• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

The kinds of faith discussed in the last two articles are examples of "flabby" or faulty faith. The faith that God requires is an absolute, unconditional trust. This is the kind of faith Job testified to in Job 13:15, where he said, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him...." Abraham exercised a great faith in God's leading. With few, if any, of today's helps for those who travel, "By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went" (Hebrews 11:8). He acted in even greater faith in Verse 17: "By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac...." His faith was so fixed that he would sacrifice his son. He didn't have to, but he would have done it, if God hadn't intervened. He had faith that God would even raise Isaac from the dead. God offered His Son and He had to sacrifice Him for us. The three Hebrew children, facing the fear of burning to death, refused to compromise their faith. They said to the wicked despot, "....be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up" (Daniel 3:18). This kind of fixed faith is not blind faith. It is based upon the utter trustworthiness of God's Word. Scripture has never been proven wrong and never will be! "But the Word of the Lord endureth for ever...." (From I Peter 1:25). Selah! If we trust God for our eternal destiny, how can we not trust Him in all that leads to that destiny?   Thinker    (Ron)

• Julie Daube, Candice, elizabethcog and 5 others like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Amen, Ron! Another great post!

#3 Ysa

Ysa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 10:08 PM

If we trust God for our eternal destiny, how can we not trust Him in all that leads to that destiny?

Thank you.

• Thinker likes this

#4 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Thank you for the alliteration. Made it easier for me to connect the dots.

