• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

http://new.livestrea.../call-to-prayer
  • Julie Daube and Kenny like this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#2 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Very nice Lori
Thanks for sharing that link

Blessings in Christ Jesus
Kenny

#3 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm sorry I was a bit late!
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#4 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

I was late and, again, distracted with "life"; daily living. UGH! An important event.

#5 Douglas Hautz

Douglas Hautz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:Radio DJ PureFire WKTO 88.9FM
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ormond Beach Alliance

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

My post is in the aftermath of the Call to Prayer.  It comes before Dr Stumbo is scheduled to speak to the Southeastern District of which I am a part.   It comes the day after the video "vlog" regarding  "Listening & Hearing from God".  I hang on every word.

I first want to say how privileged I am to be a pastor within the C&MA.  I love this movement's history ...its future ... and particularly its present.  I realize that many that view these forums and even those that participated in the Call to Prayer are not a part of Alliance congregations.  Welcome to inclusive fellowship within the body of Christ.  This post is vital to Alliance and non-Alliance adherants.

I know that we love to hear positive reports.  We take a deep breath when something is posted from a negative perspective.  "How dare he judge me"

I am so excited about how we are being led....  I am scared about the following.

I am not a disciple of John Stumbo.  I do not worship any man.  I am not an event junkie.   I do want to address the numbers. 

A Call to Prayer was called for by our 12th president.  An overwhelming majority SAW the call of God on this man.  We wept as there was a call for repentance at Council.  Fred Hartley III led prayer meetings were packed at Council.  There was a buzz about revival in the Alliance.  There is a clear prophetic voice being echoed by Dr. Richard Sipley and many others.   ARE WE LISTENING?

Why are we impressed when only 300+ sites ...chimed in?

I cleared my schedule when we were called to assemble.  I contemplated taking money to physically attend.  Instead I doctored my internet ...called the congregation together ... and assembled for 6 1/2 hours of beautiful fellowship and power.

I know that some had "prior engagements"  I know that some are just not into "events".  I know that 6 1/2 hours of prayer does not have the draw of a rock concert.   But ... are we listening?

Some of those 300+ sites had many assembled .. Some were connected as individuals from their easy chair.  Some chimed in from Sulpher LA ... some from Kosovo ...and some drove 13 hours to view the event.  In a denomination that claims 500,000 and internationally millions... should 300 impress us?

I know ... I know ...Gideon did it with 300.  I am not judging any man ... nor any Alliance church.   PLEASE Listen to His voice.

In the OT ... if a solemn assembly was called for I am sure that none said "I'll check my smart phone calendar"

Again regarding numbers.  I attended the LIFE 2013 event with my son and nephew in St Louis this past July.  I heard the applause when it was announced that we had collected 78000 dollars for one project and 40,000 for another.  Wow ... send up the applause...  But ....do the math... there were 5000-7000 students.  20 bucks per kid.  Starbucks across the street collected more from Alliance kids (trust me ...I was in line).

I am not here to shame ANYONE....  I do want to CALL us to revival.  CALL us to radical stewardship... CALL us to send more to the GCF and flush the overpriced soundboards, robotic light syaytems,  and stuph that doesn't matter.  CALL us to listen!

In Christ,

Doug Hautz

Ormond Beach Alliance

• Lori Smith likes this
Doug Hautz

When you and I stand together in the presence of God- knowing and seeing who He is and all that He has done in His sovereign power to move us from birth to "that Day"- we will pour out our thanks and praise to Him, joyfully doing our best to shake the rafters of heaven.

#6 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Praying the Alliance has revival.