Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:52 PM

About two days ago, Tozer addresses the issue that there are sometimes, what SEEMS to be contradictions in God's Word. Tozer then gives an example.  And that is all.   I  realize that those devotionals are just excerpts from Tozer's writings and they cannot put the entire chapter of the book that is being quoted into one day's devotional writing. Having said that,  here is what confuses me:  Jesus says: "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."    Matthew record this as part of the Sermon on the mount.

Then, in Matthew 15:19, Jesus is describing the heart of man and says:"For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man."

Will I have an impure heart until an especially powerful work of God's Grace gives me a pure heart? Or will I have to deal with this putrid thing until it finally seizes and stops????

Because I am in deep trouble if only the pure in heart make it to heaven.  Or maybe Jesus means that only people with pure hearts will see God.  And Christians with impure hearts will go to heaven....but to NOT get to see God. "as one escaping through the flames".  Or something or other. 

Thanks for any feedback on this bump in the road of my thinking.

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

You already have pure heart because you are a believer. And you know that our sin nature won't be gone until we are finally with Him in Heaven. The last part you wrote, I don't know where you got that. Did you know when Christ died all the believers who had already died went to be in Heaven with Him? They were in "Abrahams Bosom" or Paradise waiting for Jesus to die and pay for their sins. The unbelievers were in Hades, and they could see each other. They were in the center of the earth with the non believers and they could see but not reach each other. The unbelievers were in agony, remember the story about the rich man and Lazarus? The rich man wanted him to put a drop of water on his finger and put it on his tongue, but Lazarus couldn't. Luke 16  Does that rings a bell for escaping through the flames. That's all I can think of.

I wish you would stop adding things to what the finished work of Jesus did for you. If we go to Heaven, we will see God!!!

I think these are two different teaching. The pure in heart are those who have given their hearts to God and He does the cleansing through Jesus who died for us. Our hearts are cleansed through His "refining fires" Mal. 3:2. We are the branches and He is the Vine, so we are also pruned and feed by Christ, He'll uproot the others. He gives us salvation and produces fruit in us. We make the decision HE produces the strength and fruit. In Matthew 15:19 Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees. The disciples hadn't washed their hands before they ate and Jesus said it's not what goes into your body it's what comes out of your heart that defiles you. The Pharisees were teaching man made ideas as commands from God.

Jesus said the blind were leading the blind and to just ignore them or both would go off into the ditch.

Have you ever heard of Gotquestions.org ? I use it a lot when I have questions. I also type my questions into google search and with discernment from God get lots of answers in a split second. I'm continually amazed at the fullness of the Word of God. He's like a big present and we get to keep unwrapping His gifts.

• Kevin Blankenship and Candice like this

#3 waltydog

waltydog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• St. Lukes On the Hill - Episcopalian

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:42 AM

Kevin,

What does it mean to have a pure heart? I believe it means that when the believer dies and leaves this earth, all of the sin nature inherent in that believer will be totally done away with and it is at that time the glorified believer will see God purely as God is (which is impossible from the standpoint of a believer still living on earth).....and/or that the true believer will "understand" (see) God's motives as being so much different than the world's understanding of righteousness. John makes the point in 1John that all believers still living on earth are still dealing with a sin nature that they were born with, but a sin nature that is fading due to the believer dying to self and living in Christ.  

I believe in Matt 15, Jesus' point is referring to the self righteous who think that by adhering to the Law (wash before eating, walk The 'Sabbath Mile', etc), that they will be seen righteous by God while these same self righteous persons don't try and change their inner thoughts, i.e their heart.

Godspeed,

walter

• Kevin Blankenship likes this

#4 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

I appreciate the replies. I really do.  Sometimes its quite difficult to "feel the tone" in which tha reply is written.......Chipped China. But by your past post, I won't jump to conclusions and feel that you were being abrupt. As in QUOTE "you already have pure heart since you are a believer." 

I'll tell my heart those words the next time it strikes out on its own and I find myself fantasising about some horrid thing. Perhaps the positive affirmation will be useful in restraining sensual desires.

As for the GOT QUESTIONS.ORG.......I think I'll keep asking them here. I have a tough skin....well.....not quite yet but it's getting there.  I don't believe that my questions are to difficult for the members here to tackle. Besides, I have somewhat of a history here. I don't know those folks who run the GOT QUESTIONS.ORG site from Shinola.

But all is well. I am going to have a great day.  If anyone gets the chance, and the question is not too boring, I WOULD appreciate some more feedback.  The other day, I recall calling this my Cyber-church (not to be replaced with regular church attendance of course). so I feel that it is most appropriate to field ny questions here amongst friends. I thought that it was a pretty good question. I'm not going through a phase of looking for contradictions in God's Word. But as Tozer said, at first glance, there may seem to be some contradictons. Tozer even provided an example:  Jesus told people to not let your acts of righteousness be seen by men.   And then later on in the same Book, Jesus said not show our acts of righteousness to men that man might glorify God.  Tozer worded it much better.   I have been thinking about the state of my heart lately. And whether it is half-committed or fully committed to Christ. Hence.....the question.  Thanks Kevin

#5 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:44 PM

Kevin,
I love Tozer's writings. However, over time, I've also listened to audio sermons he gave way back in the early 60s. He was an imperfect man! I don't hear joy in his voice. Not that that's any way saying anything really. But, not one sermon rings of any joy. Maybe he was different off-pulpit. Just stick with the word if these things start causing doubt. I'm no one to really talk, but I see this in myself - that others can say things or I can read things that I take in as if they're any authority. Only the word is authority - not even Tozer is that.