• Thinker likes this

#5 proSpiritofTruth

proSpiritofTruth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

"The kinds of faith discussed in the last two articles are examples of "flabby" or faulty faith. The faith that God requires is an absolute, unconditional trust. This is the kind of faith Job testified to in Job 13:15, where he said, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust in Him...." Abraham exercised a great faith in God's leading" I would like to comment and expand on what I have just quoted from "Thinker" just above Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:00 AM. In particular the sentance "The faith that God requires is an absolute, unconditional trust." This is the most foundational platform that God the
Father, in His infinite Providence, as described in James 1:17i, "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and cometh down from the Father of lights in whom is no variableness neither shadow of turning," has, and will, ever supply to the descendants of Adam and Eve and there is a most sacred and vital fool proof promise, based on the fact described by this sentence I have quoted from "Thinker", contained in John 7:17, "If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether I speak of God, or whether I speak of myself." In other words, so long as we unconditionally tust God the Father, in His infinite Providence, to supply us with all of our needs, in particular, our doctrinal needs, by unconditionally surrendering our wills to Him, in return the Father, through the promise contained in John 7:17 promises to either make known the true doctrine to us, at the most optimal time for us, OR, failing that, He will impute it to us, as if He had, without any loss whatsoever. Why is it so important for us to either know the true doctrine of His Remnant church, as described in Revelation 14:12, 12:17 and 19:10? I believe that irregardless where we stand spiritually or doctrinally, that wherever there is ignorance of something required of God, of members of His church, and by His church, in this context I am referring to a literal church with gospel order, as depicted by Aaron's rod, from the moment it was placed in the Ark with the Ten Commandments, and the health message, which also became a church requirement from the moment that it was placed in the Ark with the Ten Commandments, until these two items were removed to be put in the Ark in the most holy place in the temple in heaven, of which the one in earth was patterned out of, and these two requirements ceased to become a requirement of God again, for members of His church, until, they entered into the most Holy Place in heaven, by faith at the expiration of the 2300 days (a day for a year) of Daniel 8:14, when Christ, having shed His blood, now used His shed blood to celebrate the Anti typical Day of Atonement, on October 22, 1844, 2300 days after the command to rebuild Jerusalem went forth on October 22, 457BC. God's living church continued on as the Judaic dispensation right up until the instant that Christ died on the cross at the stroke of the ninth hour of Friday 22nd April, 31AD, for this prophecy, taken from Daniel 9:25-27, must be a split second accurate prophecy if Christ is to die in the place of the Paschal Lamb, which represents us, rather than die in addition to that Paschal lamb.This is not a problem, if we look calmly, carefully and calculatingly while cross referencing as the Bereans did. Although there are many who argue about the date at which the decree was sent forth from Artexerxes to rebuild Jerusalem, if we examine each proposed date, I think that we can safely say, that if only one of the proposed dates has a day and month, which allows Christ to be cut off mid week where the range of dated for the Friday of the Passover may fall exaclty halfway between the date during the year and the day and the month given as the time at which this decree went forth, then we may, by a process of elimination, say that, of the list of supplied dates, if one of them are to be correct then there is only one left by default, being eliminated, not by the year given disagreeing with the law and the testimony as per Isaiah 8:20, but by the day and the month. It just so happens, remembering that, Luke 3:23 declares that Christ was baptized and then annointed by the Holy Ghost, the very term Christ meaning the Annointed One, on His thirtieth birthday, according to the words of this verse [in the only version in English which is not condemned by 2 Peter 21:19-21, verse 19 denouncing higher criticism by declaring that we have a 'more sure word of prophecy' and verse 20 forbidding 'private interpretation' all Revised Versions being copyrighted proves that they themselves are claiming the financial benefits of declaring their versions to be their intellectual property and receiving confirmation of this fact in the form of copyright of the type that allows them to sue for public unauthorized use of their forbidden translations, adding the sin of Simony to their impious and rebellious acts of daring to make private interpretations which add much and take away much from the Established Word of God as read in the Authorized King James Version of 1611, which incidentally is the only version in English to be absolutely free of the corrupted pagan Alexandrian texts, being 100% Textus Receptus, and verse 21 explaining why private interpretations are forbidden because they are a sin against the Holy Ghost, a most dangerous practice for which having one's name removed from the Lamb's Book of Life is a sure punishment for taking anything away from the Word of God.]which read as "And Jesus himself began to be about 30 years of age..." So if we count forward 69 weeks from October 22, 457 BC we come to AD 27, which is no doubt why God gave the historical information contained in Luke 3:1&2, so that historians can cross reference with Scripture to confirm that it was in AD27 that these people were in power mentioned in verses 1&I2, which they do. So Jesus being baptized on His thirtieth birthday on October, 22, 27AD, and being destined to die on the stroke of the ninth hour, for that is the only time that the High Priest can be startled by the renting of the 10inch thick curtain separating the holy place from the most holy place, from top to bottom, such that the High Priest, having his hand raised to slay the lamb, at that instant, drops the knife and is sufficiently distracted for the Paschal Lamb to make good its escape. Kowing that the Word, created our solar system with all of this in mind, He created a ratio between the revolution of this earth about its own axis to the orbit of this earth around its sun 1:365.25 to the nearest hundredth of a revolution (to two decimal places) and half way between this figure is 182.625 in which we only initially concern ourselves with the day, for the time of day is already established as the ninth hour of the Friday of the Passover of 31AD three and a half years to the split second after Christ was born on October 22, 4BC in the manger in the stable in Bethlehem. So we come to April 22, which does fall within the range of dates at which the Friday of the Passover occurs some years. Going on in faith, we now count backwards to October 22, 182.625 days from 3pm or the nineth hour of that particular day in Jerusalem (I have not looked into that fully enough at this stage as to determine which in reality) and that will tell you at what time Christ was born on October 22nd, 4BC, and and not so clearly at what time Christ was baptized on 22nd October, 27AD, because of the phrase, "And Jesus began to be about 30 years of age," the key words being "began" and "about". However, for our purposes, we need to realize that the Anti typical round of feast days has to be officiated by our Great High Priest, but once, using His blood, such that there is now only one more to celebrate, the Feast of Tabernacles which does not happen until after the Second Coming of Christ in the clouds of heaven. Right now, prophecy is not hung on time, but on the sealing of the 144,000, whereupon, on sealing the 144,000th and last member, Christ them throws down the Golden censor, declares with great wrath, "It is finished" not to be confused with the Father's voice in Revelation 16:17, declaring "It is done," nearly 12 months later, during which time the 144,000 are the only righteous living upon the earth, at that time, the righteous not of the 144,000 being taken peacefully away from the evil to come, not being able to stand without a mediator like the 144,000 are according to Isaiah 57:1&2. The point of my post is that all descendants of Adam and Eve, may meet and search, as the wise men who found Christ in the stable, without force or coercion, for only the Holy Ghost can convict, but we all have only two choices as Ravi so clearly points out, either all was created or not, with no evidence at all supporting no Creator, for it is absolutely impossible for inorganic matter to evolve into any kind of organic matter let alone inorganic matter coming out of nothing. So although a true atheist is one who makes a moral decision (to reject God's sovereign rule over his will, even if he becomes conviced of the reality of God just as described in the Bible but if people meet regardless of the beliefs that they hold at present, the binding agent being the unconditional love of the truth, 100% of those should go through into the kingdom, so I am making this blog to suggest people uniting for this purpose. There is more I should write but I am hours behind in my schedule so will end off here.God's blessings and encouragement to all,.......................

