• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:32 AM

Please pray for my neighbor, Sherri, who I have been witnessing to for a while. She just began a bible study group with me last week and, in doing so, has lots of questions, confusion over former Roman Catholicism and hurts, hangups, etc as well as basics on Christ

I will shAre fully as I have a few times stated Christ's sufficiency. Doing this Wednesday. She was planning on being baptized soon but want to make sure she is truly saved as best as anyone can be sure of another's salvation. Pray the enemy is bound and The Lord leads and speaks through His holy Spirit all truth in love. She seems eager to believe and receive. An exciting time!!! Want this to be the real deal. Not another make-believer and for her to know her assurance afterward.
  • chipped china and Kenny like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:12 PM

Praying in agreement with you, Candice! May God bless you for your faithfulness and obedience. :)

#3 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:34 PM

Praying for evidence of a genuine conversion experience

#4 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:18 AM

Praying for you and your neighbor... asking for the Holy Spirit to do as only He can do to empower you and to save your neighbor to the uttermost... may she be so filled with the Lord that she is His light wherever she goes...... may we all be so.... in Jesus name for His glory.

#5 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

Please keep praying!  My neighbor and I met for three hours following bible study.  I am thankful that the study has a strong gospel message; as it should.

My neighbor had lots of questions and the Lord gave me a peace to answer all and to ask her some.  It is so easy now to see how we must become like children to enter the Kingdom of Heaven...to be so simple.  At 52 years old, she's had so many mixed messages, but the Holy Spirit can get through any strongholds.  She was so open, yet could just not grasp the simple surrender and belief alone.  Yet, her questions deserved answering and those questions were many, including "how do you know that Mormons aren't right and you're believing a lie?" 

She had shared with me that she inquired at her church about being baptised and that our neighbor who is a strong believer agreed he would do it.  Concern. Concern arose here for me.  At the end of our meeting, she said she just had to be sure before making a commitment.  I called that neighbor on the other side of her acreage (she's surrounded by  believers on both sides!) and strongly implored him NOT to baptize her until she confessed and was certain of her faith in Christ alone.  He said he would not and that he would make sure she was trusting in Christ alone by faith alone.  He would refuse if he knew this was not true.

So, I will allow the Spirit of God to work on her heart. Please pray she ponders in simplicity. She admitted that she was being too cerebral about it all.  She readily and openly confessed she was a sinner. That's a start that I've not experienced much with anyone in this way.

Thank you for your prayers...Please pray some more!

Love, Candice

• chipped china likes this

#6 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 22 February 2014 - 10:57 AM

Just to update...
praise only to God that my neighbor, Sherri, is being transformed through Christ!! I think when someone is older at receiving salvation, God might work more quickly to advance the new believer. I disciple Sherri each Wednesday morning after a Tuesday bible study we both attend. She is eager to know and shares some true repentance in past sin but lots more coming in due season. She shares that she prays as she goes at various crossroads and, although slipping here and there, as we all do, she sees it and calls it and seeks to change willingly.

I've never seen such a transformation. It blesses me more than anyone can know

Also pray for her to grow and her husband come to saving faith