#1 christ007

christ007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

I need prays for  God to show me his will for my life. I am tried of going nowhere and feeling like nothing. I never even had a date. I am tried and just need to find want God has for me and what I need to do to further his kingdom.

#2 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • The Bridge

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:41 PM

Hello friend, I know somewhat how you feel as I have felt that way a time or two but just keep praying and waiting and reading God's word,He is still there even if He seems silent,just reaching out and asking for prayers is doing something!I am proud of you to ask me and others to pray for God's will for you and I prayed before I even finished typing,we serve a mighty God  and He hears your prayers and He will use you,the waiting can seem wasted but believe it is not wasted,You were made in the image of God,he knew you before you were even formed and you are special and loved by Jesus!! :)

• Ginger likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#3 christ007

christ007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

Thank you for your prayers. I am concern that my eye and ears are close. I do not understand what HIS will for my life. My church is over 60% missionaries, missionaries kids, or missionaries parents. I feel like I fail because I do not think I am doing call. 

• Ginger likes this

#4 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:07 AM

if an acorn could speak what might he say to the huge tree he will one day become,God grows us in His time and His way.His word tells us His ways are not ours. Our minds can't begin to understand God's ways but we can still believe in what He says and who He is...faith just believe and know the Bible tells us so.....continued prayers  brother as God grows us

• Ginger likes this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:51 AM

Dear brother in Christ,

Thank you for reaching out for help and support from the Body! You have come to the right place. Let me start by saying that God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life - a plan to prosper you and to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11). He doesn't want you to feel like nothing or to see yourself as a failure; He wants you to see yourself the way He does, as someone who is precious in His sight. God didn't create you for failure or defeat - He created you for victory and blessing!  

As someone who struggled for many years with feelings of self-loathing and condemnation, I would counsel you to stop speaking negative, self-defeating thoughts about yourself and to focus on what God says about you and on who you are in Christ. This has helped me tremendously in obtaining victory over the lies of the enemy, who wants to bring us down and make us think we are nothing. Try to remember that every time you say you are nothing or a failure, you are speaking Satan's lies. Come out of agreement with him and agree with God!

It will help you to mediate and speak aloud as many verses as you can find about who you are in Christ. Saturate your mind with these Scriptures (you might want to write some of them on index cards and keep them handy; then when you are feeling down, take them out and read through them aloud, since faith comes by hearing the Word of God).

Following are a couple of links to get you started:

http://crossinglouis...tity-in-christ/

http://www.ficm.org/...twhoamiinchrist

Next, if you are concerned that your eyes and ears are closed, stop confessing that and start declaring that your eyes and ears are opened. Find Scriptures that address wisdom and enlightenment and speak them over yourself. For instance, I begin each day by saying this. "I cover my mind, thoughts and emotions with the blood of Jesus. I have the mind of Christ and take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ." I also declare, "I am growing in wisdom, knowledge, understanding, and power to be everything that God is calling me to be." You could say, "I receive God's wisdom and understanding, and I say that my spiritual eyes and ears are opened."

Finally, I highly recommend the following books for use in your devotional times; they have helped me tremendously in my walk with God.

"Decree," by Patricia King; this book is filled with personalized Scriptures allowing you to speak aloud God's promises and blessings into your life (available on Amazon)

"God's Creative Power Can Work for You," by Charles Capps (this book literally changed my life; it helped me to receive physical healing after 18 years of chronic pain and also taught me how to apply God's Word to every circumstance). Available at Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...s creat,aps,502

I pray that you will rest secure in your identity in Christ and receive all that He has for you!

Grace and peace,

Julie

• elizabethcog likes this

#6 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:00 AM

Thank you for your prayers. I am concern that my eye and ears are close. I do not understand what HIS will for my life. My church is over 60% missionaries, missionaries kids, or missionaries parents. I feel like I fail because I do not think I am doing call. 

Our Abba Father bless your ears and your eyes, your understanding and let you know that you know that you know Him and He knows you as none other.  I do identify with comparing or being compared... each of us are unique to God, our Abba Father.  He gave us each individual finger prints and just as a loving, nurturing, and most caring parent he does minister to us ... so very thankful for Elizabeth's and Julie's posts.  Our sisters and brothers are loving touches from our God and we are all His. 

Grace and tender mercies moment by moment.

Ginger

• Julie Daube and elizabethcog like this

#7 christ007

christ007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

Thank you for your prayers. I know that God has bless me in many way. I am grad school and I am mental challenge. If it was not for God I would not be in grad school.