Love,
Candice
  • Kevin Blankenship and chipped china like this

#6 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

I like your inquiring mind and all the topics that come up as if for no other reason than to know someone is reading the words and pondering them and repling if so moved to,God is big enough for all our questions and I too will admit there are at times some seemingly contradictory passages but then I am reminded that our little mind is not our Lord's mind(thank God right) and he understands I believe that we will not be able to make sense of everything of God as He knows the wHOLE story and that's much more than we are required to know,I myself can befuddle and confuse the simplest things let alone the more difficult things,but that is okedoke.love you all in Christ :) 

• Kevin Blankenship, chipped china and Kenny like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#7 DonnaA

DonnaA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Interests:Bible study with commentaries by Tozer, Francis Chan, Ravi Zacharias, Peterson, Idleman, C.S. Lewis, Yancey and others who challenge me in my walk with God ....
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

My small group is studying The Sermon on the Mount ... we have slowly waded our way through the first six verses of Matthew chapter 5, so we've not discussed "pure in heart" ... so, I dashed over to David Gusik's commentary (found at blueletterbible.org) and brushed up on it. :)

First he says, "In the ancient Greek, the phrase pure of heart has the idea of straightness, honesty, and clarity. There can be two ideas connected to this. One is of inner moral purity as opposed to the image of purity or ceremonial purity. The other idea is of a single, undivided heart - those who are utterly sincere and not divided in their devotion and commitment to God."

I like that "not divided in their devotion and commitment to God" part.  Something that is pure does not have pollutants ... water for example ... you can clearly see the bottom of a stream that is pure and free of pollutants.  Purity of heart removes the blindness of sin so that we can SEE God more clearly.  That's what I think he's trying to say .... I'll get back to you on what the group says when we get to that part .... which might be awhile, as we tend to really chew on a verse before moving on to the next one .... I'm guessing this study will take us til the end of the year.  :)

• Kevin Blankenship, chipped china and Kenny like this

Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us. 

We are pressured in every way but not crushed; we are perplexed but not in despair; 

we are persecuted but not abandoned; we are struck down but not destroyed.

~2 Corinthians 4:7-9~

#8 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Dear Kevin,

I know it's hard to hear the tone of voice in writings. And because you don't know me that well, my words can be confusing sometimes. I was feeling abrupt but oh with such a tenderness of heart for you. I wish you would be sure that my affection for you is pure only wanting what God wants for you. I can be bold and give it to ya the way I see it. I own it and if I made you feel less in any way I ask your forgiveness. Honestly, I wanted you to get it straight into your heart that in God's eyes you are white as snow.

The scripture says blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God. Heaven is the only place we will see God.

As for impure thoughts, we all have them. That's why we must continually ask for forgiveness not because we aren't forgiven but because sin interferes with our relationship and hearing God's voice. Kevin, I have done some pretty impure things since becoming a believer. They make me wince with pain at the sadness I caused God, but they reinforced how I want to live now. I won't make those same mistakes again because they taught me how badly it hurts not to live by God's commandments. And if I trust Him with my whole life He will fill all my needs. I don't know what He has in store for you or when but perhaps you should marry instead of burning. Just another one of those thoughts that may not be appropriate but it is biblical.

Lastly I want to say that I hope we can all speak our minds and hearts here. As the Body we need to work through relationships and grow to know each other in the deeper way. I want us each to be ourselves while edifying, uplifting and rebuking each other. I've got a tough skin too so please keep letting me know if I offend so I can ask forgiveness, but know I only want God's blessing and Light for all of you.

#9 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Interests:Studying the Word as the Spirit directs.
    Sharing what I learn about the Truth of the Word of God.
    Aquaponics / rooting plant starts / Living on God's provisions
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:19 AM

Kevin,

I do not know if you will ever read this, since your post is currently two years old. I want to contend for the Spirit of Truth! Thank you for your questions and challenge to respond!

I am replying not just for you, but more for the people that are using internet search engines, around the world, and are looking at this post and reading the comments that members of the CMA forum have written, true or false.

I found this post because someone was reading it through Google and I, out of curiosity, followed their lead.

My heart breaks for honest, hungry people that are looking for Truth, but in all the wrong places, and finding error. May the Holy Spirit lead them to Jesus Christ, the Son of God, through His Word!

Much of the Bible deals with false teachers and error. There are preachers who spend most of their sermons dealing with what they believe are false translations of the Bible, instead of sharing the Truth, Jesus Christ. There are men that dedicate their lives to finding the earliest and most accurate copies of the Scriptures, but sadly can miss a relationship with the Living Word and the Heart of God.

Most of the Epistles were written, contending for Truth. Yes, they were having problems with false teachers 2000 years ago. The Bible says that in the last days, deception would be so great that even those close to God could be deceived, except for the Holy Spirit keeping them in the Truth. All should realize the critical fact that without the Holy Spirit we are lost, in a very dark world of deceptions. The greatest of deception being any concept, which is made up mostly of truth, with just a tiny bit of deception or error.

Yes, the whole idea of Truth, can be mind boggling. Truth is revealed in the revelation of Light, where all is transparent and nothing can be hidden in the shadows of darkness and confusion.

Anyhow, Kevin, if you ever read this, I am taking you up on your request for more feedback. Two years ago you said, “I am going to have a great day.  If anyone gets the chance, and the question is not too boring, I WOULD appreciate some more feedback.” Well, here is your feedback!! Maybe, more than you expected!

There were times in my life that the Bible was boring, movies were entertaining, video games my challenge, books my enjoyment. Now, the Holy Spirit is my teacher and the Bible is my real delight! It is really better than exploring the challenges of the best video game. So, come on Kevin with your questions, you will never find me bored with discussing the Truth of the Word. ‘Smile’ Some of what I write may be from experience, but most is from my understanding of the Scriptures that are true and Living for me!!

The Bible, in all translations, contains Truth! Just sit down with a Bible, some dictionaries and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you. You must have an honest, hungry heart, looking for Truth, to find it. You can not be searching for excuses, doctrines or easy ways to get to heaven, etc., because if you are you will find that too!

