Photo

Three Kingdoms-To Which One Do We Belong?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Thinker

Thinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Humor, Writing, Counseling, Bible Study,Discipling and Revival
  • I am a Pastor

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • Webbs Mills Free Baptist Church

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:55 PM

Some might think that distinguishing between the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God is an artificial distinction. Nevertheless, I find it to be very helpful. The Kingdom of God is His eternal Kingdom. It reigns from eternity past, through time, to eternity future. It is this Kingdom that is in view, when we pray, "Thy Kingdom come!" The Kingdom of Heaven, on the other hand, is found on earth. It embraces both wheat and tares. Matthew 13:24-25; 36-40 explains, "Another parable put He forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field. But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way." "Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and His disciples came unto Him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field. He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man; the field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom (of God?-Probably.); but the tares are the children of the wicked one; the enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels. As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world." In God's time, the Kingdom of Heaven will be purged of tares and the wheat will be swallowed up (so to speak) into the Kingdom of God. The third kingdom is the kingdom of this world. In this kingdom are all of the unsaved. It is here that Satan reigns. We need to exit this kingdom or we will be lost forever! Selah! Being born again brings about the reality found in Colossians 1:13, "Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of His dear Son." Have you been relocated? Thinker (Ron )
  • Charles Miles likes this

#2 Charles Miles

Charles Miles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts
  • Interests:Medicine
    Fruits of the spirit
    Learning more about the Kingdom of God and how to live in it here on earth
  • I am a Layperson

• I attend a non-Alliance church
  • First Presbyterian Church EPC

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:39 AM

Our goal should be the Kingdom that has God as the absolute Lord of our lives and we, as citizens of that government, should obey God`s commands and accept His gifts as they are presented to us, His children. The absolute best form of government, ith less waste, less corruption, and no violence, would be a kingdom with God as absolute king and protector. There have been many "kindgdoms" on this earth in the past, but none with an absolute perfect monarch with only the wellbeing and love for His subjects. When we place ourselves under God`s absolute rule and obey Him, listen to Him, we will become His children and live happily within this "Kingdom". Using the cross and the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus as our "door" into this kingdom way of life, we are then able to use the many gifts of God to use in our daily walk.

I am facinated that the main message of Jesus when on this earth, was the gospel of the Kingdom, and we have allowed this particular gospel message to fade. This Kingdom of love, peace, worship, and living the will of God, is a glorious place to live and maybe our job may be to act as the "chamber of commerce" to show others how to get here and live with the advantages.
  • Thinker likes this