• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

All who have been part of my fellowship life on Deeper Life forum - thank you for enriching my heart and mind in Christ.

I need prayer, if you're led, for upcoming surgery next Thurs. in Denver. I have hip preservation surgery which includes a full reconstruction (not replacement) of the joint which will be quite lengthy and complex. However, not dangerous, but a 6-8 month rehab and then the other hip will be done maybe end of summer. So, about 10 months or more until I'm back to normal. Thank God I don't live as a woman in a third world country and have insurance to cover a lot of this and the ortho surgeon is picking up what the insurance does not cover which is plenty.

Mostly however, I am concerned and, sad to report, becoming very anxious because my unbelieving sister will be meeting me in Denver Tuesday and taking care of me there for a week. Then, returning to N. Wyoming with me for a week or two since I'll be absolutely dependent upon others for several weeks and months. I hope that I am everything Christ wants me to be to Him as she serves me. I've had persecution problems with her years ago for my faith to the point of her stonewalling me for months on end. However, she's softened (or become more tolerant) over the past few years. I hope I will not be demonstrating anything that will offend her or the LORD during my recovery. The surgery is nothing compared to the concern about this as there's "history".

Also, my husband is very stressed because of work and he will have to take our 15 year-old son back and forth to his part-time job for the week I'm gone and deal with other things. It is a major inconvenience to all.

Thank you so much!
Candice

#2 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:12 AM

I'll be praying for you Candice. Thanks for sharing.

Lori
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#3 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

I am praying for you.

#4 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

Praying!

#5 elizabethcog

elizabethcog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• The Bridge

Posted 01 June 2013 - 04:31 AM

I have and will continue to pray for you......His strength will be sufficient and He will provide...
Jesus and Jesus alone saves=D

#6 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:15 AM

Candice,

I wanted to let you know that God directed me to pray for you this morning. I was sitting here, partially asleep and waking up with a cup of coffee, and the Lord directed me to your name that I have written down on a piece of paper (as a reminder to pray). So, you can be sure that He is aware of what you're going through, and He is with you!

Love and blessings,
Lori
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#7 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Thank you all for praying. I am in hospital and hope to go home by tomorrow. Praise God for faithful fellowship and His all manner of healing. It is so joyous when The Lord speaks thru intervening and Jesus is kneeling right beside us!!
  • Lori Smith likes this