As the Scriptures comes alive to you, obey and do what it says, the law is written on your heart, within you. The still small voice of the Holy Spirit, is correct, and agrees with the Spirit of the Word you are reading. I am still learning to know His voice after years. Do not quit, if it gets dark! If you should fall, get back up again and again until you do not fall any more. Keep growing, maturing, learning, trusting, focusing your eyes always on Jesus.

1 John 2:26-28 I am writing to warn you about those people who are misleading you. But Christ has blessed you with the Holy Spirit. Now the Spirit stays in you, and you don’t need any teachers. The Spirit is truthful and teaches you everything. So stay one in your heart with Christ, just as the Spirit has taught you to do.  Children, stay one in your hearts with Christ. Then when he returns, we will have confidence and won’t have to hide in shame.

Does God want us to be pure in heart? (Strong’s Greek Dictionary says pure means, clean; it also says that heart means, ... the thoughts or feelings (mind)...)

Does God want us to have a clean mind, thoughts, and meditations? Yes!!

Can we have a clean mind today and keep it clean? Yes!! Yes!!! Yes!!! The Word of God tells us how!!

My belief, by experience, and the Word, is that Satan has access to all of our minds. His thoughts come at us like fiery darts. So, if I have a dirty or sinful thought is my  mind unclean? No it is not. Only when you entertain and meditate on those thoughts does your mind become unclean. We are to put on the helmet of deliverance. We are to put a hedge around our mind. We must resist those thoughts and throw the water of the Word of God on them to put out the fire and cleanse the mind by meditating on His way of doing things right. Is this to become a new set of laws? A one second thought is OK, 5 seconds is sin! That would be legalism and playing with Truth. When the Holy Spirit says to stop thinking about what you are allowing in your mind, immediate obedience is deliverance. Hesitation is to invite punishment, eventually bondage!       

God gives us Grace. Real Grace is very important in order to have and maintain a clean mind.

Strong’s Greek Dictionary brings light to the true meaning of Grace. It says....” graciousness (as gratifying)... ...especially the divine influence upon the heart, and its reflection in the life; including gratitude”

Are you experiencing Living Grace? If so you will know it by its fruit, including gratitude! Not just saying thank you with your teeth clinched together, but the deep down appreciation for life with its blessings and challenges, a real attitude of gratitude, that knows, without a doubt that God is your Father!

Paul says that I am to work out my deliverance(salvation) with fear and trembling. Our minds can be influenced by many things, but each individual chooses what they believe to be right and what they believe to be wrong.

When I have repented and surrendered my life to the Holy Spirit He promised to lead and guide me.  That means that He will speak to my Spirit and become the Divine influence in my life. That does not mean that Satan does not have access to my mind to tempt my senses any more. Jesus went through this reality immediately after He was baptized. The Holy Spirit led Him into the wilderness to be tempted by Satan for 40 days. Satan at the end of that time, miss used Scripture to tempt Jesus to yield to His senses and emotions to choose what Satan laid out as an easier way to fame and fortune.

Before, repentance and deliverance, I was bound by the nature of my senses, which are easily influenced by Satan and the World, His Kingdom. Jesus tells me to take up my cross (that is a place of death to my senses) and follow Him. I am to come out from being friends with the world. That would be to walk the path that He walked. Jesus offers to help carry our  load and walk with us. As a matter of fact He says that our bodies are to be the dwelling place or temple of God.

[Some might say that Jesus was the friend of sinners, so we should be friends of the world to ‘save’ them. I believe that you will find that the sinners that Jesus was a friend with were Jewish people that were lost from knowing the heart of God. They did not know the Truth because of the evil Shepherds that taught them error. The world of Jesus’ day would have been the Roman entertainments at the amphitheaters, the sports arena in Jerusalem, the Olympics, etc. Jesus lived through four Olympiads, but made no mention, that I recall, of Gentile or heathen activates. Paul was the only one that even mentioned as illustrations, those activities. Jesus sought the lost ‘church’, so to speak, of His day!]

Jesus’ death on the cross, His Holy Sacrifice, made it possible for me to have a new nature (to be born a second time, my spirit changed, that part of me that is eternal) as I crucify the old sin bound nature, putting it to death.

Now we come back to this possible struggle between Satan influencing my senses, through the World, to self centered pleasures, resulting in bondage and the Holy Spirit influencing my spirit, through the Word, to selfless obedience, resulting in Godly righteousness.

Paul says that whichever influence we yield ourselves to continually, that is who’s servant we are, the one who owns and possess our life during the time of our submission.

Can we activate or reject the Free Grace that God offers us? Yes, we must accept and submit to that Grace! We must place ourselves under the influences of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God by filling our eyes and mind with and in the Scriptures and obeying the Holy Spirit as He prompts us to selfless living.

Can we hinder God’s Free Gift of Grace? Yes, by feeding our eyes with the elements of this World that brings pleasure to our senses and controls us, encouraging selfish living.

[Some may wonder what is false Grace? In my understanding it may take any number of different faces. It could look like the unmerited favor of God which results in or experiences, no lasting Godly fruit in the life. No deliverance from the habits and bondage to the things and attitudes of this world. It might look like the love of God and Christ which sent Him to the cross, so that whenever God looks toward a sinner He does not see their sinful heart and life, He sees only Jesus and His righteousness. Again and always the false graces leave a person undelivered, with little or no change in the fruit of the mind and thus the actions, goals and attitudes of their life. True Grace experiences the divine influence and see the reflection, as a mirror, of Jesus in the way they live. Until the individual reaches the maturity of the fullness of the character of Christ.]

Jesus said, in Mat 6:22  “The eye is the lamp of the body. If then your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light.
Mat 6:23  But if your eye is diseased, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!

So Kevin, if your whole body is full of light, how can any darkness survive? Light removes darkness, unless the light is weak and dim, ...or, what is thought to be light is not light but in fact darkness.

