Photo

I just recieved a new book: GOD CALLING (edited by A.J. Russell) comments?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:50 PM

An elder gentleman who talks and walk Jesus 100% of the time gave me the book and said that this helped him. I scanned it while in front of him. I asked:  Does your wife read it?" "No" "Does your son (a fledgling pastor) read it?" No

Then why should I read it??? Who wrote it?  Why is it relevant.

I'm a big boy.  Jesus loves me. If two little old ladies from the 1930's  in Britain wrote down there thoughts about what God was telling them.....I'll read it abit of it....and move on....PROBABLY.

I am a natural skeptic. That is why I am on this forum. I wanted someone to cry to (so to speak) about the state that organized church has gotten itself into in America. We are a bunch of fat cats with more money than we know what to do with.  The minimum wage workers in America are living at a much higher standard than the people in Nuevo Laredo Mexico. I know. I went there on a missions trip and saw them. I was SHOCKED beyond belief at what I saw. (what time I was sober).

We have alot more to worry about then two little ladies who are likely dead now.  The church in America is in dire straits. Does it not bother anyone else that we are not even mentioned in prophecy. Yeah, I know.....the Eagle......in one of the major Prophets. But who says that the Eagle is us?   We are in a mess!!!!! I use to belong to a full gospel church (I am still full gospel in my beliefs) and every Sunday......two or three little ladies and a man or two would say: "God told me this...." "God told me that...." I was a very young and impressionable Christian then. I started begging God to speak to me like that.  (Just so that I could say, in a service....that God spoke to me...) I was carnal through and through.   I want to thank everyone for the warnings. I want to thank everyone for the admonishments. And I want to thank everyone for their encouragements. I was simply wondering if anyone was using it as a devotional. Or had actually read it......alot of it..... I should have worded my thread differently. But alas.....my question was still answered. Now, I will proceed, in light of all the replies.  Truth be told, I read some this morning.....and I don't see myself becoming engrossed. (thanks to ADHD).   I was always skeptical of the "God told me" folks. A healthy skeptism.

Paul said: "Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified."    Now, I am not real clear on whether the office of an apostle still stands. I would like to think that it does as it is one of the five fold ministries.  Here is why I think that it is still relevant:

"11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:"       It would seem that we are just as needy today as they were back then. Even though the New Testament canon hadn't been put together or whatever.  But I see some whackos on EARLY MORNING  T.V. that calls himself an apostle in one breath and then jerks and twitches and then declares that God just gave him a message that whoever is listening send, to the address that is superimposed on the screen, "X" number of dollars.  And we're worried about two little old women from England who didn't even want their names mentioned.  I know. I know. I started all of this. And I have thanked each one of you for your share. I love each one of you because you have proven to me (not that you had to) that you care about me enough to steer me right.  But please......whether it's this book.......or Joseph Prince (quit reading him) or whoever.......are they building up the body of Christ???? or are the gates of hell assaulting the body of Christ. And you are one. And I am one. And Christ prayed that you and I be one.    We will disagree. We will agree. But love will ALWAYS...........ALWAYS......remain standing when everything else is turned yellow and rotted, be they tracts from Watchtower......or stuff from other .......places....or whatever. And the Word of the Lord will stand forever. We CAN be sure of this. Now, we should all pray today that God will make us one.  And PLEASE.....let us NOT pray for a REVIVAL. Who wants the mess that I have seen to be revived.  Let us pray for a RENEWAL!!!!!!  A HOLY SPIRIT RENEWAL. We are in for some hard times.  And my thread has ended up using time and effort that could have been spent praying one for another.   Just know this......I love each one of you. Don't ask me how. I just know that I do. Or, as my Baptist brethren like to say: "I know that I know that I know.  (I like to pick on the Baptist......but I am a member of one and I have many precious Baptist brothers and sisters who have more of the Holy Ghost inside of them than 'Miss Slain in the Spirit everytime she is touched'.   It's all in good innocent fun.  I have a topic coming up that I REALLY need help on. Gonna post it in a few moments after I check on my venison soup. I put three pounds of deer meat in it. And used spring vegetables (broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, etc etc) and two cans of chopped tomato. And an onion. A clove of garlic is floating around in there. I need to check on it. Then I'll be back.  We can talk BIBLE!!!!!!   A Book that we are ALL in one accord on in the knowledge of it's Inspiration. How's that grab ya??? Good..Love you dear people.

