• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Thanks to all who prayed for our transmission - there is good news and bad news. The good news is that the transmission is working. The bad news is that it is really old and worn out and is not worth repairing (the cost of a rebuilt transmission would run about $2,000 to $3,000; a transmission from the junkyard would cost $1,200 and there is no guarantee it would work). The Christian mechanic we went to (who didn't charge us anything) said we should just drive the car into the ground. He said if we really baby the transmission by not accelerating or braking hard, it could last for a while longer (perhaps a year or two).

That being said, we are trusting God to hold the transmission together until He provides us with another car. We are not in a position to purchase a vehicle at this time, and it would be difficult to make car payments right now because of other financial obligations (student loan and medical bills). So we are totally relying on the Lord! Please pray with us that He will provide for this need and keep the transmission working until He blesses us with a new vehicle. We know that He is able to do this, and it is not too hard for Him. Thank you again! And join me in praising God that the transmission is still working!
  • Lori Smith and elizabethcog like this

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Julie,

Amen, God is able! I will pray for Him to give you a new car!

Lori
  • Julie Daube likes this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thank you, Lori! He's done that twice for us in the past (gave us a new car when the old one died). Nothing is impossible for Him!
  • Lori Smith likes this

#4 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Julie,

He did the same for us! He certainly can!
  • Julie Daube likes this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Julie,

He did the same for us! He certainly can!

Praise the Lord! God is good!
  • Lori Smith likes this