The answer to your question, “Will I have an impure heart until an especially powerful work of God’s Grace gives me a pure heart? Or will I have to deal with this putrid thing until it finally seizes and stops????”

God has offered the Free Gift of His Divine Influence. But, in order to experience it you must choose to get under and stay under His Divine influence. If you do, it will change your life (Real Grace).  Do you really want His Grace?  Then the influences you are surrounded by are critical, what you meditate on, what you allow to or not to, linger in your mind. Psalm 1.

Come out from among the world and the things of this world. Conform not to this world, die to the fleshly senses.  Choose to run, with a passion, after God’s Word, to understand and intimately hear His voice. Walk in obedience to the Spirit of the Word of God, with your whole heart.  The Word promises that you will be a new man as you follow the path of Christ!!

What an individual daily feeds their eyes, ears and allow their minds to meditate upon will bring deliverance or bondage.

The overflow of the mind is what is heard coming out of the mouth. Evaluate your speech. Do you hear blessings or cursing? ....selfishness or kindness? Reformat the hard drive of your soul. Cleanse your mind by the washing of the Word. Put spiritual anti-virus software on the hard drive and do not let anyone infect your mind with garbage or Trojans. Do not hook up to the internet of life. Keep all the inputs to your mind carefully guarded. David said that he hid God’s Word in his heart(mind, will, etc.) so that he would not sin against God! Psalms 119:11

Mat 15:8  ‘This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me,
Mat 15:9  and they worship me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ “
Mat 15:10  Then he called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand.
Mat 15:11  What defiles a person is not what goes into the mouth; it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles a person.”

Mat 7:13  “Enter through the narrow gate, because the gate is wide and the way is spacious that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
Mat 7:14  But the gate is narrow and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Mat 7:15  “Watch out for false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are voracious wolves. [voracious - excessively greedy and grasping]
Mat 7:16  You will recognize them by their fruit. Grapes are not gathered from thorns or figs from thistles, are they?
Mat 7:17  In the same way, every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
Mat 7:18  A good tree is not able to bear bad fruit, nor a bad tree to bear good fruit.
Mat 7:19  Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
Mat 7:20  So then, you will recognize them by their fruit.
Mat 7:21  “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven — only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.
Mat 7:22  On that day, many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, didn’t we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful deeds?’
Mat 7:23  Then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!’
Mat 7:24  “Everyone who hears these words of mine and does them is like a wise man who built his house on rock.

If you love Me, Keep My Commandments. Why do you call me Master, Controller, and do not do what I say? The Law and the Prophets are completed when you love the Lord God with all you heart, all your mind, all your soul, all your strength, and those around you as you love your self.

Reader... Choose you this day, whom you will serve! Today is the first day of the rest of you life!

• Kevin Blankenship and Jesus_Lolly like this

#10 Mrnkkhojo

Mrnkkhojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

Great response Tkulp. You clearly love God's word and have allowed it to transform you from the inside out. You have encouraged me. Thank you!!
  • Kevin Blankenship likes this

#11 Mrnkkhojo

Mrnkkhojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:07 PM

Great response Tkulp. You clearly love God's word and have allowed it to transform you from the inside out. You have encouraged me. Thank you!!

#12 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:31 AM

Thank you Tkulp!!!! I read every word of your reply and am truly grateful for the time and effort
that you dedicated to helping me. Even two years later, the question is still a valid one in my life but I'm starting to understand things more and more and it is largely because God puts people like
you into my life to tell me what I need to hear instead of what I want to hear. And I appreciate
that immensely. Have a great Thanksgiving. Kevin

#13 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    Learning about wild edibles, Herbs and God's natural provisions for life, both physical and spiritual.
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 19 November 2016 - 01:08 AM

Thanks Kevin and Mrnkkhojo, it is encouraging to know someone is reading, especially that you Kevin, are still hanging in there!! As Americans I believe that we have some major stumbling blocks in being able to NOT be conformed to this world. At least it has been for me. My real hang up was movies, not bad ones but what are considered family movies, the old ones. It took me at least 6 months to a year to be free from the addiction. I still have to watch the temptation to get involved in the news.

Some people would think that what God is teaching me is sticking your head in the ground. What ever!! I learn enough of current events just listening to people's 'worries' to know that I enjoy and prefer the peace that comes from obedience to Php_4:8  "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

I do not know were you are in your walk with the Lord Kevin, but I know the first months of mental withdraw from the media were really hard. The hardest was to get rid of the large video library I had been building for my family, to remove the temptation. God gave me the answer when I asked and it worked.

I am still learning to run to Him when I have an issue large or small. He hears and answers! Many times Satan will feed the mind that He doesn't answer, but He does! His ways are not our ways, but if you learn to journal, write things down, such as needs, scripture that has come alive to you, etc. Then go back and read it months or years latter, you will see the definite hand of God on your life and all the answers to prayer.

The verse that says "Delight your self in the Lord and He will give you the desires of the Lord." is true and it is what radically is changing my life!! I once spent 3-4 hrs an evening with the entertainment world and got angry if someone interrupted my viewing. Now I spend that time and more with the Lord, and the tools that He has shown me how to use, in order to understand His word and then to obey, and live it. It is changing my life!!

I have become like those that eat and sleep sports. Only thing is that all I want to talk about is my Father and all that He has provided for us to be free from the bondage to the world and all its attractions.

Pray that you both may daily find joy in your walk with the Holy Spirit no matter what your circumstances!

#14 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:37 AM

Kevin my old friend, how are you? I have been away for quite some time and just checked into the forum to see who is still around. I thank God that you are still here and asking questions that come from your heart.

A pure heart! How could anyone get one of those? Even if we had one, we would sin again and make it impure again, right? BUT, there must be a way to get this pure heart and keep it because Jesus said we would have to have it to see God. Since man is a sinner and can`t do any better through his own efforts, a pure heart would have to be a gift from God......through His grace.

