Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:29 PM

Just a quick request.  The migraines are back.  Pray that the GREAT PHYSICIAN will heal them.

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 24 February 2014 - 01:08 PM

Migraines, be gone in Jesus' name!

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

Praying that these go away and do not return in Jesus's name.

Love,

Candice

#4 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

Gordy,

Praying and hope that if our loving God so chooses to give you a miracle, pray that you have a miracle, and if our loving God doesn't just work an instantaneous miracle that He provide you with knowledge, relief, and His healing virtue for anything pertaining to the root cause regarding migraines .... and/or anything pertaining to healing..... May He pour His healing virtue upon you moment by moment.

....sometimes it is  just too difficult to not say things that come to mind that may help along with prayer. 

Hope it is not inappropriate in sharing that God has given relief to some people from migraines by applying lavender essential oil diluted in what is called a carrier oil (a base oil adding drops of lavender to it).  5 drops of Lavender essential oil diluted in a teaspoon of olive oil, almond oil, or a combination oil may be of some benefit.  There are 6 teaspoons in an ounce and 30 drops of lavender essential oil to one ounce makes a 2.5% strength essential oil therapeutic oil.  The breathing exercises can be specific and some people have a preferred breathing exercise. The breath God gives us is also a healing tool.

Applying a therapeutic oil and breathing exercises assists in relieving some stressors ... Lavender is gentle and helps relax tissues and been used for centuries. In the 1600's it was used for mania or melancholy by some physicians.... Massage and aroma therapy have been old and new healing modalities and some that Moms have used for years without being a professional.   Touch an smell can be healing factors... Reckon I retired and now n then still do some therapeutic thing with people or animals by God's Grace and Tender Mercies.  Sometimes it is prudent to just be retired and retire.... and then sometimes a small bit of information shared may be of use. A more masculine smelling oil could  be formulated if desired.  Bay rum is used in aftershave applications. 

Well, this is not on an alternative therapeutic forum so I best stop adding things and will just HUSH....ask for your patience for I seem to be continue writing........

You ask for prayer so I continue to pray for you and your's.  How is your Uncle doing?

Well, God KNOWS what will be of benefit and what is needed....

Sorry if what I used to work with is not appropriate to post and pray for God to work in and through us to help one another and sharing or doing what we can, and do as He wills.  When a person has migraines the old retired tech just  can't always say a prayer without mentioning something that may be of interest or possibly of some wee benefit.  I can pray now and trust that our Great Physician will provide you with His perfect solution for His glory and your best.  Please Lord Jesus for you are our Healer and thank you for all your Virtue. 

Please forgive me if I've shared anything inappropriate. I hope I'm in His service and serve his purpose as we all do when we pray and/or help as we can.  Take anything I've shared as a desire to be like Mary, Jesus said, she did what she could  ... she was able to anoint Jesus..... O to imagine being able to anoint Jesus' feet.....What an honor that would be........ maybe sharing about making a therapeutic oil may be giving something is a very small way.  Lavender is considered safe for babies and elderly people.  Sometimes just putting Lavender oil on self or a loved one .... Well only GOD KNOWS...  some older folks could possibly be blessed with a foot massage.... and the applier be blessed to give a loving touch and pray while doing a foot massage (Reflexology has it's place....)

If I may be allowed to share a wee bit of information perhaps it may be of  some use or of a small benefit .... making oils and applying them have been a work that has been a gift from God and have brought joy for relief and to think I had a very small part to play .... well, GOD KNOWS....

I could pray and remain silent and wonder if I obeyed or share and risk sounding presumptuous and thought to just be a bore.... I do try to obey and leave all the results to God.... and leave all the results to Him about risking saying something that could be misconstrued .....

If this is information is of any use to anyone I praise God..... But I do have Gordy and His Uncle specifically in mind.....

May we be anointed and anoint as the Lord directs and allows ....

God bless you Gordy and meet all your need from His riches in glory through Christ Jesus His Son.  To God be the glory.

Edited by Ginger, 25 February 2014 - 10:22 AM.

• Julie Daube likes this

#5 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:53 AM

I will be praying.

I also heard about this promising therapy that uses a magnetic pulse, so no drugs involved. Here is the link in case you are interested.

http://www.medicalne...cles/270233.php

#6 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Update on migraine.  Day 5.  And yes I am taking my medicine.

#7 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

migraines are gone!

• DonnaA likes this

#8 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 19 March 2014 - 01:10 PM

migraines are gone!

Great news - praise God