Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

No, not a "NEW" church....lbut a NEW meetingplace of several people whom I truly believe are "Jesus Lovers With All Of Their Heart". It's called Cornerstone Baptist Church here in town.  Now, as most know, the Southern Baptist Convention's statement of faith contains the most disturbing doctrine of cessationism. That the gifts of the Spirit ceased with the dying of the last Apostle. Of course, that is nowhere taught in Scripture.....and, to use a southern term....is Hogwarsh.  (the stuff that washes out of a hogs pen, which is built on a slope, when a heavy rain ensues [gully-warsher]).

I am shaved, showered, and all the other S's.   I am prayed up, praised up, and ready to meet some people of like precious faith. People excited to be saved from God's wrath and full of the Love of God...shed abroad into our hearts by the Holy Spirit. (I'm, personally, still waiting for yet strongers sheddings).  But....pray for me today. I am determined to NOT go into this place and start my wretched fault-finding. I will focus on Jesus. And what I know to true about Him that I have learned. Everyone have a great day. And remember......whisper a little prayer. Service will start is 25 minutes. I need to get in my car and get on down there.

• Julie Daube, Lori Smith, Candice and 3 others like this

#2 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

So excited to be praying for what may bean answer to prayer for you. Please do know I prayed for you and peace and love to others you meet today. So eager to hear about it. And so uplifted by this.
Love
CANDICE
  • Lori Smith, Kevin Blankenship and Charles Miles like this

#3 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

You prayers were answered Candace. I have FINALLY found a church  (small church....50 folks?) where there are folks who love Jesus and are not hung up on Baptist distinctives.  I am pleased.

• Lori Smith, Candice and elizabethcog like this

#4 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

Kevin,

I'm so happy for you.  Praises to God the Father.  He is Almighty and powerful to do this work Himself and bring it to you personally.  Wow,

• Lori Smith, Kevin Blankenship and elizabethcog like this

#5 Ysa

Ysa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I am really happy for you. I wished for you to find a Christian community after reading some of your posts. May you continue to lean on Christ.

• Lori Smith, Kevin Blankenship and elizabethcog like this

#6 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

Thank you YSA!!!! I appreciate that. And I'm not one to waste many words in maudlin sentimentality. I mean....I TRULY appreciate your words. For some reason.....they found their way to my heart.

#7 Travis Richey

Travis Richey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• Granbury Church of the Nazarene

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Fellowship:  two or more fellows in the same ship

Kevin, I'm glad to hear you have found a place to worship, praise, and pray with like-minded believers.  May God richly bless you and this wonderful church, as you all are in the same ship, guided by the same Captain, and heading to the same Golden Shore.

• Kevin Blankenship likes this

#8 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thank you Travis!! I can't wait for Wednesday (tomorrow) night!!!! They gave me such a warm welcome. I want to be back around them.

#9 Nelinden

Nelinden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Biblical Studies, Apologetics, Logic, Philosophy, Christian Counseling, Critical Thinking, Evangelism
  • I am a Layperson

• Lifeway Christian Church

Posted 03 July 2018 - 01:35 PM

Kevin,

I would like to get back in touch with you. I just arrived back from Athens, Greece and was wowed by how much of Greece has impacted our modern world for Christ. I had a string of thoughts that brought me to this blog. 

Nancy Linden

#10 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:25 PM

Hi Kevin,  So happy to hear from you again and learn about your "new Church".  It is always a good thing to worship with "Jesus lovers" and to enjoy those you are with. A Travis said, there is much to be gained from such fellowship, whether it is 2 or 60, or even 100. May God bless you as you continue your walk.

Yours in Christ,

Charlie