harrycross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • United Christian Assembly

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

I returned to school this week after 6 years being out of school. I'm doing my Master of Divinity. A calling is upon me for full time ministry, but somehow I feel afraid of not being able to meet up with the necessary requirements for graduate class. I feel inadequate due to my long absence from school. Pray with me against the spirit of fear and strength to overcome my inadequacy. 1Tim 1:7
Amen
  • Julie Daube, Lori Smith and Ginger like this

#2 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

In the name of Jesus, I speak favor, blessing, victory, faith, hope, strength and peace over Harry. Lord, I thank you that Harry feels inadequate, because that will make him depend all the more on you. I say that your power and grace will be sufficient for Harry. I break the spirit of fear off of Harry and command faith to rise up within him. I say that Harry will walk in faith and peace and will not walk in fear. I say to Harry, the joy of the Lord is your strength! Amen!
  • Candice, Ginger and harrycross like this

#3 harrycross

harrycross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

Amen! Thanks Julie. Yes Lord, prefect your grace in my inadequacy. You promised in Your Word that Your grace is made perfect in my weakness. Because when I'm weak then I'm strong, for Christ becomes my strength. Thank you Jesus for strength.
Amen
  • Julie Daube and Ginger like this

#4 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

harrycross

Trust in the Lord, and commit it into the Lord's hands and then once you have committed it into His hands you can stop worrying about it. If it's His will for you, then He will get you through it.

Proverbs 3
5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Blessings

#5 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

Harry,

I've been in school full-time since 2008; I still feel inadequate every day. I'm currently in the M.Div. program. I can say that God is faithful!! I'm praying for you! If you put forth your best effort, God will do the rest. Don't worry, most of the people in your class have the same worries. One day it will behind you! Blessings Brother!

In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#6 harrycross

harrycross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

Thanks Lori. I can say that again "God is Faithful!!!", as He promised in Phillipians 1: being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. I'm trusting that God who starts, continues and finishes. Amen !!!!!

• Julie Daube, Lori Smith, Candice and 1 other like this

#7 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Harry,

If you ever need to talk, or you need some encouragement, I'm here! 

In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#8 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

Harry, I agree with all that everyone else prays here. I pray Lord that you use Harry for your purposes and that, in all he does in Your Name and in Your Spirit, makes You look good to others he interacts with and ministers to.
  • Lori Smith and Ginger like this

#9 harrycross

harrycross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:34 PM

thanks everyone for lifting me up in prayers. Had my first class on last Saturday and the experience was awesomed. Continue to pray with me as I follow God's lead. Well definitely Lori, thanks
  • Lori Smith and Ginger like this

#10 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

God has a WONDERFUL future planned for you! How exciting!

• Ginger likes this

#11 harrycross

harrycross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Amen!!!!

• Lori Smith likes this

#12 harrycross

harrycross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

A Praise report.
Thanks for your intercession. God is keeping me in school and providing His peace the passes all human understanding. Keep praying with me to make it to the end of this semester. amen

#13 Ginger

Ginger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

A Praise report.
Thanks for your intercession. God is keeping me in school and providing His peace the passes all human understanding. Keep praying with me to make it to the end of this semester. amen

reached  the like this quota for today

Giving thanks to the Lord for all the prayers and join in agreeing. 

1Th_5:24 Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

Blessings

#14 harrycross

harrycross

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 18 February 2016 - 03:56 PM

Wow!!! It has been 2yrs and some months. Never thought I was going to survive it, but I did and I'm still here. LOL. Praise be to the Most High God.

I credit my perseverance to your prayers and encouragements. Back in 2013, I started my graduate studies at Nyack-ATS in New York, for a Master in Divinity. After being out of school for almost 6yrs, going back was a struggle and challenge for me. I was afraid of failing due to what I referred to as my inadequacy

Well, that was two years ago. Toady, I'm in my second year at ATS, and the experienced has been amazing. God has been good to me and, His grace has sufficiently strengthened to make it through. I'm still leaning on His grace and trusting Him to lead me into what He has called me to do.

As I approach my last year in school, pray with me that God will lead me into what he has called me to do. I’m looking for a full time urban or international ministry.

Amen