Jeremiah 31:31-34 gives us God`s new Covenant and in it He says He will write on our hearts His law.  Another place Ezekiel 36, God says He will give us a new heart....one of flesh and not of stone.  This promise is repeated in Hebrews.

So here we stand with a new heart of flesh that God gave us and His laws written on this heart with His own hand. He then says that He is our God and we are His people!  Wow!  And the best part....."I will remember their sins no more"!!!!!!!  So God gives us a new heart and Kevin my brother...God only gives gifts that are the best, so this is the best, most pure heart anywhere in the universe....and He says He won`t ever take it back!

May God bless you Kevin,

Charlie

#15 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:32 PM

Wow!!! Hello Charlie!!

I was doing my normal reading of devotionals and spot reading on the C&MA site last night and saw the name Charlie in the list. Could this be the same Charlie that had a problem with my vaccination illustration in my posting of “How do you fix a corrupted hard drive?”?

It really is you!! I recently wrote you two different, long reply posts on the subject of vaccinations and the Bible. I just did not feel free, in my spirit, to post them. So I asked some questions I hoped that you would answer. I thought, from what you said, that we had not had previous association. I did not remember seeing your name and I did want to get to know you better and understand a bit about ‘your’ ‘faith’ and ideas, about ‘who’ God is, His Nature.

Well here we are back on Kevin Blankenship’s post.  I find out that we are not really new acquaintances! I was really surprised to find here a fairly compact statement of your ‘faith’ as shared to Kevin, in order to encourage him. In a way you answered,here, my questions, before I knew that I was going to ask them!! Amazing!!

At the time that you wrote this I did not think that I should reply to what you had to say to Kevin. I had already shared what I felt to, with Kevin, and he had received it.

Since we are here, I will take a side trail and make a comment on encouragement. I see at least two distinct types of encouragement in the ‘church’ world today. One looks for good things that may or may not be true about a situation or person, and attempts to ‘speak’ ‘positive words’ into the situation or the life. The other is the type of encouragement that is demonstrated in the movie “Facing the Giants” when the coach blindfolds a key player that lacked confidence and talks him into putting his best into the task at hand. The player finds that he is capable of far better accomplishments than his mind believed possible.

Spiritually it might come across like this; tell a person that they are going to heaven even though their life has darkness and sin in it. Encourage them by saying such things as don’t worry, “Nobody is Perfect”, “I mess-up all the time too!” The other type of encouragement would be to share as Nick Vujicic did, “If you quit trying you will never succeed.” Don’t quit in discouragement you might succeed with just one more try! ...also other encouragement could be... “Practice makes Perfect!”; “Jesus lived it, so can we, if we follow His example and, “Do not quit.”; “Philippians 4:13  I am able to do all things through the one who strengthens me.” ...or share a devotional such as FB Meyer’s for today...  < http://www.youdevoti...walk/february/9> The first type of encouragement, I see as darkness, the second as light.

As I am in the middle of this writing I discovered that you have bountifully replied to my question, “Do you believe that the nature of God has changed in the last 6000 years?” with a full explanation of God.

I need to shorten your answer to what I understand to be a simple, “no, God has not changed”. I want to relate some to Scripture about King Saul.

1 Samuel 10:6  Then the Spirit of the Lord will come upon you mightily, and you will show yourself to be a prophet with them; and you will be turned into another man.
1 Samuel 10:7  When these signs meet you, do whatever you find to be done, for God is with you.

1 Samuel 10:9  And when [Saul] had turned his back to leave Samuel, God gave him another heart, and all these signs came to pass that day.
1 Samuel 10:10  When they came to the hill [Gibeah], behold, a band of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came mightily upon him, and he spoke under divine inspiration among them.

1Samuel 11:6  The Spirit of God came mightily upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was greatly kindled.

1Samuel 16:14  But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented and troubled him.

Charlie, I do have a problem with Scripture being taken out of its intended setting and applied to any individual or setting the writer may choose without any supporting evidence that there is any fruit or conditions being met.

I would like to focus on just one part of your message to Kevin that just does not fit with my reading and understanding of the above verses from 1 Samuel; you say that “So God gives us a new heart and Kevin my brother...God only gives gifts that are the best, so this is the best, most pure heart anywhere in the universe....and He says He won`t ever take it back

If your statement is true then the nature of God has changed from His dealings with King Saul, because “the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord tormented and troubled him.”

Yes, that is the OT, but in the NT... Do you believe that Judas was one of the 72 that were sent out with the Holy Spirit? Did he not partake of everything the other 11 apostles did? Does the writer of Acts not say that Judas chose to leave what he had been given? ... and go to perdition?? ... and then there are the 5 foolish virgins that just did not have enough of the Holy Spirit to take them through the dark time while the Bridegroom tarried. Evidently the Holy Spirit must be maintained??? They were pure, but didn’t the bride say that He did not know them when they arrived after the Bridegroom had come and the door was shut??

I would encourage you to read and reread the portions of the Bible that I have referred to, asking for the Light and teaching of the Holy Spirit. What you believe is your choice. This is not about you and me and what we believe or do not believe, it is about the Truth and Light of the Word of God, which dispels ALL darkness. It is about Life and Death! It is about the blood sacrifice of Jesus and true deliverance from the power of sin and death, now and forever. It is about the fact that we must each work out our deliverance with fear and trembling.

John 8:31-32  So Jesus said to those Jews who had believed in Him, If you abide [continue - to stay] in My word [hold fast to My teachings and live in accordance with them], you are truly My disciples [pupils, learners]. And you will know [intimately] the Truth, and the Truth will set you free. [free from the bondage to, and the power of, self and sin]

Tim

PS  
1 Samuel 15:11  I regret making Saul king, for he has turned back from following Me and has not performed My commands.

1 Samuel 15: 35  And Samuel came no more to see Saul until the day of his death, though Samuel grieved over Saul. And the Lord repented that He had made Saul king over Israel.

