• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 radar

radar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Interests:Retired Navy and disabled veteran. Love studying the Word of God. Read Spurgeon, Rylism, Stedman, Hoekstra, Tozer, Meyer, and Morrison devotionals, sometimes Chambers. Study free online: Ichthys, Gotquestionsorg, SermonAudio, Christian Classic Ethereal Library among others. Like to ocean pier fish as my hobby.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • HIs Laboring Few Fellowship Thomasville NC

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:44 PM

Praise God!

I have a prayer requests. Please pray for my Pastor, Steve Ervin. He was struck in the head on Sunday by a softball and has been hospitalized since then. He is awake and alert, but does not know anyone, even his own wife. Please pray for unity in our fellowship as strife and divison has occurred because of this. Please pray for my son and his friend who were beaten pretty good on the 4th of July ( my son's birthday). Please pray for the man who beat them. Please pray for our brother Moses. He was told he was not welcome to park his vehicle in the handicap space at a local bank by the reality company who owns the property, even thought many years ago the bank manager has said it was okay for him to use their lot. Moses has only one leg, but sat on the sidewalk for many years with small signs that proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. He is beloved and respected by many people in our city including those of other faiths. Please pray that my SUV that I use in ministry, will not need any other repairs other than a new starter and battery which went bad today. Please pray for me.

Do you think with all this happening this week that the devil is in the details? Praise be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world!
  • Julie Daube, Lori Smith and Kevin Blankenship like this

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

#2 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Praying for you Radar and all your prayer needs of yours and those you mention,how wonderful you mention the one who hurt your son and friend,such evidence of Christ in you! I have been praying this prayer it is James 1-4 for several days...Consider it pure joy,my brothers,whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete,not lacking anything. so hard it is during all the troubles of this world but yet true because God says it.I am reminded this is not our home and Jesus is with us always........
  • Julie Daube, Lori Smith, Kevin Blankenship and 1 other like this
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#3 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Already prayed brother! Will continue to pray as well for these concerns as well. Please keep us posted.

Blessings,
Candice
  • Kevin Blankenship and radar like this

#4 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Radar,

I'm praying, God is greater!
  • Julie Daube, Kevin Blankenship and radar like this
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#5 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:22 AM

Please know that I am praying in agreement with you! It's definitely possible that these troubles could be attacks from the enemy. "Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." (1 Peter 5:8) But I praise God with you that greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world! Amen!
  • Lori Smith, Kevin Blankenship and radar like this

#6 Kevin Blankenship

Kevin Blankenship

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

You have earned a spot on a sticky that is stick to the bottom edge of my computer screen. It is a prayer habit that has actually been working!!!! Prayers are sent brother!