• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:32 PM

Some of you folks who are with Alliance in Colorado Springs already are aware of great flooding in parts of Colorado.

My friend in Ft. Collins called me this morning asking prayer because her 10 year-old son is on his first away from home camp with his school class in Estes Park.  Apparently, the class cannot travel back to Ft. Collins, even though it's fairly close mileage-wise, due to flooded roadways and dangers. 

My friend is concerned because her son was very anxious to be away from home (VERY anxious), but dad made him go to get past his anxieties of being away from home for the first time.

Please pray Zachary is strengthened in the Lord and that the Lord uses his faith to provide peace for himself and some of his frightened classmates.

Pray my friend and her husband and other kids will have peace as well and that these floods will not move on to affect other parts of the Great State of COLORADO!

• Lori Smith likes this

#2 Joan Phillips

Joan Phillips

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Harvest Downtown

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:42 PM

Candice,

I am praying now. In the name of Jesus, I pray protection for Zachary and for fear to leave him. Lord give your angels charge over him and comfort him, as well as his parents, with the assurance that You will keep him safe. Amen! 

Please let me know, Candice, when you hear that he made it home. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to pray!

Joan Phillips

Communications

The Alliance

#3 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

Candice,

Praying for Zachary and all affected by horrific Colorado floods. Dear Jesus, please bring your mercy and help. In Your Name, amen.

• Julie Daube likes this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:30 PM

Praying!

#5 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

As of late this afternoon, update...

My friend called the camp in Estes Park, and the kids are doing fine.  The bridge to Estes Park is out and there's no way in or out of there. It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow as well. 

As some of you know, the early summer fires caused scarring up on the Front Range and that's not helping anything.

My friend is at peace and is pulling weeds in her yard (coming up quickly after lots of rain) to burn off nervous energy!

Will keep you posted.

Thank you so much for praying.

#6 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

As of 7:20 pm MST, Estes Park is under evacuation, especially elderly people.  Please pray for them as they are, of course, fragile in all ways. 

#7 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Dear LORD, we do come to you asking for your sustaining power through any and all things that touch our lives.  Please be merciful and gracious to the people in flooding areas, grant your provision, protection and peace of mind, courage, and  strengthen any weakness Lord; and thank you for you grace for whatever is happening to each individual may your comfort, your peace, your strength sustain.  O Dear Lord being old ain't for sissies someone told me but You are for us so regardless of our state or our age you do meet our need; so thank you so very much that You are for us  in all seasons and through all trying events.  Please grant us peace and courage Lord, and  grant us joy in YOU. From the youngest to the oldest please bless as YOU KNOW best. Thank you, in Jesus name we pray, amen. 

#8 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Update:

I just spoke with my friend in Fort Collins, CO.  The school group up at the YMCA camp in Estes Park has only one way out on the Ridge Trail which they plan to attempt by school bus tomorrow.  It will take at least 10 hours as this is a very dangerous route.  There is only 3 days of food and no water.  There are 1,000 people up there.  My friend has not been able to talk to her son, Zachary, so she doesn't know how is doing with all of this.

She is very concerned about this half-baked plan because the scarring from the fire has greatly impacted the trail road, it is heavy switchback and steep with eroding cliffs.  I fear mudslides as others are using this road since it's the only one out.  If they stayed put, it would be at least Tuesday at this point before they could leave. Staying could be worse.  My friend is a strong believer, but she's sounding very upset and her husband is thinking of making the trek up the mountain to get Zach.

Please pray for safety of all involved in this plan.

#9 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

I spoke with my friend in Colorado Springs today and according to him the area closest to him that has been the hardest is Manitou Springs. He also said he has to drive an hour north to Denver airport today and doesn't foresee any major problems in getting there.

#10 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:51 PM

Update:  Zachary and all the kids made it safely home.  There were definitely tears and vomiting every day in the wake of separation anxiety on Zach's part.  The tears really got contagious as the kids witnessed the floods down in the town area and the National Guard using some type of equipment to separate the waters so the bus could get through the streets.  But, thankfully, the rain has subsided, at least today. 

More rain expected in parts of Colorado, i.e. Boulder, where they really got the worst of it.  Please pray that the rains to come do not cause flooding.  Also, snow is expected, which may be better.

• Lori Smith likes this

#11 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Praise God! Thank You Father for bringing Zachary safely home!! We praise You!

Father, please be with the people in Colorado. Please ease the flooding situation. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Thanks for the update Candice!

In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."