#16 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
    Fruits of the spirit
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:50 AM

I wrote a post discussing Saul, but as I clicked on POS, it vanished! It is out there in cyberspace, so if anyone sees it please send it home.

Now, just a quick observation, then on to the OR. In that last post you spoke of 2 kinds of encouragement and I certainly would not want to leave without comment. You seem to say that we have to stop sinning to enter heaven, is that correct? And secondly you say "Jesus did it, so can we". I can say, for sure, that sin will not enter heaven but it will be because those who enter have the cloak of God`s own righteousness wrapped around them.....given by grace to those who have accepted Jesus as their savior.

I have never known or heard of anyone working hard enough to "live it just like Jesus". We may try very, very hard to get it right, but we fail...I know I fail. But I have an advocate, a man, standing at the right hand of God. He is my brother! He gave me his righteousness because mine alone is not adequate and I know it, so does he. So even as we try to live our lives without sin, we don`t, can`t, but we try don`t we. Don`t get me wrong here.....sinning is not "alright" in a Christian`s life, but we do live in a fallen world and just by walking through it we get dirt on our feet. Jesus has shown how he will wash it away.
"None are righteous, no not one". Because I have a loving relationship with Christ, He gives me his own righteousness so I might enter heaven as his brother, not the Charlie who does not deserve to be there on his own merit. Even trying with a blindfold just won`t get you there!

Your brother in Chris,

Charlie

#17 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:45 AM

Thanks again Charlie,

You are able to do something that just does not work for me! I can not write SHORT posts!

Your concern with disease and its spreading, is quite all right! Now I understand completely your attention to vaccinations. LOL No problem!! I had a sister-in-law that was an RN. She struggled with all the medical knowledge that she had, and relating it, in her life, to Biblical Faith.

My faith is based on my parents, especially my mother. She taught me to pray immediately, and do, obey, what God put on your heart. Wherever we lived she would try to find a Christian Doctor that knew he could not heal, but used his wisdom and skills to aid the God created natural healing, without a lot of drugs.

I have taken that foundation of who Jesus is(as AB Simpson taught, He is all that we need), according to the entire Word of God. I do not want opinion to be the base of my life. I want to know, intimately the Truth of the Scriptures, and my Healer and Deliverer.

I had to look up opinion before I would feel at easy replying to you about it. I found it to be a bit different than what I had thought. It is really amazing how word meanings change; people try to excuse themselves with word meanings and totally avoid truth.

It is worthless to go to the word of God with opinions as your foundation, I believe you can support most any belief you want, with a particular translation and pulling verses out of context.

Word Web number one definition of opinion is, “A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty.”  Wow, that is what I am trying to deal with in the lives of people that call themselves ‘Christians’; without the life looking anything like Jesus’ life.

Their ‘Christianity is not based on the Truth of the Bible. They do not have the fruit of a life led by the Holy Spirit. The fruit, speech and actions, is not a lot different than any other person in the world. They only have a surface knowledge of the Bible.

Thank you for sharing Malachi 3:6a. God’s Word is not opinion and Chapter 3 deals with the criticalness of living a pure life.

Malachi 3:2-6 But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner’s fire, and like fullers’ soap: And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness. Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years. And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the Lord of hosts. For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Thanks for your continued sharing!!

Tim

PS Two devotionals were really encouraging today in dieing to self and selfishness, then presenting yourself, pure and holy, as a sacrifice.

https://www.cmallian...ns/tozer?id=725

Our Daily Walk

February 17

Serving The Lord

Therefore I exhort you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a sacrifice – alive, holy, and pleasing to God – which is your reasonable service. — Rom 12:1 NET

The first thing for all of us to do is to present ourselves to God as alive from the dead, and our bodies as living sacrifices. The path of blessedness can be entered by no other gate. It is only as we refuse to be conformed to this world, and yield ourselves to be transformed by the free entrance of the Holy Spirit into our minds, that we can learn all that God will do for us. We are nothing; He is all. And He is prepared to be and do all things in us, if only we will be open to Him as the land lies open to the summer sun.

Those who really live the yielded life, do not need to ascertain God’s Will by signs. They recognize it by the whisper of His voice and the touch of His hand. It is as we refuse to be molded by the world, and give ourselves up to the transfiguring Spirit of God, that we prove what is His good, acceptable, and perfect will. But more than that, we begin to live for others, and draw by faith from the fullness of God, that we may minister to them aright.

First, we understand what the Will of God is; then we present our bodies that it may fulfill itself through us; then we discover that it means goodwill to men, and we become the happy channels of heavenly ministry to those around us in one of the spheres enumerated in Rom 12:6-8 of this chapter. It is impossible to cherish jealousy, because the Head may use this member or that; it is equally impossible to be proud, because we have nothing that we have not received. Let us always remember that each has a special ministry to fulfill, and that we shall find in our daily lot the opportunity of fulfilling it. How many resemble the landowner of the Eastern story, who sold his property in order to go in search of diamonds, and lo! the man who purchased his property found it full of diamonds. Indeed it was the famous Golconda region. In the daily drudgery of life you will find your heavenly opportunity. How many who are pining for a great mission, will never be permitted to enter it, because they despise the low and narrow door of humble service to those in their immediate neighborhood.

But we can never realize these divine ideals of service merely by an external obedience. We must be constrained by a holy love to our Lord and to one another. What a despair these ideals would be apart from the Holy Spirit. That holy love comes from Him.

Prayer

O God work in me, not only to will but to do of Thy good pleasure; and may I work out in daily life what Thou dost work in. Amen.

Jeremiah 17:5-14  Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.  For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.  As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.

A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary.  O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.

Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.

#18 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
    Fruits of the spirit
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

I need to correct a statement in my last post. It didn`t seem important for a while, but now I know the error is significant.  Jesus is not standing at the right hand of God!  Jesus is SITTING on his Father`s throne at the Father`s right hand.  The significance of this fact has been driven home by recent Bible study.  The Levitical priests stood all the time for 2 reasons: 1. They were continually offering sacrifices for the people, and they did this ALL DAY.  2. There were NO CHAIRS in the temple.