#6 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

proSpiritofTruth....please expound more on the 144,000.  I will be SURE to re-read you above post. And about the other versions of the Bible......I cannot understand why one that was translated in 1611 would be more acceptable to God than one that is translated from original texts in the 20th or 21st century. I read your post directly after I awoke from a nap and, to be quite candid with you, several red flags where raised. Not to be troubled though, I will read and re-read the post until I can get the gist of it. It seems to be in the form of one long run-on sentence and so that gave me some trouble interpreting it. 

Maybe THINKER....since he authored this post.....can come along and give a comment on the reply from "proSpiritof Truth".  At present, I am just to sleepy, and therefore vulnerable....

• Candice, Charles Miles and radar like this

#7 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:33 AM

proSpirit, Yours is obviously a well researched post, full of history and dates, but a bit confusing for me to follow from beginning to end. I like Kevin, will await a further explaination of the 144,000. I certainly don`t doubt that what you posted has validity, but I do find myself a bit dizzy trying to keep up with the thoughts and timelines that you suggest.
I dearly love reading God`s word and meditating on it for hours, but a fault of mine is that I sometimes get so caught up in meanings and allitoration(if that is the correct term) that I tend to make something way too complicated when that probably wasn`t the reason the Lord had me to study the passage or story. As Kevin said, there seems to be a red flag or two in the post, but I`m sure you will agree that faith is given to us all as a gift, although we need to work on it all our lives, and certainly complicating faith, for whatever reason, is somewhat counterproductive.

In Christ`s love,

Charlie
  • Candice and radar like this

#8 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

proSpirit...
May I say you took great lengths to respond to Thinker Ron's post. I believe, but may be wrong, that your description and pattern of the times and dates as well as the remnant lines up with Seventh Day Adventist doctrine?
These lines differ from Alliance and other expositions of scripture. Maybe break all these topics down into separate threads?? Interested in your scriptural references to the remnant especially.

Blessings
Candice
  • Charles Miles and radar like this

#9 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:56 PM

proSpirit...
May I say you took great lengths to respond to Thinker Ron's post. I believe, but may be wrong, that your description and pattern of the times and dates as well as the remnant lines up with Seventh Day Adventist doctrine?

Blessings
Candice

Good eye Candice

The date October 22, 1844 is looked upon as an important date by Adventists. For a short video on the history of that date watch the following video

#10 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:08 AM

I just watched the video. Didn't they say that the peacher that was preaching in the vid was a Baptist?? I will watch it again. I'll be back and correct this if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I just watched it again.  I was correct...the narrator said that "......a Baptist preacher, William Miller.....travelled the country..."

I am not seeing how this is connect to the Adventists. (???)  Please.....someone explain. Meanwhile.....I'll examine it more closely to see how this video is connected to the topic.  I am missing something, it is very probable.

OH OKAY!!!!! I get it now!!!! Here's how: http://en.wikipedia....ller_(preacher)

• Thinker likes this

#11 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

I just watched the video. Didn't they say that the peacher that was preaching in the vid was a Baptist?? I will watch it again. I'll be back and correct this if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I just watched it again.  I was correct...the narrator said that "......a Baptist preacher, William Miller.....travelled the country..."

I am not seeing how this is connect to the Adventists. (???)  Please.....someone explain. Meanwhile.....I'll examine it more closely to see how this video is connected to the topic.  I am missing something, it is very probable.

OH OKAY!!!!! I get it now!!!! Here's how: http://en.wikipedia....ller_(preacher)

Nice work Kevin

Blessings

• Thinker likes this

#12 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

C'mon proSpiritof.......truth?.........Come back.....don't leave.  Please expound on your post. Not so that we can poke at it and make fun. But if you are dear Christian brother or sister (you wouldn't give your gender......in your Profile which I studied).

Nobody here is going to burn you at the stake even if you ARE an Adventist. But if you are a proponent of the Truth, which your moniker implies......then making a quick post....and then "exit stage left"......is not a good way to win converts or even to interject truth into an ongoing thread.

So, please come back.  There are a fine bunch of disciples of Christ here. We're kinda like the Bereans of The Acts. We like to check people's teachings by the Word of God and see how they align. Even the King James (textus receptus).  Hey, I love my King James Bible. I love my International Standard Version. My NLT. My NIV.

• Thinker and radar like this

#13 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

proSpiritofTruth is a Seventh Day Adventist, evidenced here by his teachings : http://www.youtube.c...roSpiritofTruth

He goes from forum to forum like someone else we had a while back, except I hope he comes back here. I have some questions about the 144,000 that he may be able to shed some light on.

Shalom,

radar

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."