#22 ADVRider

ADVRider

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors; exploring; friends.
  • I am a Layperson

• Boulder Street

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:15 PM

That stew sounds good Kevin!

• Kevin Blankenship likes this

#23 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:40 PM

Keep on preaching brother Kevin! The Holy Spirit is working through you today. Love you too and I pray for one mind in Christ for all of us.

#24 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

PEACE  PEACE!  o-o-o-o---->---  (supposed to be an olive branch.

#25 Meema

Meema

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• family home church

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:43 PM

:wub:

#26 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:51 PM

Yeah, me too. I re-read what I wrote and realized that I started thoughts and didn't finish them.  And it sort of looks like a jumbled mess.  I had a clear reason (at the time) for bringing up the office of an Apostle......but it is gone from my head now.  I tell ya. This mind of mine. I don't know how I have made it this far. lol

I'll try to speak less and make more sense next time.

(And thanks for the compliment on my soup John. It was good. I had two full BIG bowls of it. Plenty for tomorrow and next day. And thanks for your kind words Chipped China.......I cannot recall a time when you ever said a negative thing about a soul. You are as sweet and precious as anyone I know.  And peace prevails Candace.  I was at total peace when I wrote that long post that had two or three lines of thought going on at one time. My two index fingersd just cannot keep up and if I don't type it fast enough......then I forget my point. lol   And Meema.......I'm not sure what that emoticon is but is that hearts floating over that little fellows head??? I'm sure it is. Thanks.  My feelings exactly. Love always.)    Well, I'm signing off tonite. I'm starting to go to bed at a decent hour. I use to be in bed at ten oclock (central time). But lately, it has been 12 and 1 am.  I'm getting back to the basics. Benjamin Franklin said: Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, and wealthy, and wise. I had one feller tell me that this old saying was in scripture!!!! "In the Proverbs"......said he.  lol    My mother thought that "Cleanliness is next to godliness" was a verse of scripture. Of course.......I didn't reat until I broke out the Strong's concordance and proved her wrong.  Her words? "But still!!!!!!! Go bathe!!!!!"  Okay momma!!!!!!     Nite folks!

#27 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:08 AM

Aaw.. those were kind words you spoke of me, thank you. I learned some of that loving attitude from Jesus showing in you! You're the sweet man who exposes his soul and helps us feel little better about ourselves. That's been my testimony. I'm the warning not to do the things I did so people don't have to go through it too. Stop surrender now!!!!!  Turn around Jesus is over there through the narrow gate!!

It's 5 am and I'm still up, got a cold and my nose is running and itchy, used a whole toilet paper roll today. I haven't had a bath for 3 days... tomorrow I'll get it together with the Lord's help. I just watched Captain Phillips and it got me kind of hyped up. It's a sad movie. especially the fact the Somalians  ar

. starving because factory ships take all their fish from them. Ok, it's off to bed after I check my pregnant mares and she if anyone is foaling. I got a new baby yesterday., very cute.

#28 christyne

christyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 January 2024 - 03:27 AM

I haven't read this book yet. But thanks for sharing the reviews. After completing dnp capstone projects I will try to take time to read it. And then I will be able to share a comment.

#29 leonardbrit

leonardbrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2024 - 01:57 PM

Delighted to express my satisfaction with dnpcapstoneproject.com! As a DNP student, the assistance provided by dnp capstone project writers was invaluable. Their expertise and support guided me through every stage of my project: https://www.dnpcapst...stone-projects/ with ease. Trust me, with dnp capstone project writers, success is not just achievable, but assured!