The significance of Jesus`s posture then jumps out at us.  He is finished with his earthly sacrifice! It was done once, for all, and is over, so he sits!  He still has work that he is doing for us by advocating for us continually with the Father, and he has been doing this for the past 200 years or so.  We need a large amount of help that only he can give us. He is SEATED on the throne of God at the right hand of the Father? Who but God could sit on God`s throne when God is there also? Wonder how many seats are on the throne of God? Jesus sits on the throne of God with God being there because Jesus and the Father are ONE.

Hebrews is an awesome book to study and the Holy Spirit will open a mind to truths that the student wasn`t even looking to find. I`m sure most of you already knew all this, but I had never delved into it this deeply. Wow!  None of this changed my belief, my justification, or my amazement about what Jesus did for me, but I now have a deeper understanding about heavenly events and why. Just thought I would correct an error of mine and then do what this forum was designed for....tell you about what God is doing to make my life with him deeper and richer.

Your brother in Christ,

Charlie

#19 Tkulp

Tkulp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
    Raising cattle
  • I am a Layperson

• Coop Prairie

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:06 PM

Charlie,

I want to respectfully remind you about another one of your posts, in which you spoke about “opinion”; NW “Opinion is when the assent of the understanding is so far gained by evidence of probability, that it rather inclines to one persuasion than to another, yet not without a mixture of uncertainty or doubting

The “mixture of uncertainty or doubting” can be removed or lessened, by removing one’s self, as the authority, and relying in/on quotes, and understanding of the words and concepts of a higher authority.

It is rather difficult to remove all opinions, therefore, I do not have a problem with anyone expressing opinions that are supported, in the correct context, as the ideas or concepts are applied in the original material.

It would help me to better understand your heart, Charlie, if I was able to read the exact Scripture references where you are finding the ideas, beliefs, and the faith, that you are posting about.

Thank you very much for your help, in advance!!

The “Deeper Life” is not found in human opinions! The deeper life is found in the Truth of the ‘Living’ Words of God; the ‘Spirit’ of the Word. I apologize for any of my posts that would appear or come across as ‘me’ or my opinions being an authority! My desire is to only share what ‘I trust’ is the Holy Spirit’s Light for our lives; to remove all darkness. Please, always, “try the Spirits”, as you are instructed to by John, in 1 John 4:1!

Charlie, I wish that I could sit down with you and the Bible, a computer with a concordance, a Strong’s Greek and Hebrew Dictionary, a Noah Webster Dictionary and most important, in the presence of the Holy Spirit, to shed Light on any Darkness in what we believe!

The following are verses and concepts that I do not hear talked about very much; which apply to the things that you seem to be talking about in your posts. These concepts require a clear understanding of a few key words. The Holy Spirit is needed to make all the words and concepts form a ‘life giving’ Truth. 

Father - He who begets a child.

Son -  A male child; the male issue of a parent, father or mother.

One - Single in number.

This word and concept can only be spiritually defined, by the context of its use, in the Bible, and the understanding of the Holy Spirit.

Some Biblical concepts/uses of the word ‘one’:

a man and a prostitute can become ‘one’ flesh; a husband and wife can become ‘one’; the body of ‘true’ believers is to be ‘one’, just like the Father and the Son are ‘one’; ‘true’ believers are to be ‘one’ with the Father and ‘one’ with the Son, just like the Father and the Son are ‘one’. The later concept is found in Jesus’ prayer to the Father, as found in John chapter 17.

If - It is used as the sign of a condition, or it introduces a conditional sentence.

In - In denotes present or inclosed, surrounded by limits; as in a house; in a fort; in a city.

abide - to be; to dwell, rest, continue, stand firm, or be stationary for anytime indefinitely

Fruit - 1. In a general sense, whatever the earth produces for the nourishment of animals, or for clothing or profit.   2. In a more limited sense, the produce of a tree or other plant; the last production for the propagation or multiplication of its kind; the seed of plants, or the part that contains the seeds;

I challenge all readers, not just Charlie, to read the following verses in the presence of the Holy Spirit. Look up the key words in a dictionary; go back to the KJ Strong’s Dictionary to see what the translated word REALLY means, in the original language. The Holy Spirit will lead you into all Truth!

If this is already confusing to anyone, please read 1 Corinthians 2:9 - 3:4, humbly repent, radically change your spiritual diet and walk in obedience to Scripture as revealed by the Holy Spirit! Try the spirits, reject all spirits that are less than pure and holy; know the spirits by the fruit that they produce!

Mat 7:20  So then, you will recognize them by their fruit. “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of heaven — only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

Joh_14:15 “If” ye love me, keep my commandments.

Joh_15:10  “If” ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.

1Jn_2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, “if” we keep his commandments.

Mat 12:33-37  “Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is known by its fruit. Offspring of vipers! How are you able to say anything good, since you are evil? For the mouth speaks from what fills the heart. (G2588 - the heart, that is, (figuratively) the thoughts or feelings (mind)) The good person brings good things out of his good treasury, and the evil person brings evil things out of his evil treasury. I tell you that on the day of judgment, people will give an account for every worthless word they speak.

“For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned

Rom_2:13  (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

2Co_5:10  For we must all appear and be revealed as we are before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive [his pay] according to what he has done in the body, whether good or evil [considering what his purpose and motive have been, and what he has achieved, been busy with, and given himself and his attention to accomplishing].

2Th_2:3-4  ...the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly and insolently against and over all that is called God or that is worshiped, [even to his actually] taking his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God. [Eze. 28:2; Dan. 11:36-37]

1Ti_5:24  The sins of some men are conspicuous (openly evident to all eyes), going before them to the judgment [seat] and proclaiming their sentence in advance; but the sins of others appear later [following the offender to the bar of judgment and coming into view there].

