• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

Many of us are awake during the night hours. This may be brief or extended and it may be several times. Sometimes, it may be intended. What happens? Are we in a stupor? David had night experiences. He records one in Psalm 119:62. "At midnight will I rise to give thanks unto Thee because of Thy righteous judgments." Imagine thanking God for righteous judgments and doing it at midnight. In Psalm 42:8, we read, "....in the night His song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life." The point that I'd like to make is this: Are we so filled with love for and devotion to God that, even moving around in the night, we find our hearts reaching out in prayer, song and thanksgiving? We may not be thoroughly awake but our hearts respond in these ways to the One Who means so much to us. Selah! This kind of worship comes from much fellowship with Him in the Word and prayer. Are we growing in this kind of worship? Ron "I know I shall see in His beauty the King in Whose law I delight; Who lovingly guardeth my footsteps and giveth me songs in the night." ("Redeemed" Fanny J. Crosby)

#2 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 28 April 2013 - 02:38 PM

That is mind-boggling. Not only are we to worship in the day, we are to worship in the nighttime.
  • Thinker likes this

#3 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:59 AM

Gordy's comment made me think of an important point. Some might think that you have to worship at night or during night hours. You don't have to; you want to. It can become spontaneous. Thinker (Ron)

#4 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:33 AM

I don`t know about every one else, but sometime I wake up in the night and getting back to sleep takes a while. When this happens now, I begin prayer and praise. I also aks the Lord to put me back to sleep when He hears enough from me at that time of night. Generally, I never know when I fall off to sleep again, but it has always been a peaceful sleep.
  • Thinker likes this

#5 amansowin

amansowin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Interested In The Truth
    In Family
    The Outdoors
    Cristian Biography
  • I am a Layperson

• First Baptist

Posted 30 April 2013 - 07:11 AM

Nocturnal worship did much to satisfy Davids soul.

Psalm 63: 5-6

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,

and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,

when I remember you upon my bed,

and meditate on you in the watches of the night.

(ESV)

#6 Patti Q

Patti Q

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Church, studying God's word, reading in general, baking/cooking, computer, crafts, spending time with my family and friends, learning about other places in the world, travel.
  • I am a Layperson

• Alliance Community Church - Duluth

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:44 AM

When I awake in the night verses from praise songs pop into my mind, and I find myself mentally singing along. Sometimes names of people I know come to mind and then I begin to pray. It's so awesome to think God is with me even when I'm sleeping!

Patti
  • Thinker likes this

There's no such thing as being "in ministry."

If you are a Christian, your life is your ministry.

- Jefferson Bethke

#7 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:24 PM

I often have insomnia for short periods during the night in the form of not falling asleep for a couple of hours. So, this is perfect because it is usually midnight or later that I can fall asleep. However, my mind is already shut off. My body wants to get up and vacuum or clean the bathrooms or something!! I often read the scripture or a Christian book, but find I don't absorb much so late. I just pray briefly, simply and read the same scripture verses over and over again. THANK YOU FOR SHARING!
  • Thinker and amansowin like this

#8 Kenny

Kenny

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study, Bicycling, Christian Fellowship, I love reading A.W. Tozer and listening to Alistair Begg. Favorite book other than the Bible is Pilgrims Progress.
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

I have admired John Wesley who would arise at 4:00 am every morning for the purpose of prayer and Bible study.