waltydog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • St. Lukes On the Hill - Episcopalian

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

Matthew, 31, came to me this week and talked (that's something new!) about how different he felt when he went to church with me last week. He's been battling depression for most of his life but has always kept it within and never wanted to talk about it. When he talked to me about his depression for the first time this past week, he said he didn't feel ashamed about talking about it but in a sense felt at ease and wanted to talk about his depression openly. He wants to go to church with me and wants to know more about why God and Jesus are involved in our world. I've been praying for Matthew for a long time and know for sure that our Lord God is the reason why Matthew has seen "light" in his dark world. Please pray for Matthew knowing that now is the time satan will go to work on him trying to undo what God has initiated. 

walter vogt

• elizabethcog and Kenny like this

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

How wonderful to hear how God is working in your son's life. I will be honored to pray for him.

Blessings,

Lori

• elizabethcog likes this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

2nd what Lori said ... praying and asking for the Lord to rebuke Satan as a Scripture says was asked of Him.... Praise God for you sharing and for your son Matthew sharing... many of us know what it is to be depressed and that tender mercies and God's grace is what keeps us in spite of whatever... GOD is Amazing and so faithful to keep us, .... even when we fail Him He never leaves us nor forsakes us or disowns us.... Sorry for rambling on.  God blessed me with seeing my 1st born grandson and empowering me leave the house to go drive to get him.... Many folks do not understand what it's like to seemingly fail to get victory even in very small miniscule things.... The Victory is in Jesus.... and as He moves in each person .... Awed by God and how minute things are a big thing  to the Lord and in the lives of many who suffer and feel like it's just because they fail to do the right thing at the right time or whatever.... Depression is not a little thing to just get over.... GOD KNOWS ... Well, just going to let this be okay to post. Editing don't help much....

God bless Matthew and his Dad and help all of us to bless you.  Please and thank you in Jesus name, amen.

Ginger

• Lori Smith and elizabethcog like this

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

Praying!

• Lori Smith likes this

#5 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:45 AM

Praying always for God's kingdom building! So cool that He wants and allows us to be a part of.....
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D