Joh 17:14 - 23 (Jesus Praying) “I have given and delivered to them Your word (message) and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world [do not belong to the world], just as I am not of the world.   I do not ask that You will take them out of the world, but that You will keep and protect them from the evil one.  They are not of the world (worldly, belonging to the world), [just] as I am not of the world.

“Sanctify them [purify, consecrate, separate them for Yourself, make them holy] by the Truth; Your Word is Truth.  Just as You sent Me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.

Joh 17:19  And so for their sake and on their behalf I sanctify (dedicate, consecrate) Myself, that they also may be sanctified (dedicated, consecrated, made holy) in the Truth.

Neither for these alone do I pray [it is not for their sake only that I make this request], but also for all those who will ever come to believe in (trust in, cling to, rely on) Me through their word and teaching, That they all may be one, [just] as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, ...

...that they also may be “one” “in” “Us,”...

...so that the world may believe and be convinced that You have sent Me. I have given to them the glory and honor which You have given Me, ...

...that they may be one [even] as We are “one”:   I “in” them and You in Me, ...

...in order that they may become one and perfectly united, that the world may know and [definitely] recognize that You sent Me and that You have loved them [even] as You have loved Me.”

1Co 6:19  You surely know that your body is a temple where the Holy Spirit lives. The Spirit is in you and is a gift from God. You are no longer your own.

Gal 5:24 - 25  Now those who belong to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. If we live by the Spirit, let us also behave in accordance with the Spirit.

Heb 5:8 - 14  Although He was a Son, He learned [active, special] obedience through what He suffered And, [His completed experience] making Him perfectly [equipped], He became the Author and Source of eternal salvation to all those who give heed and obey Him, [Isa. 45:17] Being designated and recognized and saluted by God as High Priest after the order (with the rank) of Melchizedek. [Psa. 110:4]

Concerning this we have much to say which is hard to explain, since you have become dull in your [spiritual] hearing and sluggish [even slothful in achieving spiritual insight]. For even though by this time you ought to be teaching others, you actually need someone to teach you over again the very first principles of God’s Word. You have come to need milk, not solid food.

For everyone who continues to feed on milk is obviously inexperienced and unskilled in the doctrine of righteousness (of conformity to the divine will in purpose, thought, and action), for he is a mere infant [not able to talk yet]!

But solid food is for full-grown men, for those whose senses and mental faculties are trained by practice to discriminate and distinguish between what is morally good and noble and what is evil and contrary either to divine or human law.

Pro 2:1 -13  “My child, if you receive my words, and store up my commands within you, by making your ear attentive to wisdom, and by turning your heart to understanding, indeed, if you call out for discernment — raise your voice for understanding — if you seek it like silver, and search for it like hidden treasure, then you will understand how to fear the LORD, and you will discover knowledge about God

“For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth comes knowledge and understanding. He stores up effective counsel for the upright, and is like a shield for those who live with integrity, to guard the paths of the righteous and to protect the way of his pious ones.”

“Then you will understand righteousness and justice and equity — every good way. For wisdom will enter your heart, and moral knowledge will be attractive to you. Discretion will protect you, understanding will guard you, to deliver you from the way of the wicked, from those speaking perversity, who leave the upright paths to walk on the dark ways....”

2 Peter 1:3-9  “I can pray this because his divine power has bestowed on us everything necessary for life and godliness through the rich knowledge of the one who called us by his own glory and excellence. Through these things he has bestowed on us his precious and most magnificent promises, so that by means of what was promised you may become partakers of the divine nature, after escaping the worldly corruption that is produced by evil desire. {Evil Desire - G1939 - a longing (especially for what is forbidden) ~ From G1937 - to set the heart upon, that is, long for (rightfully or otherwise)}

For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith excellence, to excellence, knowledge; to knowledge, self-control; to self-control, perseverance; to perseverance, godliness; to godliness, brotherly affection; to brotherly affection, unselfish love.

For “if” these things are really yours and are continually increasing, they will keep you from becoming ineffective and unproductive in your pursuit of knowing our Lord Jesus Christ more intimately. But concerning the one who lacks such things — he is blind. That is to say, he is nearsighted, since he has forgotten about the cleansing of his past sins.”

#20 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
    Fruits of the spirit
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 February 2017 - 11:28 AM

Tim, Not sure if what you posted was a question or a statement, but here is where I stand on the issues....In matters of the Gospel, I do not waiver or doubt God`s word. God has been the same since he was, and he always was. I`m not sure what you were attempting to ask or state in you post, so let me ask a few things.
Jesus paid all our sin debts with his sacrifice on the cross. "paid in full", done, over, finished, and never to be done again. I`ll assume you have no problem with this.
After death Jesus went into hell, preached to the people there, made a spectacle of satan, took the keys of hell, then left the place.
After ascending to heaven with his blood for the mercy seat and sprinkling it there, he sat down at the right hand of God. I`ll bet you and I both agree so far.
Jesus has been and is, praying for us as our advocate. We have a MAN sitting on the throne I heaven acting as our advocate with the Father.
Without the advocacy of Jesus, we could not be justified. Without justification we can`t enter n heaven.
We are justified at the time of our salvation, but since we keep getting things wrong, we need an advocate, who is a man, in heaven, to continually pray to the Father about us.

Well, if you need scripture to back all this up, then start in the book of Job, then Isaiah, move to Romans, then a full study of the book of Hebrews would about cover it.

I have peace about the subject and I know that He is able to keep all His promises. Always has and always will. Where is my heart in all this? My heart is at rest and in peace. My yours be also. This post is certainly not meant to be sharp or a snappy answer. I just can`t tell by your post if it was a reply to my post or a question asking why I believe as I do. My answer is given in love, but may be a confusing answer to questions not asked.

Yours in Christ,

Charlie