• 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:10 AM

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  As the sun rises today I find myself standing in a cemetery by a familiar grave marker, but there is no  sadness in my heart because the lady whose name is on the stone is not there.  Oh there is a casket and a body  there I guess, but she isn`t.  I am  reminded of another tomb years ago that was found to be empty of the body of a man who was sacrificed close to that tomb.  Today I give thanks to a God who is my Father and who loves me so much he sacrificed his only Son that I might have a loving relationship with him.  As I look around, I see many, many things, but all will pass away except that love and that relationship.  As the sun slowly rises and there is more light, I know that I am a blessed man and I give thanks to my God who loves me more than I can comprehend.  I bask in his love just as I bask in the warming sunlight as it gently replaces the cold of pre-dawn. 

May God bless all of you as he has blessed me.  I know he will because he said he would.

Charlie

• Travis Richey, Kevin Blankenship, Candice and 4 others like this

#2 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Oh there is a casket and a body  there I guess, but she isn`t.  I am  reminded of another tomb years ago that was found to be empty of the body of a man who was sacrificed close to that tomb.  Today I give thanks to a God who is my Father and who loves me so much he sacrificed his only Son that I might have a loving relationship with him. 

Hi Charlie,

Happy Thanksgiving. Thank you for all of your thoughtful posts and kind input and replies that are always full of sensitivity, compassion and an obvious love of the LORD.

I understand your thoughts towards your wife today. I'm so happy you can look at this the way you do.   I've never even visited my former husband's grave in Alberta, Canada.  He isn't there.  My son asked me why we never visited when we're there visiting his family.  I tell my son, "he isn't there; he's with the LORD".   my brother-in-law became a very passionate, serious believer). My past husband's brother, my brother-in-law, received salvation about seven years ago.  His calling me to tell me and writing such a beautiful letter to thank me for sharing Christ with his brother before he emerged to eternity was, and continues to be, such a blessing to me.  Now I have a real brother "BROTHER- in - CHRIST".  I am so thankful for this!  It was worth all the years of suffering - heavy grief and despair - to know that maybe part of God's sovereign plan included this gift and that I would share in my brother-in-law's experience of Christ and ongoing fellowship.  We were not in contact for several years prior to his letter and phone call!!  He was a dyed-in-the-wool atheist.

Enjoy your days knowing God's goodness Doctor Charlie!

Love, Candice

• Travis Richey, Kevin Blankenship, elizabethcog and 3 others like this

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:35 PM

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Betsy

Big John

Charles

Elizabeth

Ginger

Glenn

Julie

Kenny

Kevin

Lori

Peasetown

Radar

Thinker Ron

Travis

Ysa

I know I'm omitting someone here; however, no intent.  I hope the LORD continues to show you Himself as I know He will. Like Charlie says, "because He says He will."

Love,

Candice

• Travis Richey, Kevin Blankenship, elizabethcog and 5 others like this

#4 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

Thank you for sharing Candice and Charlie you are such a blessing to me.

• Kevin Blankenship and radar like this

#5 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:46 AM

I saw your name with a post just now and was excited to read it as I signed in,you have helped me and I am sure others many times dear Charles Miles!!! Your encouraging heart humbly yet boldly, quietly yet screams of Jesus love and forgiveness and mercy....I could almost feel the warmth of that sun rising on my own face cause it started in your heart......

• Kevin Blankenship, chipped china, radar and 1 other like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#6 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

And thank you also sweet Candice always such a kind encourager!!!!

• Kevin Blankenship, chipped china, radar and 1 other like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#7 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving to all of my Deeper Life sisters and brothers.  We are to love the persons in the world.....or 'worldlings'  as the old writers referred to occupants of this world who are not partakers in God's Gift....Jesus the Messiah.  But we are to REALLY LOVE one another, brothers and sisters in Christ!!!  Each one of you have been occupying a place in my heart for some time now.  You have been there through my frustrations....despair, happiness, etc etc.  We are building a 'history' together. And though we MAY not ever meet in person down here.....something deep down tells me that Jesus will cause us to meet in Heaven.  Until then....we will continue putting one foot in front of the other as we continue surrendering our wils to the Will of God.  Oh what a Pearl of Great Price!!!!! To be wholly given over to the will of God with absolutely no thought of my own welfare. To be able to love like that is my number one goal.  Y'all are being used GREATLY by God to bring my goal to ultimate fruition!!!!  I am so GRATEFUL for that. And thank you Dr. Charles, THANK YOU....for not only starting this awesome thread....but for your absolutely awesome replies. One of my Spiritual fathers here in my little town of Savannah is Dr. Howard Thomas and his wife.  My father was also an M.D.  Dr. Howard and his wife, MANY MANY years ago where addicted to drugs, morphine and amphetamines (Dr. Howard wouldn't mind my sharing this as he has a book out called "The Touch of The Master's Hand"......for many years which relates their full testimony.) They are also member of the Full Gospel Businessmen's Fellowship.  I read his book while I was setting in jail in the late 80's....yet again...and it was greatly used by God to open my eyes to the love of Jesus towards us addicts. It was very instrumental in my ultimate conversion to Christ and His Gospel.  Said that to say this: I have an especially warm place in my heart for Christian Doctors of Medicine, and other Dr's in the medical field. Just a personal thing. Not to take away for the equally awesome contributors of this wonderful meeting place: The Deeper Life.  And Happy Thanksgiving to Marvin Harrell.....our beloved moderator and awesome Lover of Jesus!!!!!!! You are appreciated Marvin!!!!!!!!!!!!   To Candace.....Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to you and yours, you keep me on my toes. In the world in which we live.....we need to challenge one another to a Deeper walk of Love in Christ.  To blessed ElizabethCOG.......a faithful witness of the wonderful Love of God....you are SO appreciated. Chipped China.....you ALWAYS  add SO MUCH to every thread that you reply in!!!! SO MUCH!!!!!!

To THINKER (Ron), your wonderful posts are inspiring and uplifting and edifying. Even when you alliterate them for us. (I'm funning with ya......because that's what brothers do) . To Kenny and Radar.....my PRECIOUS brothers in Christ!!!!!!    I KNOW that I have missed several of you but it's time to wake momma up and give her her medicine and clean her up.  I am just feeling moved with gratitude with EACH of you today.  If you are a regular contributor......THIS MEANS YOU TOO!!!! And to part time contributors as well: you are SO appreciated!!!!!!  Please!!!.....Please don't think that of I missed you name that I am not realizing your worth and importance to this wonderful Forum. We would be incomplete without ya. I just cannot go back through all the posts and gather names.....I'm in a bit of a hurry.    God Bless each of you!!!

• elizabethcog, chipped china, radar and 1 other like this

#8 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:38 PM

Thank  you for the loving post Kevin and everyone else who adds treasure to my life. I love the same way you keep us on our toes to seek the real Truth by your transparency and openness. Learning to be honest is the first step to letting go and letting God. It's the path to our Savior's deep deep love and freedom.

It's interesting that my dad is also a doctor and I'm blessed that he has responded to God's voice and understands that we have a creator who is Jesus the Christ. Love to you all my brothers and sisters. betsy

• Kevin Blankenship, radar and Ginger like this