be okay with me working, but I'd prefer a job where I can be home when they are home.  My resume is ready to hand out and I have an application in for our local school district.  Would you please pray with me for God's clear direction on what I should do ...

Thanks!

:)

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:51 AM

Just finished lifting you up to The Lord in prayer

Huggs
  • DonnaA likes this

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

Praying!
  • DonnaA likes this

#4 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 02 April 2014 - 06:35 PM

Nothing yet, but I continue to volunteer my time at the local elementary school and try to stay busy.

This will be a very difficult month for me, emotionally, because April was when my husband's cancer took a turn for the worse, and entered stage three, after a long battle with many different treatments that started off well, but eventually stopped working ... he ended April partially paralyzed from the cancer's damage to his spinal cord ... surgery was unable to remove it all and eventually the various tumors overcame his body ........ this evening I was re-reading the postings on FB from last April, and in doing so, I was reminded of all the love and prayers that surrounded us during this time ..... it hasn't been easy, moving on without him, but those prayers continue to make a difference .... thank you for adding yours to others on our behalf.

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

#5 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

A year isn't very long to recover from such a sadness. I hope you will be easy on yourself and know God will make a place for you. In fact I'm sure He has an exciting new chapter of your life all planned out. In my prayers, bets
  • DonnaA likes this

#6 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 May 2014 - 09:25 AM

Had my first birthday without my soul mate ... it was a bittersweet day.

Family and friends stepped in and loved on my all day long, and well into the next day ....

The anniversary of his passing is the 27th ... it was Memorial Day last year ....

Still don't have a job, but I did foster a young lady in need of emergency placement until her grandparents could get custody.

I don't know what the Lord has in store for me and my two still at home ... trying to keep my/our eyes fixed on HIM.

Thank you for your prayers.