• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Candice

Candice

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts
  • Interests:Bible study and deeper life in Christ, reading old and wise teachers of the bible.
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Please pray for my son who is 15, a freshman in HS. He's struggling not having friends, loneliness, lack of belief in Christ and feeling no one likes him. This has gone on for some time and I'm concerned for his life. I am fearful of what he may do. We are really not connected at church. We "attend" on Sundays simply because we are commanded to do so and we are part of a body that is not interested when they ask "how are you." Don't think I can face another Sunday there, especially with what's happening with my son.

Thank you,
Candice

#2 chipped china

chipped china

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts
  • Interests:Knowing Jesus and our heritage. Showing Christ though me. Being a member of the Body. I enjoy nature and animals.
  • I am a Layperson

• Bible studies from New Life Assembly

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

Yes, I will pray for sure. I'm so sorry this world can be so lonely. I hate Satan. Trust God, He's got you and your son. His Love to you both, betsy

#3 Gordy

Gordy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Ensley Alliance Church, Pensacola FL

Posted 18 March 2013 - 10:31 AM

i am praying

#4 Woodingirl65

Woodingirl65

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

Dear Candice

I can hear your pain in your post. Please know that I am praying for you and you son to come to know deep in your souls, our God who heals.

In Christ's love,

Cheryl

#5 Ivan Marti

Ivan Marti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend an Alliance church
  • Tabernaculo de la Fe

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

Dear Candice,

You need to look for help. Try first talking to your pastor at your local church but if you are not succesful, just find some church that will listen. In the meantime, we all are praying for you and your son.

In Christ,

Ivan
  • Julie Daube likes this

#6 Julie Daube

Julie Daube

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Interests:Intercessory prayer, spiritual warfare, prophecy, science fiction and fantasy, music, fitness, nutritional healing, apologetics, and evangelism
  • I am a National Office Worker

• First Evangelical Free Church

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Dear Candice,
You and your son are in my prayers. I think a lot of us know what it's like to struggle with the issues your son is going through. I agree with Ivan that you need to look for help. If your church won't help, try another one or see if your son's school offers counseling. He would definitely benefit from talking through his issues with a caring, objective professional. If the school doesn't offer counselng and you can't afford professional counseling, many therapists offer a sliding-scale fee (and some insurance companies cover this type of treatment). There may be community resoures available as well.

Please keep us posted on how things go. We are all standing with you in prayer.

Blessings,
Julie

#7 Lori Smith

Lori Smith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • I am a Layperson

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Praying for you and your son Candice.
In The Pursuit of God, A. W. Tozer writes, "Jesus taught that He wrought His works by always keeping His inward eyes upon His Father. His power lay in His continuous look at God (John 5:19-21)."

#8 Guest_Marvin Harrell_*

Guest_Marvin Harrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

Agree with all posted here. Find help. I was an isolated 15 yr old and God used it. Jesus met me at these low times and rescued me at 16. You might try connecting with the Alliance Youth office for some suggestions. Try emailing Heidi Almado (staff support) or James Grout (director) for some thoughts. Their addresses are almadoh@cmalliance.org and groutj@cmalliance.org and I believe they may have some resources available. Praying for your son..

#9 GregK

GregK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:24 PM

Candice,

I will pray for your son, and your family. May God embrace him, and you, and lead you to the help you need, and the faith community that you deserve.

In God's Love,
Greg